Game Thread | Islanders vs. Montreal | 02/03/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not looking forward to tomorrow either.. Pitts is on a roll and mad, its a huge game...

When is the last time this team showed up in a "big game" ?

what is most annoying is that the 3rd and 4th lines are really playing well, yet the 1st and 2nd get worse every game....

Its time Gainey traded for some talent up front.. real talent....

Frankly, i am disappointed in Koivu most of all.. He is suppose to be a leader and our top guy.. .but he has been terrible for over a month... he needs to pick his game up fast...

Refs ruin the game again.

I'm not sure we can blame the refs on this one.. unless they've been sneaking sedatives in the 1st and 2nd lines water bottles...

this game was lost for a very simple reason... they never showed up in the third..

This team rarely puts in a full 60 minutes and early in the season, they got away with it.. but teams are all stepping up now to make the playoffs etc, and the habs are fading fast.

the 2nd half of a season is usually more indicative of how good a team really is. I don't like what I see...

People are blaming Huet? Come on?

There is a lot of blame to go around but I don't see how Huet could be responsible for this.

What do you expect from him? Make the first pass out of the zone? score goals?

Didnt Abi give up 4 the other night too.

He has a .88 save % in the last month. It is not hard to tell which goaltender has been playing better since christmas.

Huet has not made a single "big" save all game.

habs 4 points to beeing out of playoffs

time to take ryder and Higgins off the top line...might sound stupid but at least when latendresse is on the first line things happend...tomorow is going to hurt even more

habs are simply not in it....sens and toronto are go0ing to play...either team wins is going to put us in trouble...this is really starting to suck

Don't know what Carbo is waiting for.... it's long past time to send Kovalev to the press-box.

All these rumors about Habs looking for a 2nd line centre. Methinks they need a first line centre more.

Huet was very average. All-star goalies need to make saves to keep their teams in a game.

The only player I can't get upset with is Souray. Despite bonehead plays, he actually has some heart.

Live by the Souray sword.

Die by the Souray sword... :angry:

I am not ever since the break very happy with Souray. An unsportman like rap resulting in a goal to the Leafs :puke: He also railroaded a Leaf into the boards :puke:

The 7 minute powerplay that should have been 5 and a game :puke:

Today :puke:

I think it's high time to look at a Koivu-Kovalev line. Line 1 and 2 are getting on my nerves.

Also, Huet has been a vacation since the break. No more vacations!

On the bright side of things, the Isles usually lose to us 3-1 in the season series. It'd better turn out to be 3-1 :angry:

Another critical 2 point game and another egg laid. the vets and the leaders are absolutely pathetic. another poster said this has been going on for a month, in reality it's been going on for years. If this team does not make a big move ASAP, they will NOT make the playoffs.

Top 2 lines MINUS 9

Rivet and Souray Minus 4.

I don't call that great leadership, the best players are clearly not showing up.

When the 3rd and 4th line carry the team you got problems.

Dear Bob, pleas either make a big trade or eject the vets.

as fans we don't ask for much, just hard work and a good effort, we haven't seen much of that the last month or so.

I feel bad for Bonk and Streit; these guys have been working hard and scoring goals for us lately ; the "stars' (Koivu and Kovalev) should be on the 3rd line, really. At least, ehwn Plekanec, Bonk, Streit, Latendresse and Prezo are on the ice, there is some production.

A good trade : Rivet+Koivu to get a good center

Edited by rafikz

I too think that a trade is becoming increasingly indispensable. You can't possibly make the playoffs if your top two lines are sucking ass, and for some reason these guys seem to need a shakeup around this time every season. The problem is that trades are notoriously hard to fandangle in the cap system. We may just have to grit our teeth and watch our beloved Habs sink into oblivion :puke:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I feel bad for Bonk and Streit; these guys have been working hard and scoring goals for us lately ; the "stars' (Koivu and Kovalev) should be on the 3rd line, really. At least, ehwn Plekanec, Bonk, Streit, Latendresse and Prezo are on the ice, there is some production.

:blink:

Trade Rivet for a bag of pucks all you want but DONT ever think about Koivu.

Line 3 and 4 are OK. Mix up 1 and 2. ENOUGH!

Carbo is a God in my books. Who is my favorite all time habs? But, this is becoming irritating. Carbonneau has some question marks on himself IMO. The Kovalev playing with Samsonov should have been changed up a long time ago. It's time for Carbo to look at 1 and 2 IMO

It's time for a shakeup of the top two lines.

Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev

Higgins-Pleks-Ryder

keep the bottom two lines the same, play Abby in nets while he is hot and wait for Huet to refind his game (could also boost Abby's trade value...)

We've tried just about everything to get some 5 on 5 production except Koivu and Kovalev on the same line, what is Carbo waiting for???

Stop blaming the Refs, stop blaming the coaches, blame the lazy slug players who get paid millions to stand around and do nothing.

You can't have it both ways, First people blame the coaches for changing the lines too much, then they turnaround and say they he shouldn't keep lines together. Yopu can't win.

Again blame the players.

Ex-Canadien coaches, all currently in the playoffs, coincidence, idon't think so, good coaches coach good players. The Habs players have too lazy for years.

All the line combinations have been tried....its time for a real change....as in a player or two.....

How long till Habs management realizes this slump is almost as bad as last years? Till Montreal is 7th or 8th in the confrence? Time for a change

Hey I will be there as well with PRG. If you would like to say hello section 111 Row C Seat 13

The Habs have played these two afternoon games on superbowl weekend for my entire life.

crap !! I just found out you were going otherwise I would've come and say hi !!

was that the worst game of the season or what. nobody showed heart on the 1st and 2nd line.

I sincerly hope that ryder will sit out tomorrows game; he sucks big time. perezhogin won't be worse than him on the 1st line.

Props to johnson for a great play on Bonk's goal ...

This loss falls on the shoulders of Koivu and Kovalev, I refuse to blame Latendresse, Higgins or Ryder as none of them recieved top line minutes. The third and fourth lines were great.

Some things need to change.

1. Higgins needs more ice time, sure he is playing with Koivu on the "top line" but less than 13 minutes is not top line ice. Higgins needs to play 17+ minutes to be effective.

2. Why is Komisarek only playing 14 minutes a game he should be approaching 20 every single night. I know Carbonneu has changed the parings but Komisarek should have Rivet's ice time.

3. I would start Aebischer tomorrow and let him play until he loses in regulation. He was very good in his last two outings and Huet has been very shaky,