So much for seeing Crosby in Montreal

C-Love

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, when I was a kid we were always dreaming of getting a superstar in Montreal like Lemieux or Savard, because of the french connection ... and it never happened. People do not trade superstars that often, and when they do it is usually for way too much, or it is at the end of their career when they are no longer producing.

The Roys, and THortons are the acceptions.

Getting Crosby in the red white and blue was a pipe dream at best. He is stuck in ugly old steel town for the rest of his life like his mentor. Sux to be him!

And i understand Crosby frustration.

He is hit by anyone at every game he plays. He just wants to play hockey without the cheap shots, and he defends himself not hiding behind a goon like some others do.

Reaction from the fan booeing is their right but you got the right to being stupid, there is no law against that.

People have been on this forum since he came into the league stating that when Crosby becomes an UFA he will undoubtably sign with Montreal because it has been his dream. I am just saying that I think now he actually hate the Habs more than likes them. He seems to really get off playing against us. He is no different than any other player I guess, it's a business first. I would also like to add that I never ever thought that he would be signing as a UFA in Montreal.

He is no different than any other player I guess, it's a business first.

Exactly. Any childhood preferences one might have fall by the wayside after receiving your first paycheque from your employer. They become your favourite team pretty quick.

That's Bob's plan!!!

Let the top earners ease into retirement, bring up the kids and offer Crosby 35 mil a season!! Boyhood dream/huge salary/cash cow all covered in a few fell swoops.

Bob's a genius.

:P lol:

But really. I'd love to see Crosby here. not in his twilight years, but eventually.. isn't the UFA age gonna be something like when he's 25??? I think it's after 7 years of NHL experience, so he'd hit it pretty soon...

Crosby.....An unbelievable talent with spectacular work ethic.

Too bad he is also a drama queen, a suck, a diver........Even Don Cherry the habs hater thinks so.

I have to agree with this, however, he is still a kid and will hopefully grow out of that. With age comes maturity. He is very talented, sees the ice amazingly, and is accurate as hell. Great player. I guess as a teenager being thrown to the ice hurts more than when you are in your twenties, not really but you learn to shake it off. Not defending his actions, just suggesting that he may grow out of it.

Crosby.....An unbelievable talent with spectacular work ethic.

Too bad he is also a drama queen, a suck, a diver........Even Don Cherry the habs hater thinks so.

gretzky used to do the same thing... doesn't change that at the end of the day, he makes your team a million times better almost singlehandedly...

:P lol:

But really. I'd love to see Crosby here. not in his twilight years, but eventually.. isn't the UFA age gonna be something like when he's 25??? I think it's after 7 years of NHL experience, so he'd hit it pretty soon...

Crosby becomes a ufa in 5 years.

The kid is 19 years old and says stupid things like 19 year olds do. The kid is arguably the best hockey player in the world but he still has a lot to learn about diving, whinning and keeping his emotions in check. And theres nothing wrong with him acting the way he does right now.....the hockey world is asking way too much from this young man and the pressure on him is tremendous. I think he has handled himself wonderfully and if that was my son in 19 years I couldn't be prouder.

The world should back off of Sidney Crosby and let him mature without so much criticisim....the kid is alright. He won't even remember that stupid comment in 3 years time. He loves Montreal and always will, but the chances of him ever playing here were between slim and none

The kid is 19 years old and says stupid things like 19 year olds do. The kid is arguably the best hockey player in the world but he still has a lot to learn about diving, whinning and keeping his emotions in check. And theres nothing wrong with him acting the way he does right now.....the hockey world is asking way too much from this young man and the pressure on him is tremendous. I think he has handled himself wonderfully and if that was my son in 19 years I couldn't be prouder.

The world should back off of Sidney Crosby and let him mature without so much criticisim....the kid is alright. He won't even remember that stupid comment in 3 years time. He loves Montreal and always will, but the chances of him ever playing here were between slim and none

I won't speculate on his signing in Montreal or not - but I will say that it is hard to shake the loyalties of a childhood though?

That said I agree wholeheartedly with this posting.

And does anybody here recall 'the Great One's' comments way back when.... because yes, Gretzky let his tongue slip before his brain was engaged when he once referred to the New Jersey Devils as a 'Mickey Mouse' operation. Not one of his brightest comments? But then everyone makes mistakes once in a while!

Edited by beliveau1

The kid is 19 years old and says stupid things like 19 year olds do. The kid is arguably the best hockey player in the world but he still has a lot to learn about diving, whinning and keeping his emotions in check.

Sydney reminds me so much of Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portuguese soccer player. (If any of you followed World Cup, you'll remember him as the insanely skilled young player who must have been a swimmer in a previous life, as he'd dive and complain and whine all the time. He has skill though.. much like Sydney)

FORCA PORTUGAL

GO HABS GO

:hlogo:

In 20 years you will all feel privileged to have lived through the era of Sidney Crosby and watched the entire career of one of the all-time greats. Face it.

As for whether he'll sign with the Habs: if he has a sense of a special rivalry or hate-on for the Canadiens, that will make him MORE not LESS likely to sign with us in the long run. He will WANT to play for a city that brings out that kind of intensity and passion. However, I agree that it's a business and that he'll go to the city that offers him the best combination of money, quality of life, and prospects of winning. (And I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Montreal will be that city. Unlike most UFAs, he knows Quebec and feels comfortable here, is aware that all that english-canadian racism is bullshit, and WANTS to be in a pressure-packed environment where hockey really matters).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Exactly. Any childhood preferences one might have fall by the wayside after receiving your first paycheque from your employer. They become your favourite team pretty quick.

That doesn't stop players who were "life-long Leaf fans" from signing with the Leafs. Just ask a Leaf fan. Every summer, they gotta decide between the 40 or 50 "life-long Leaf fan" free agents just pounding on the ACC doors begging for the chance to fulfill their ultimate dream of being over-paid and still be able to play golf in early spring.

That doesn't stop players who were "life-long Leaf fans" from signing with the Leafs. Just ask a Leaf fan. Every summer, they gotta decide between the 40 or 50 "life-long Leaf fan" free agents just pounding on the ACC doors begging for the chance to fulfill their ultimate dream of being over-paid and still be able to play golf in early spring.

:lol:

True. It's convenient that many of them were "life-long Leaf fans", since the Leafs are the only team with any interest in them. But true.

Crosby will learn to stop the whining. It took a while for Gretzky to grow up too. Skill and money don't make you a class act. The 'Faker' chant was great... and a learning experience. He needs more guys like Recchi to show him how to be...

You know, when I was a kid we were always dreaming of getting a superstar in Montreal like Lemieux or Savard, because of the french connection ... and it never happened. People do not trade superstars that often, and when they do it is usually for way too much, or it is at the end of their career when they are no longer producing.

The Roys, and THortons are the acceptions.

Getting Crosby in the red white and blue was a pipe dream at best. He is stuck in ugly old steel town for the rest of his life like his mentor. Sux to be him!

this is pretty well what i said when he was drafted and came into the league... he may have been a life-time habs fan to that point but he will dig roots in pittsburg before his free agency comes...

it's always possible but i certainly won't hold my breath when that time comes...

GO :hlogo: GO!