Sergei Samsonov

MAK

Whats done is done; The Habs gave sammy loads of time to turn his game around. That didn't materialize and in towns cap system, options need to be exercised. Even if that means being sent down to the minors. Maybe it might give him more ice time and a chance to ponder his options and future.

He needs to play for a team with his heart. Its quite obvious to me that he is not willing to play as a team for a team. He is not willing to compromise; even when it was his bad playing that is a cause of concern.

IF he cannot take assignments given by the coach; even if it meant sitting out or playing on the fourth line. Then make matters worse and demand a trade...

Then I fully support Habs management; Sammy can get out and stay out until you learn how to be a team player.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Mackenzie is saying that if the Habs send him to Hamilton you can bet he will stay there. The Habs will not recall him and risk having pay half his salary next year also.

I always thought the re-entry waivers was for only the current years salary but I guess that is not the case.

w0w, shitty news.

Why? Sammy was just starting to do good.

I'm bummed Bob didnt try to get Burgeron.

Seems crazy the Habs would have to pay 1/2 of next years salary too.

The whole re-entry system is pretty dumb now. The Kings are basically fux0rd, thats why they nabbed Sean Burke off of waivers. They simply cant bring up LaBarbera, Cloutier and Garon are out with injuries. Goalies should be exempt from this. Teams shouldnt have to steal other teams goalies off of re-entries in fear of loosing their own when they are needed to be called up because of injuries. Really dumb that teams in LA's position are forced to use their 4th, 5th and 6th best golaies because their 3rd best would never clear waivers.

Well both Pleks goals last game were created by Kovalev.

Beautiful pass to Lapierre from one side of the ice to the other and then beatiful move and wrister that he knew Fleury couldnt control and Pleks knocked in the rebound.

Also those 2 goals Pleks scored in early January vs Tampa Bay were because of Kovalev's beautiful setups as well...

So yeah... Kovalevs still making those plays he was making in the first 3 months of the season to Pleks but the difference is Pleks is finally cashing in.

Man you crack me up, I bet you could find a way to connect Kovalev to 90% of the goals in the whole league! Hey Kovalev will probably touch the puck in practice so whoever gets the first goal owes it to Kovalevs aura.

:lol:

I might as well put my 2 cents in here. A friend of mine and fellow fan loves Sammy. He's a fan of the player. He was ecstatic to hear about the signing. As many may have noticed I was a staunch defender of Sammy in this forum.

Anyway, I have to send him an email defending Gainey. I know he is going to argue on and on about this. So, why not do my rant and cut/paste the post into an email? 2 birds one stone :P

Number 1: This may be the start of something bigger. I'm going to use Forsberg as an example. I am not necessarily subscribing to the idea of getting Foppa. I'm making a general point. With Sammy now in this waiver position. If he gets claimed on re-entry we can move Aebischer and Ryder plus some sort of pick/prospect to get Forsberg. Once again I am not advocating this. The main point is; if Sammy gets claimed we have the wiggle room to get an upper echolon free agent for our run. That's probably why they did it now. There's only 3 weeks to go for the deadline. The decision was probably, "We've run out of time on the deadline for this and patience for the player is also lost, it may take 3 weeks".

Maybe not Forsberg. Maybe Smolinski, Nagy. So many rumours :wacko: . But we will be in a far better position to make the/a move after this if he clears. It sucks to lose an asset but if you are going to lose one, it's always nice when you got them UFA. Losing drafted players hurts more. Silver lining anyone?

Number 2: I defended him for his play. Mostly based on potential. Gainey said "wait til February". I believed it. I think alot of us did. What might be wrong is Samsonov's complaining. How he was treated by the team was questionable in a way. The demotion. Then, the scratching. Still, you have to think that the organization, Carbonneau, Muller and Jarvis have done good things for Sammy and he still complained. I suspect he might have been an irritant to the team. Maybe too negative. His complaining and the level/frequency of it seem to spell out far more IMO. It would not surprise me if he was dragging players down with him. I remember when he said, "I thought they signed me to be the go to guy". What happens when Perezhogin (example) realizes this behaviour is acceptable? Perezhogin can float and survive? What happens when Sammy's whining makes the half the team think it's OK? Where does it stop?

I have no evidence that this is the case. I can't wait to hear the truth. I am angry with him. For crying out loud man. You are getting paid $3,525,000 to score goals and this is not happening. You are also getting paid $3,525,000 to be a veteran and a leader.

Supposed leaders who make freaking $3,525,000 ARE NOT TO WHINE TO THE MEDIA. NOT IN HABLAND :hlogo:

Not true leaders! It's $3,525,000 for crying out loud. :blink:

What an ass!!!!!!!

He really pissed Gainey off this time. Gainey probably told his agent " I would love to trade the whinney little useless complaining prick but nobody wants him. Just to prove it, I say we let him ride the bus in the AHL for a little while and see if he can remember that he is very lucky to be playing in the NHL"

GOOD ON GAINEY!!!!!!

Addition from subtraction.. sammy was a cancer to the team and i hope he stays down in hamilton for the rest of the season. NOBODY WILL PICK HIM UP.. tho he might be a worth a risk in re-entry, IF da habs wanna pay half his salary... IMO, he'll be spending the rest of the season in house league.

He's da next vagenais. Adios... farewell, dont let da door hit ur a$$ on da way out!

Edited by St-Patrick

Addition from subtraction.. sammy was a cancer to the team and i hope he stays down in hamilton for the rest of the season. NOBODY WILL PICK HIM UP.. tho he might be a worth a risk in re-entry, IF da habs wanna pay half his salary... IMO, he'll be spending the rest of the season in house league.

He's da next vagenais. Adios... farewell, dont let da door hit ur a$$ on da way out!

They will not attempt to recall him.

It is as simple as this, they are sending him down knowing that if somebody claims

him his salary is off the books and that if nobody claims him his salary does not

count against the cap. Either way it is a clear indicator that they are freeing up

salary to make a move.

He will finish the season in Hamilton if he clears. Win/Win if you ask me.

It is as simple as this, they are sending him down knowing that if somebody claims

him his salary is off the books and that if nobody claims him his salary does not

count against the cap. Either way it is a clear indicator that they are freeing up

salary to make a move.

Agreed, but do you guys really think he'll accept going down to the minors? Everyone remember what happened to the Ex-Sens rookie there, I forgot his name :unsure: He was sent down to the minors and rejected the call sparking a suspension from the ppl up in the NHL, I'm sure Samsonov is on his way to the Russian league.

-->However I think it's an excellent move made by Gainey.

Edited by blaze53

salary to make a move.

and next year as well....poor guy, but thats the reality of the situation.

but I don't believe that they will even send him down...he is on waviers until tomorrow at 12:00 noon, after that (if he is still with the team), they can decide to either send him to the minors or to keep him in montreal. If he goes to Hamilton he will be there until the end of next year, cause montreal will not pay half his salary next year and i can't blame him, if he stays there they pay him but it doesn't count under the cap. Or they might keep him and try it out on the first line.

i just hope he is gone by tomorrow...my guess is Washington

There is a chance that somebody will pick him off.

Next year free agents willnot be cheaper and some teams will take the deal for 3.5 for one season.

If not, it's all ego and administration not an on the ice issue.

Samsonov agent tells Bob he wants out of town2-3 times. The agent doesn't believe so Bob put Samsonov on waivers.

During this time Samsonov worked his ass off everygame i saw him play. I have no complaint about his play, justt for his lack of scoring.

Did you ever saw him take a bad penalty or where you watching somewhere else whern he was backchecking trying to help defense.

More than thaname one winger except Johnson that was as effetctiver to help defenseman, Perezhogin and tonight he benches too.

My final point is that is Carbo fault not to have broken the second line before that and that Carbo prefers to use bodys like Murrray and Downey instead of talent on the ice. That is team he is gonna rise or fall with them.

There is a chance that somebody will pick him off.

Next year free agents willnot be cheaper and some teams will take the deal for 3.5 for one season.

If not, it's all ego and administration not an on the ice issue.

Samsonov agent tells Bob he wants out of town2-3 times. The agent doesn't believe so Bob put Samsonov on waivers.

During this time Samsonov worked his ass off everygame i saw him play. I have no complaint about his play, justt for his lack of scoring.

Did you ever saw him take a bad penalty or where you watching somewhere else whern he was backchecking trying to help defense.

More than thaname one winger except Johnson that was as effetctiver to help defenseman, Perezhogin and tonight he benches too.

My final point is that is Carbo fault not to have broken the second line before that and that Carbo prefers to use bodys like Murrray and Downey instead of talent on the ice. That is team he is gonna rise or fall with them.

let's give the rookie coach some slack... he's likely trying the best he can...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Its perfect!!! Gainey does it agaiN!

like many of u have stated its a win win situation! Were not a cheap penniless Pittsburg!!! if we want to we can send a player or 5 or more!!!...down to the minors and keep them there until the next summer camp!

-We prove to Sammy and his agent (and shut their GEULES!) That we're not interfering with any potential transaction petitions or anything like that!

-If somebody wants him! Thank you very much! If nobody then the organization can do two things… send him down or leave him there and have him practice alla Garth Murray! And only then we will see what he’s made of!

-we free up money and we make a hell of a scare on the rest of the team! That’s the other part that I like the best! You ballerinas this is the FREAKN GLORIEUX and more importantly this is GAINEY’S HABS!!! No doubt he has less tolerance for bullshit from his players than what he had before that tragedy last year!

Wake up Ryder! Wake up Perez!! Wake up Kovy!! Wake up Koivu!! Wake Up ALL YOU SLEEPING FREE LOADERS!!! FUN IS OVER!!!

GO HABS GO !!!!!

Edited by CoRvInA

Bob McKenzie seems to think that he will end up in the minors because no one will want his lack of scoring for such a high price.

Full article:

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/bob_mckenzie/

Actually a good critique... likely he shares the same opinion and approves with what Gainey did!

You know what I totally am on Samsonov's side for this one...the guy works his effing ass off harder the Koivu on most nights and he still gets demoted to WAIVERS? CMON!!

Him and Koivu have similar outputs in the past 10 games!!!!...He is not the problem..the team ALTOGETHER is a problem....This is a crock of s*it and i am very pissed off to see that the Mgmt of the Canadiens has done such a move. I really think he would be our most valuable asset in the playoffs if we were to keep him....Why is everyone in Montreal so impatient? Who knows...maybe he will come around like Plekanek? He was stellar for Boston when he was with them, and also key for Edmonton...I do not agree with this move at all and I hope that BG has second thoughts unless he is capable of pulling out a miracle trade

Youre right! only that Koivu's agent hasnt asked for a trade and u dont know exactly what Gainey is doing with the waiver thing it could also be...

Wednesday 12:05 pm ... "You know Sammy let me show u something.... NO OTHER TEAM WANTS YOU!!! So can we please concentrate on the season at hand and quit the trade conversations with your agent... and lets get to the playoffs!! and maybe if u quit thinking about getting out of here and more on staying here we can both help you snap out of this slump!!!????

Youre right! only that Koivu's agent hasnt asked for a trade and u dont know exactly what Gainey is doing with the waiver thing it could also be...

Wednesday 12:05 pm ... "You know Sammy let me show u something.... NO OTHER TEAM WANTS YOU!!! So can we please concentrate on the season at hand and quit the trade conversations with your agent... and lets get to the playoffs!! and maybe if u quit thinking about getting out of here and more on staying here we can both help you snap out of this slump!!!????

Totally agree. I doubt Sammy goes to the minors. Hell, he'd probably refuse to report to Hamilton and go to Russia anyway.

-we free up money and we make a hell of a scare on the rest of the team! That’s the other part that I like the best!

OMG, Bob is so SMRT!!

I've been thinking this over and I bet that this is all that this is aboot. :P

Bob waives a player who is slacking with a large salary that is unlikely to be taken. No team takes him, and everybody starts playing their asses off because they dont want to be next. :clap:

Genious move really. Sammy will be back and will continue to get better and better, along with the rest of the team. :hockey:

Historically, when Bob gets a player, he doesnt give up on them very easily, so this could just be a big publicity type stunt by Bob as increased incentive for all to improve their play.

In Bob we Trust!! :hlogo:

You know what I totally am on Samsonov's side for this one...the guy works his effing ass off harder the Koivu on most nights and he still gets demoted to WAIVERS? CMON!!

Him and Koivu have similar outputs in the past 10 games!!!!...He is not the problem..the team ALTOGETHER is a problem....This is a crock of s*it and i am very pissed off to see that the Mgmt of the Canadiens has done such a move. I really think he would be our most valuable asset in the playoffs if we were to keep him....Why is everyone in Montreal so impatient? Who knows...maybe he will come around like Plekanek? He was stellar for Boston when he was with them, and also key for Edmonton...I do not agree with this move at all and I hope that BG has second thoughts unless he is capable of pulling out a miracle trade

I might have agreed with you if that ****head and his dimwit agent hadnt went public with his trade demands. A hardworking Samsonov--even one that is not scoring much-- might have had some value, but once he makes trade demands public his value plummeted. Did you hear Rivet, Murray or Perezhogn demand a trade? If you are a professional you have to suck it up. I had high hopes for Samsonov, but now ? F**K him, I hope he stays in Hamilton. If he tears up the minors maybe BG can trade him back to Edmonton for a prospect or a pick. If not, keep him till next season. Look at Sean Avery, last year the Kings couldn't give him away, this year he returned some value in a trade. Its time for Samsonov to grow up.

OMG, Bob is so SMRT!!

I've been thinking this over and I bet that this is all that this is aboot. :P

Bob waives a player who is slacking with a large salary that is unlikely to be taken. No team takes him, and everybody starts playing their asses off because they dont want to be next. :clap:

Genious move really. Sammy will be back and will continue to get better and better, along with the rest of the team. :hockey:

Historically, when Bob gets a player, he doesnt give up on them very easily, so this could just be a big publicity type stunt by Bob as increased incentive for all to improve their play.

In Bob we Trust!! :hlogo:

And scares of every possible UFA that ever even thought of signing here since they dont want to be treated the same? :/

Totally agree. I doubt Sammy goes to the minors. Hell, he'd probably refuse to report to Hamilton and go to Russia anyway.

He rarley goes to Russia and lives in Detroit in the offseason. If he is sent to Hamilton I would not be suprised if he did no report but he would not get paid so I believe he would eventually go.