HabsWorld in London Newspaper

Psycing

From meatpackers to Globetrotters - Anfield can expect a fun ride from Gillett

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2004962,00.html

----------------------------------------------------------

It actually came out 2 days ago but I couldn't find it. I recieved an e-mail awhile back and I was a bit surprised that someone in London ran into out site, hehe. Then I remembered this is HabsWorld.

Anywho, hope I well represented. More my thoughts on the whole Gillet thing and what I remember about it. I'm sure others have their own (different) view as well.

good article great recognition. Thanks Macaskill.

GO HW GO!

There's also no way in hell the Habs aren't profitable. Longest sellout streak, ever. Of probably any one major sport in North America, too.

i believe the red sox are in the midst of a longer sellout streak... assisted by the fact that they play twice as many home games per year.

There's also no way in hell the Habs aren't profitable. Longest sellout streak, ever. Of probably any one major sport in North America, too.

Two words: Quebec tax.

Pretty cool! You were cited in one of the most prestigious newspapers in the world! I'm pretty sure The Guardian is #1 in UK! Nice words about Mr Gillett. Good luck to him purchasing Liverpool.

Maca, you are them mahn! Way to go!

Can I hear the full story on how this came about?

Full story? Basically got an e-mail from Dave Hannigan via my Macaskill@habsworld.net account and he asked if I could answer a few of his questions regarding George Gillett Jr. So I did. And Voila... :)

Full story? Basically got an e-mail from Dave Hannigan via my Macaskill@habsworld.net account and he asked if I could answer a few of his questions regarding George Gillett Jr. So I did. And Voila... :)

But does he know you are a filthy hippy?

now this is a hard decision for me- if gillet owns liverpool should i support the habs being a man utd fan? personalyl i think its a bad investment for him- chelsea have tried to take over man united as the most profitable team in the world and they havent managed it- were no1 and always will be end of.

i hope he he buys em and them sells em so a car park can be made over their sadium.

no way. How did they find you and lol I'm kinda surprised they didn't go to a reporter or radio person. Anyway thats totally awesome!

They stumbled across HabsWorld one way or another, and since I had done a couple of recent artcles I guess they chose me.

Pat Hickey of the Gazette wrote that he had been contacted by his "English colleagues", so I'm sure they got some information from there as well.

They stumbled across HabsWorld one way or another, and since I had done a couple of recent artcles I guess they chose me.

Pat Hickey of the Gazette wrote that he had been contacted by his "English colleagues", so I'm sure they got some information from there as well.

You know what they did now? lol they probably just googled Montreal Canadiens and you popped up.lol. Well the Guardian's readers are our type of people when it comes to politics. But most people read the tabloids over there. I bet Tony Blair and Gordon Brown read your article. (Guardian is left of centre)

now this is a hard decision for me- if gillet owns liverpool should i support the habs being a man utd fan? personalyl i think its a bad investment for him- chelsea have tried to take over man united as the most profitable team in the world and they havent managed it- were no1 and always will be end of.

i hope he he buys em and them sells em so a car park can be made over their sadium.

Chelsea are not interested being profitable, despite what Kenyon keeps saying. It is true that Manure have capitalised on their dominance of the 90's financially - some would say they peaked at the perfect time with all the money coming in to football with Sky and the like.

Profitable does not mean the biggest club though.

Then again, being a Liverpool man and an Anfield regular, I would say that ;)