Lovely talent over at BBC News...

dark_faerie87

"The BBC's Duncan Kennedy in Mexico City says the protest was noisy, passionate and angry." - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6319093.stm

No way! I never would have guessed that a protest could be noisy, passionate AND angry! Honestly, who are these hacks? I bet an 8 year old could write something better.

well I guess they've been covering too many American protests which are boring, un-passionate, ridiculed, and people ask why are we here?

"Under the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement, Mexico used to get cheap corn imports from the US, but Mexico's Economy Minister Eduardo Sojo has said that with more US corn being diverted into ethanol production, supply is dwindling."

- thats what happens when you make a deal with the devil.

Well generally protests in America aren't about the staple food rising nearly 300% in price...

well !! let's rise the price of a big mac 400% and see !!

well !! let's rise the price of a big mac 400% and see !!

I personally think the only people that can actually protest in North America are Quebecers. Man you guys are crazy but the government folks actually listen to you unlike here. People protest here they're just ignored and laughed at, mainly because we're pansies and just sit on the computer all day or play xbox and then go hey protesting looks life FUN! So they don't really protest they're just doing it because it 'looks cool'. pathetic. :angry:

"The BBC's Duncan Kennedy in Mexico City says the protest was noisy, passionate and angry." - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6319093.stm

No way! I never would have guessed that a protest could be noisy, passionate AND angry! Honestly, who are these hacks? I bet an 8 year old could write something better.

Monks burn themselves alive when they protest. Others go on hunger strikes. Perhaps it is a cultural thing to protest civily. Perhaps this is the first western style protest they have seen, or maybe an 8 year old did write the piece.

photobrowne.jpg

well I guess they've been covering too many American protests which are boring, un-passionate, ridiculed, and people ask why are we here?

"Under the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement, Mexico used to get cheap corn imports from the US, but Mexico's Economy Minister Eduardo Sojo has said that with more US corn being diverted into ethanol production, supply is dwindling."

- thats what happens when you make a deal with the devil.

NAFTA isnt the reason prices have gone up, infact its the opposite of free trade that is to blame. Mexico has import quotas on corn which raise the price, and now the US ethanol industry (which is heavily subsidized too, just a pork project that doesnt help environment and is uneconomical) too has pushed it through the roof.

Oh yeah and the BBC sucks. Probably the only network in the world more annoying than the CBC.

Edited by Dirty Harry

NAFTA isnt the reason prices have gone up, infact its the opposite of free trade that is to blame. Mexico has import quotas on corn which raise the price, and now the US ethanol industry (which is heavily subsidized too, just a pork project that doesnt help environment and is uneconomical) too has pushed it through the roof.

Oh yeah and the BBC sucks. Probably the only network in the world more annoying than the CBC.

If you prefer any american network then I am going to laugh myself silly.