Spider-Man NL

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, that's it, that's all for me...

bonsoir!

GO :hlogo: GO!

I dont mind that loss...because not a single guy on the Canadiens quit tonight! They never gave up, if we play every single game like that including playoffs, i like our chances of winning the cup! Some of the things that I enjoyed from this game:

1) Lapierre butt ending that little b!tch Crosby

2) Bonk stepping up

3) Samsonov did not take a single shift off tonight

4) Souray showing the courage to put up with no crap from Colby Armstrong

5) Abby put on a clinic...i think he deserves another start on Saturday...I dont think Huet would have fared any better

6) Kovalev made Fleury lose his jockstrap

Congratulations Pittsburgh Penguins (and of course the referees), you beat the Montreal Canadiens, but it will only be a matter of time where you will go in the standings where you belong...enjoy your high while it lasts..Muahahaha..cause your getting Massacred on a Sunday in Montreal.

McGuire thinks that was a classic hockey game and they should show it around the world!

Well, yes, the comeback kids did play amazing.. but with reffing like that, i would not be showing that BS around to advertise the league...

I dont mind that loss...because not a single guy on the Canadiens quit tonight! They never gave up, if we play every single game like that including playoffs, i like our chances of winning the cup! Some of the things that I enjoyed from this game:

1) Lapierre butt ending that little b!tch Crosby

2) Bonk stepping up

3) Samsonov did not take a single shift off tonight

4) Souray showing the courage to put up with no crap from Colby Armstrong

5) Abby put on a clinic...i think he deserves another start on Saturday...I dont think Huet would have fared any better

6) Kovalev made Fleury lose his jockstrap

Congratulations Pittsburgh Penguins (and of course the referees), you beat the Montreal Canadiens, but it will only be a matter of time where you will go in the standings where you belong...enjoy your high while it lasts..Muahahaha..cause your getting Massacred on a Sunday in Montreal.

I would say Huet on Saturday vs Islansers and Abby and Sunday vs Pen

what an incredible game, im really proud of how our boys worked out there tonight. What heart and determination. This sets us up well for a good month of February after a slow January IMO.

Bonk was a real champ out there tonight, although i thought the entire team worked their asses off.

I have to give credit to the boys for over coming the BS tonight.

I am still concerned that our top line is completely useless. Hopefully, they will get it going this weekend. If they could get back on track our odds of making the playoffs will go up dramatically.

I sure hope they embarrass the pens on Sunday. The Pens didn't deserve the win tonight.

I have to give credit to the boys for over coming the BS tonight.

I am still concerned that our top line is completely useless. Hopefully, they will get it going this weekend. If they could get back on track our odds of making the playoffs will go up dramatically.

I sure hope they embarrass the pens on Sunday. The Pens didn't deserve the win tonight.

Making the playoffs?

We should be (and are) fighting for home ice advantage.

They play with that type of effort every night and they will finish in 4th or 5th.

Nothing like a little anger to get you to raise your game.

They outshot a team who essentially had a half period PP. They outworked and outplayed them

We have not been able to say that much in the last 6 weeks.

I also would love Lapierre to turn into a superpest. I loved the fact that he caused all types of shit,

I am also intrigued into what Carbo has seen in him to give him the responsibilty of shadowing Crosby.

A tough loss for sure, but a great motivational tool to raise the level of their game.

I think we just turned the corner boys!!

I think one of the main issues here is the Souray incident.

According to RDS:

1. No penalty was given to Pittsburgh even though he was fighting back, and landed two punches on Souray, (he also dropped his glove before Souray)

2. Souray ejected on the grounds that Armstrong was down and not doing anything and Souray kept going at him. Armstrong was down, but that's only because Souray came at him with the fury of a thousand storms. Armstrong struggled and tried to fight back, he just wasn't all that succesful because Souray was doing good at keeping him down.

The "should have been" net result:

Souray in the box for 7(+) minutes (still in the game)

Pittsburgh 2 minute power-play

The actual result:

Souray ejected from the game

Pittsburgh 7 minute power-play

Sliiiiiiiiiight difference if you ask me.

Making the playoffs?

We should be (and are) fighting for home ice advantage.

where you been for the last couple of hours? eating crow maybe?

couple of things to say:

-how can we let Souray go? The guy is leading the team in goals, penatly minutes, and balls. I'm glad he stood up for saku (was a clean hit by the way, but you gotta stand up). Would have been a different game with him in the line up too.

-playoff type hockey in the third. Gotta say i was expecting more from latendresse though. good for max though, thought he was a great pain in the ass all night.

-Higgins? Higgins? Bueller?

where you been for the last couple of hours? eating crow maybe?

couple of things to say:

-how can we let Souray go? The guy is leading the team in goals, penatly minutes, and balls. I'm glad he stood up for saku (was a clean hit by the way, but you gotta stand up). Would have been a different game with him in the line up too.

-playoff type hockey in the third. Gotta say i was expecting more from latendresse though. good for max though, thought he was a great pain in the ass all night.

-Higgins? Higgins? Bueller?

Higgins has sucked ever since he came back. Why does everyone of our forwards ALWAYS have to slump for 20 gaems?

Saw the game at a sports bar and the first thing I can ask is what the shit is Plekanec doing in a shootout? He couldn't put it away in OT, and yet he gets a shot in the shootout. Higgins, I assume, was given a shot to try to open the flood gates, to which I say give Samsanov the chance first.

Koivu on the bench.

Markov on the bench.

Latendresse on the bench.

Hell, I'll take Bonk, Johnson, or Ryder (provided he shoots) over Plekanec.

Carbo is confusing, to say the least.

Saw the game at a sports bar and the first thing I can ask is what the shit is Plekanec doing in a shootout? He couldn't put it away in OT, and yet he gets a shot in the shootout. Higgins, I assume, was given a shot to try to open the flood gates, to which I say give Samsanov the chance first.

Koivu on the bench.

Markov on the bench.

Latendresse on the bench.

Hell, I'll take Bonk, Johnson, or Ryder (provided he shoots) over Plekanec.

Carbo is confusing, to say the least.

well, in the little guy's defense, he was basically the only guy who was scoring in january. gotta go with the hot hand.

What a game, replay was on this morning(and thats fun without knowing the result :P)

Really enjoyed it, Habs played very good. Really putting an effort on it.

Some comments:

- First line wasnt very good again;Koivu was oke, but higgins and Ryder werent giving any support

- I hope Ryder gets Benched cuz he was the worst player on the team again. No effort, not hard working, and its to easy getting him of the puck. We could have done better with him not playing tonight.

- Samsonov was great tonight, so good on the puck. Creates opportunity's and he fits really well on the 3rd line. That was one of the most dangerous lines tonight. I couldnt wait for that line to get on the ice.

-Abby played great, allthough that last goal he was in nowhere land. Got lost track of the play big time. I think it was him to blame. Also think he shoudl have had the Penalty shot of Malkin.

-I hope Higgins and Bouilion will get there form back. They didnt play that good tonight...

-I dont get it why Plekanec and Higgins took a PS at the end. Higgins was totally not in the game, worked hard but not there. And i think Plekanec is not a PS taker, they better could have taken Bonk or so..

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

After the advercity they faced, it was a great point to earn, almost getting the win. Love to see Souray standing up for Saku even though it put us behind the 8-ball. Too bad he didn't pummel Armstrong any better. Armstrong definitely should have had a least a 2 and even maybe a 5. Awesome game from our third line. Samsonov chipping in with a couple of assists was great. Agree that the first line needs to find its form. Also would like to mention that Dandenault seems to be playing great. Does not get much attention but at times i think he is our best d-man on the ice. Speed to keep up to the play as well as strong in our own zone. Would love to see him on the PP instead of Rivet. Hopefully we can get some payback Sunday.

Souray did the right thing, no guff about that.

Plekanec played pretty well, I understood why he got in the shootout since he's been playing on fire as of late.

Don't understand why Higgins was in the shootout, I'd throw in Samsonov honestly over him.

Higgins and Ryder both played poorly last night and have been playing poorly as of late. It seems like Koivu creates chances on the line and those guys are nowhere to be found.

I liked the trio Carbonneau threw out when Dandenault scored - Kovalev, Koivu, Samsonov.

Lots of heart shown by the team - the third line of Bonk, Johnson and Samsonov especially really worked hard.

I like this effort from Montreal a lot, they play this kind of hockey in the playoffs and we'll be successful.

For the exact reasons why everybody is so happy is why I am getting concerned. We played very well tonight, in fact most players had their most hard working game of the season....& we lost. That is not good, you would think when your goalie is on and all your lines are clicking you are going to come out with a W, when that doesn't happen you have to question the talent. I have always used the arguement that if the Habs are on top of their game and playing together they can beat any team in the league, that is what happened tonight and we couldn't pull it out. Disappointing, however this is coming from a guy that never likes to see a loss and never makes excuses for them.