Game Thread | Pittsburgh vs. Canadiens | 02/04/07

Spider-Man NL

penguins_vert.jpgvrssign.gifcanadiens_vert.jpg

2006-07 Regular Season Record:

pittsburgh312.gif26-17-8 : 60 Points (6th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif28-17-6 : 62 Points (4th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Pittsburgh

0869.gif# 41 Jocelyn Thibault (2-5-2), 3.29 GAA, .896 Save%

Montreal

Abby2.jpg# 30 David Aebischer (9-7-3), 2.84 GAA, .911 Save%

Penguins Roster
Link

Canadiens Roster
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Latendresse - Plekanec - Kovalev
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Perezhogin - Lapierre - Streit

d.jpg

Komisarek - Markov
Souray - Rivet
Dandeneault - Bouillon

G.jpg
David Aebischer

Meetings This Year:

Dec. 16th, 2006:pittsburgh312.gif3 montreal50.gif6

Feb. 1st, 2007:montreal50.gif4 pittsburgh312.gif5 (SO)

SourayFightbilde.jpg

PerezhoginPitts.jpg

This game can be seen 2:00pm eastern on:
l_RDS.gif, CBC.jpg& FSNP.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 2:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 2:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"We'll fight them on the beaches, we'll fight them in the pressbox."

Scratch Downey and make sure he sits nice and close to Armstrong. Invite Nilan, Ferguson and Brashear to the game. All-you-can-drink Molson Ex in our v.i.p. section.

Go Habs!

As much as I would like to see the rough, tough game full of physical play. I would expect a grinding, speedy, fast, skilled and offensively charged game tomorrow.

The habs have loads to prove to the Pens and much to prove about playing afternoon matchups. Not to mention they need to rebound from that awful let down in the Islanders game.

I have faith that those that need to shine will shine. Else they can start shining their shoes and packing their backpacks as their clock's a tickin' to the trade deadline.

Every game counts, every point matters, every play better be good, cause every shift could be their last.

No More excuses. Its time to win and play hard every shift. We need to be playing playoff hockey, a week ago!

Lets bring this one home lads!

GO HABS GO!

Must be a physical game - that's how the Habs play best because it means they're intense.

Critical point number one: Habs MUST win board battles.

Critical point number two: Defense MUST simplify or the turnovers will be dug out of the mesh.

Critical point number three: The players must leave it out on the ice every shift. With confidence low, every partial effort costs.

Must be a physical game - that's how the Habs play best because it means they're intense.

Critical point number one: Habs MUST win board battles.

Critical point number two: Defense MUST simplify or the turnovers will be dug out of the mesh.

Critical point number three: The players must leave it out on the ice every shift. With confidence low, every partial effort costs.

If only every player learned from Kovalev. He's consitently giving his all every shift for the past few weeks.

If only every player learned from Kovalev. He's consitently giving his all every shift for the past few weeks.

Better yet, we need Ribeiro back to REALLY show them all how to play hard.

February's winning streak and dash for first in east starts this afternoon.

GO HABS GO !!!

GO BEARS GO !!!

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Oh crap the game is on CBC....Habs play terrible on CBC.

"After a brutal loss to the New York Islanders on Saturday, head coach Guy Carbonneau said David Aebischer will get the start in goal against Pittsburgh, while scratches Janne Niinimaa, Aaron Downey and Garth Murray will all play on Sunday as well." - CP/Montreal Gazette

"We'll fight them on the beaches, we'll fight them in the pressbox."

Scratch Downey and make sure he sits nice and close to Armstrong. Invite Nilan, Ferguson and Brashear to the game. All-you-can-drink Molson Ex in our v.i.p. section.

Go Habs!

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER

Oh crap the game is on CBC....Habs play terrible on CBC.

"After a brutal loss to the New York Islanders on Saturday, head coach Guy Carbonneau said David Aebischer will get the start in goal against Pittsburgh, while scratches Janne Niinimaa, Aaron Downey and Garth Murray will all play on Sunday as well." - CP/Montreal Gazette

Ok, so who sits?

Borat? Gui? Lapierre? (I don't see how they can sit Streit) Cube? Komi?

....and what will the lines be?

All this talk about vengence and war is really funny. All this for a clean hit? if Lapierre gave the same hit to Crosby every person on this board would say it was clean.

What's with the excuses playing on CBC or playing afternoon gaemes, they play just as poorly in evening and on other networks. Again, how about blaming the LAZY players with poor efforts.

I am looking for a physically tough game, i am all for fighting, just not cheap shots,. If the Habs start going after people PIttsburgh will bury them

The Habs need to wake and start playing hard for 60 minutes, until that happens, the loss train will continue.

La garnotte à Souray

En consultant le classement, je constate que nous accusons seulement cinq points de ###### sur le Canadien. Si nous remportions nos deux matchs contre eux, nous nous rapprocherons à un seul point.

L'enjeu est donc grand cette semaine.

-Marc-André Fleury

There seems to be a problem using explicit language

######

r-e-t-a-r-d, in french!

Our last matchup we started the goon show. But Therrien played goon show right back at us and took it to another level IMO. We all know that Therrien can be a bit of a maniac and he's a very "meat and potato" coach.

It wouldn't surprise me if Montreal plays disciplined and Therrien misreads it and goes goon show right off the bat.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN