Sergei Samsonov

MAK

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOKINEN JOKINEN JOKINEN......please God, let it be so..

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or even better Anise Kopitar from the Kings.....Souray and ryder for Kopitar (I wish that we would have picked him instead of Price he is awsum, plus he is slovanien just like me)

and I'd add to that:

I don't have a sports team, but If I had one, I would certainly not pay $6.5M for one player, especially not for a guy like Souray, he has a canon shot, he has leadership, but he's never worth more than $5M and even then, it'd be a stretch IMO. However, I know that teams like L.A. can do it (particularly if they wanna compete with Anaheim)

very true :D all of this... I would love for Souray to stay, but I'm afraid he won't... and on top of it, we can't trade him now because as others have said, it would send the wrong message to the players on the team that we're not competing this year. SO at the end of the day, we'll probably lose him for nothign, but c'est la vie.

very true :D all of this... I would love for Souray to stay, but I'm afraid he won't... and on top of it, we can't trade him now because as others have said, it would send the wrong message to the players on the team that we're not competing this year. SO at the end of the day, we'll probably lose him for nothign, but c'est la vie.

just some "support" for my $6.5M contract theory:

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerBiography.asp?ID=3664

McCabbe signed for $7.1M w/ the Leafs after having a similar season. It won't be 7M for Souray... No team is as foolish as the Leafs... however, it'll be close to that for sure.

I can see Sammy going to Chicago but I really hope that we get more back than just smolinski, please oh god we need a puck moving defenceman.

that way we can deal Souray for the 1st/2nd line center that we need

Edited by Davehab

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or even better Anise Kopitar from the Kings.....Souray and ryder for Kopitar (I wish that we would have picked him instead of Price he is awsum, plus he is slovanien just like me)

Kopitar would have been a good choice... yes. better than Brule, and Bourdon etc...

but better than Price?

better than the next "Patrick Roy / Martin Brodeur" ?

nah, Only Sidney Crosby is a better choice...

In fact, my ranking for the 2005 draft, with insight, would be the following:

1. Sidney Crosby

2. Carey Price

3. Anze Kopitar

4. Jack Johnson

5. Guillaume Latendresse (;) )

JOKINEN JOKINEN JOKINEN......please God, let it be so..

Sammy, Perezhogin and Plekanek for Jokinen and a spare Jock strap...

I can see Sammy going to Chicago but I really hope that we get more back than just smolinski, please oh god we need a puck moving defenceman.

that way we can deal Souray for the 1st/2nd line center that we need

I'd almost rather we only get back smolinski and hten we make another trade, just so in losing Sammy and his salary, we don't also pick up someone else with a big fat salary that negates signing souray/markov (both????) in the off-season...

If we traded away sammy for Smolinski, then turned around and traded away Souray for Jokinen (plus antoher prospect / pick they'd want ) I would be MORE THAN happy... Is this asking too much?

Edited by ShortHanded

Kopitar would have been a good choice... yes. better than Brule, and Bourdon etc...

but better than Price?

better than the next "Patrick Roy / Martin Brodeur" ?

nah, Only Sidney Crosby is a better choice...

In fact, my ranking for the 2005 draft, with insight, would be the following:

1. Sidney Crosby

2. Carey Price

3. Anze Kopitar

4. Jack Johnson

5. Guillaume Latendresse (;) )

Sammy, Perezhogin and Plekanek for Jokinen and a spare Jock strap...

minus the jock strap that might actually work....

I just don't know what we need more a first line center or a future great Goalie.....

I'd almost rather we only get back smolinski and hten we make another trade, just so in losing Sammy and his salary, we don't also pick up someone else with a big fat salary that negates signing souray/markov (both????) in the off-season...

If we traded away sammy for Smolinski, then turned around and traded away Souray for Jokinen (plus antoher prospect / pick they'd want ) I would be MORE THAN happy... Is this asking too much?

just a little...but we can dream cant we

Edited by Davehab

minus the jock strap that might actually work....

I just don't know what we need more a first line center or a future great Goalie.....

Both :wall:

recent cup winning centers

Sakic, Nieuwendyk, Yzerman, Modano, Lecavalier / Richards

cup winning goalies on these teams (or vice versa)

Roy, Brodeur, Hasek, Belfour, Khabibulin

Only in 2006 that a "no namer", Cam Ward, won the cup... even then, history might prove that Cam Ward belongs to the list of great goalies above.

I am sad if this is true I truly believed that Samsonov was going to help this team in the playoffs. Sure he has been jerked around but he was not scoring goals and really that is what he is paid to do. I hope this report holds no water and it is denied right away.

Wow waivers to me that only means one thing.

Gainey is clearing cap room for something huge.

If he clears he just reports to Hamilton and the cap space is saved right? Technically speaking?

Edited by Talon

If he clears he just reports to Hamilton and the cap space is saved right? Technically speaking?

Thats correct. Well the Habs would have 30 days to send him down without him having to clear again.

Yup, can't be otherwise, cause we cannot say that Sammy is a liability to the team.

e.g. Czerkawski or Berezin on waivers is one thing... they really sucked...

but Sammy was not successful... just NOT succesful... we can't say that he was terrible or that he cost us a game (we could almost say that about Kovalev though)

So, putting him on waivers means 2 things:

1. we are clearing cap room

2. we are clearing cap room for something good

-> if it was only a Aucoin or a Smolinsky, Sammy would have been traded the other way, not put on waivers... however, the "trading partner" surely wants to clear cap room too and doesn't need nor want something like Samsonov.

That or no one wants to give Gainey anything for him and he's had enough of his whining! :P

he won't clear. he's just underpeforming, he's not finished... it's not as if he was a 36 y.o. Fedorov with a $6M contract for the next two years and NOT producing at all... Sammy still has some "value"... it might not be great value, but a team with Caproom surely can take the risk... Just look at a team like the Boons... they have so many UFAs (again) this upcoming offseason... They can't pass on him.

That or no one wants to give Gainey anything for him and he's had enough of his whining! :P

That could be it too... but I prefer to think that something is up :P

Samsonov on waivers confirmed by RDS (and no typo about the "day" there)

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/222734.html

I just think the whole thing is really bizarre. Kovalev who has floated all year somehow escapes the wrath, other players are underachieving up and down the lineup nothing much done. Somehow one of the harder working players gets waived. (i do realize he is not producing points, but he also isn't on the ice for alot of goals either).

I sure hope there is some master plan and Gainey knows what he is doing.

I just hope someone picks him up....if not we may have to pay for half his salary if we try to pull him back up.....

this is really suprising for me, couldn't we get anything for him?! a pick?

Macaskill's fearless prediciton:

No one claims Samsonov. This would be Gainey's way of proving to him that no one wants him so he can't trade him. :P

Worse sickhorses have been picked before. I bet you a loonie that he's gone by tomorrow. I wouldn't bet that something is up. I wish that something was up... but I'm sure he's gone by tomorrow. Just imagine him in Nashville or someplace like that. He'd thrive.