Peter Forsberg... Where Does His Future Lie?

blaze53

Peter Forsberg's Dark Future  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What decision do you think Flyers GM Paul Holmgren will make?

• (Plan A) Keep Forsberg until the end of the season.
    • (Plan B) A trade to one of the inquiring teams
    • Peter Forsberg will retire at the end of the season

Heyyyy wuddddddddddup Habs fans?

Just wanted to keep you guys posted on this season's most talked about player :lol:

Here are a couple of links you gotta check out immediately:

1)"Meeting of the minds for Flyers, Forsberg" NHL.com Article

2)"For Flyers, Plan A or Plan B?" NHL.com Article

>>>>However I'm certain that Bob Gainey won't make any idiotic decisions.

Take careee

peace.

:hlogo: ALL THE WAY BABY!

Edited by blaze53

Forsberg would be great for the dressing room because things always go well with everyone when your winning and if Forsberg was in the dressing room would mean he was healthy and that would be a huge boost for the Canadiens.

teams will overbid on forsberg. while they'll get a good player, they will have to surrender alot in order to get him.If kovalev was traded for a cough* prospect*cough and a 2nd round pick on a salary dump by the rangers, expect forsberg to be way higher than that.

Foresberg is playing poorly by his standards ... superstar standards ... but if you check his points situation he is just under a point a game (only 34 games though):

PETER FORSBERG PHI 34 9 21 30

I think as a second line center he would be great for most teams who need an extra push, especially since he has said he will only waive his no-trade clause if he thinks that his foot problems are behind him.

He wants to WIN. He is not in this for the bling. I guy like him could retire nicely. He wants to show the world that he still has it ... he wants another Stanley Cup.

So if we could get him, we should get him ... unless the cost is both of Gainey's nuts, and Saku's first born.

I think whatever team gets him will be left crying when the ankle he chose to not have surgery on gives out.

I have to agree on that one - this problem is a disaster waiting for a place to happen?

A great player, but he is not worth the cost for the high ratio risk he currently is.....

Time and mother nature can be cruel - and it seems that they have caught up to him.

I think whatever team gets him will be left crying when the ankle he chose to not have surgery on gives out.

I thought his most recent troubles were due to his skates, not injuries? I could be wrong. From what I've heard, it's been going on a long time. I've never heard of anyone having such trouble with his equipment before... so it makes sense that something special needs to be done to his skates to accomodate an injury, I suppose.

Anyway, apparently he played a great game vs. Tampa last night, the first time he's been himself in awhile. It would be nice if he played great only after he was traded to the Habs, because every game he shows himself to have overcome his issues just increases the asking price if a trade is in the offing. ;)

I would take a chance on him, depending on what has to go the other way, as always (I can't see it being an excessively steep price, as a UFA-to-be). When he's playing well, he's a game breaker - the kind that could put us over the top. As JMMR said, no price is too high if we end up hoisting the Cup.

I thought his most recent troubles were due to his skates, not injuries?

Well, in the offseason he had planned to have surgery on both ankles, one after the other. It would have kept him out until January. Instead, he decided to only have surgery on the ankle in worse shape, so he could start the season. That means he's still playing on an on which ankle doctors said he needs surgery.

Well, in the offseason he had planned to have surgery on both ankles, one after the other. It would have kept him out until January. Instead, he decided to only have surgery on the ankle in worse shape, so he could start the season. That means he's still playing on an on which ankle doctors said he needs surgery.

Exactly, that's why the deal is totally not even worth considering. Bob Gainey should should go after some other players on the Flyers roster like Gagné and Kapanen, those players would be a certain asset to the team.

Edited by blaze53

on current standings we dont need mr forsberg. it would be a flash in the pan trade. to risky with his injury history.

on current standings we dont need mr forsberg. it would be a flash in the pan trade. to risky with his injury history.

Totally agreed, I'd rather cash in with someone else on the market. :lol:

Edited by blaze53

Interesting article on MTLs trade hopes:

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/insider_trading/

I agree with them that it may be hard for the Habs to be a player in the market unless they are willing to give up some youth, or key ingredients like Souray or Abie. I have no expectations of winning the cup this year. Maybe the Habs should be looking to be sellers and move Souray for some good youth. If we make it to the playoffs if will only be a couple of rounds. And, personally, I don't like the idea of unloading Perezhogin, Grabovsky, Kostitsyn, Plecks, etc.

So unless we can score someone for very little, or make a deal for one of our trade baits ... I expect us not to get some big named second line saviour.

Bob's hands may be tied.

Interesting article on MTLs trade hopes:

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/insider_trading/

I agree with them that it may be hard for the Habs to be a player in the market unless they are willing to give up some youth, or key ingredients like Souray or Abie. I have no expectations of winning the cup this year. Maybe the Habs should be looking to be sellers and move Souray for some good youth. If we make it to the playoffs if will only be a couple of rounds. And, personally, I don't like the idea of unloading Perezhogin, Grabovsky, Kostitsyn, Plecks, etc.

So unless we can score someone for very little, or make a deal for one of our trade baits ... I expect us not to get some big named second line saviour.

Bob's hands may be tied.

I agree that it will take a key ingredient and Souray is the key to a good deal for us. Everyone knows he wants to play in Cali or on the West coast (i'd prefer he sign here for 3 years but...) we will lost him this summer for sure. I think at least one team in the whole NHL will want to improve their PP for the playoffs.

If you don't like the idea to throw Perez, Grabo, Kots or Plex, for my part i'd be very happy to throw Souray, Abby and Perez or Kots for a good center player and a youngster in a kind of 3-way trade.