The Emery incident

Mr. Nasty

What do you expect from the Monkeyheads or their inbred 'fans'? Overfed civil servants who wouldn't know a slapshot if it ripped them a new a**hole.

Emery might get a suspension because the League hates the Canadian teams - especially us & the Laffs: with our guaranteed high attendance, we don't need to win any games! If he played for Atlanta or Nashville or Anaheim or Carolina or Phoenix or Florida, forget it - zero suspension, maybe some b.s. fine.

Running Emery next game...really would take some guts. Does this team have any guts?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the league actually admitted it happened. 3 games is not enough but maybe if they were to discipline the referee who called a lousy 2 min penalty on a deliberate attempt to injure (which basically Emery admitted to) Maybe that would be enough. I am not sure what he wanted to fight Lapierre over..... he fell down? he was tripped? he was checked? Lapierre I mean not Emery. This incident just shows why the Habs and Habs fans believe that the refs are against us. We get 17 mins for Souray and Emery gets 2 mins. Maybe Gainey should be more like Burke or Quinn and scream bloody blue murder every time we get a penalty. We are getting SHAFTED by the league. Somebody start a petition or lets have a royal commission. OK thats a joke but so is the reffing in this mickey mouse league.

I am actually surprised Emery got 3 games, and I'm content with this. You have to remember that this league usually only punishes results, not intent, and Emery is a first time offender. Given the constraints of the system, I think 3 games is moderately appropriate.

I still think a heavier emphasis should placed on intent in injure. And I'm still flabbergasted as to how Emery excaped with just a minor penalty.

If he had gotten a major, or even a match penalty, he probably wouldn't have gotten a suspension at all.

As far as the referees being disciplined for missing the call, they probably got an e-mail from Walkom and Campbell, and maybe they've dropped down the ladder for post-season work. That's about it.

This post by Catch-22 on HFBoards sums it up nicely, imho:

A slash to the head is a slash to the head. It makes no difference whether Lapierre should have received a goaltender interference penalty on the play.

Former NHL goaltender Kelly Hrudey says:

Quote:

"I don't know why he did (that). This has to be a suspension in my mind. You just can't do (that)," said analyst Kelly Hrudey, a former NHL goalie, during his Behind the Mask segment Saturday on Hockey Night in Canada.

"Lapierre falls into Emery, and I know what the reaction is by Emery, 'Hey, I have to protect my space.' But clearly that's a slash that's intentional, that's to the head.

"Unfortunately, even though I am biased being an ex-goaltender, there's no need for that and certainly the NHL has to look at that and make sure it doesn't happen again. If he would have gotten up and slashed him in the knees or the ankles, I can live with that, but not to the face."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...96709-sun.html

That solves this.

And, Lapierre was not guilty of goaltender interference because, if you review the replay (http://www.omeedb.com/blog/frozenpod.html) it is clear that Lapierre tripped over Preissing's right skate as he was driving towards the net. It was that coincidental contact which led to Lapierre falling and it is even more clear that he had no chance of avoiding Emery. That means NO goaltender interference. Watch the replay.

The Officials saw it in real time. The NHL reviewed it using the replays. And they came to this exact conclusion.

Emery didn't get away with it after all.......but Ottawa surely did on saturday.

What is it with the refs this year ? the refs and the CH that is.

I feel we have been shortchanged by the refs on a constant basis from the beginning and the Emery incident is another one that has hurt us badly.......just a few games away from the Souray incident which was just as bad.The worst is that they usually dont shy away and keeps calling overlly severe penaltys against us moment after.........like the extra 2 minutes against Bouillon.......nothing stopping them.

Ron Fournier, a retired NHL refere hosting the CH's game from CKAC had hinted Carbo 20 games into the season that the Leagues's refs had a somewhat '' closed door '' consensus among them to tranquilised this

misbehaving rooky coach behind the CH's banch.

Anyway or whatever, one thing is shure for me, the refs severity against us this year seems to have been a constant.....and obviously unfair on a few occasions.

Anyway, Lapierre has really impressed me with how he has handled crasy Emery.......he really kept his cool

and thought about the team first........to bad that the refs spoilled the outcome of his good behaviour.

So he misses the FLA ALT and EDM games.....would he have played in al 3 anyway? I think against FLA Gerber would have got the start.....

It's almost like MLB pitchers getting "suspended" they miss 5 games and only miss 1 maybe 2 starts..

So he misses the FLA ALT and EDM games.....would he have played in al 3 anyway? I think against FLA Gerber would have got the start.....

It's almost like MLB pitchers getting "suspended" they miss 5 games and only miss 1 maybe 2 starts..

Good thing is if the Sens were to lose all three of those games it would be good for the Canadiens. I hope Gerbers GAA is 37.00 for the next week.

Anyone see Emery's quote after the game?

Basically that he likes that stuff, but he felt bad for putting his team at a disadvantage for 2 minutes.

Sounds like absolutely not remorse unless i was misunderstanding what he was saying. :nono:

Then his quote after the suspension is that he thinks it was too harsh.

Basically that he likes that stuff, but he felt bad for putting his team at a disadvantage for 2 minutes.

Sounds like absolutely not remorse unless i was misunderstanding what he was saying. :nono:

What a tit! They should give him more for making light of the issue.

As for the refs picking on the Habs...it has been happening since Gainey got the two refs kicked out of the playoffs last year for flubbing the Williams incident...coincidence? I think not.

Is anybody shocked that this guy who essentially is glorifying a convicted rapist, is showing no remorse?

I would call him an idiot, but you have to remember he thought that it would be a good idea to place an image of Mike Tyson on his mask.

He is either a total buffoon, or he is trying to make a name for himself in the wrong way. His actions with the mask and the slash show him for what he is. There will be a Hextall type incident in this guys future, book it.

Actually, that was Hextallish. Let me modify.

There will be another Hextall type incident in this guys future, book it.

Edited by Wamsley01

It's safe to say that Ottawa has become one of my more disliked teams in the league. Before, they were probably my second favorite team if Montreal were to never exist...

Down with Toronto, down with Ottawa and Emery especially WHAT A GOON

Edited by habsfan88

I hate situations like this. Yes he deserved to be suspended (more games I think) but none of this really matters.

The next three teams the sens play benefit from this and not the team it happened to. Pointless.

My first reaction when I saw the play was "that's 5, 10 and a game with league review later" sadly after the 2 minutes were given out, I changed the channel so I didn't kick the screen out of my TV.

The sens do seem to get away with things like this during games though. remember Havlat's kicking and such. Nothing on the ice and suspensions after. sad really.

I lost a lot of respect for Brian Murray. He basically said that Emery was the victim and should not have gotten a suspension. He said it was just because the Habs and Montreal media put pressure on the league, and that Emery was getting run all night.

Wow.. just wow. I watched that entire game and no one touched Emery. He was pissed because he coughed up the Begin goal. Even on that play, he was never touched.

Ottawa are turning into a bunch of whining pussies...

He got rid of the Tyson mask. I think that he's got Muhammed Ali on his mask now.

Ray Emery

I said "he thought that it would be a good idea to place an image of Mike Tyson on his mask."

Which he did. Muckler told him to take it off. Otherwise he would still be wearing it.

Poor judgement then, poor judgement Saturday.

I hate to say it but maybe the Leaf fans that have been saying it for years finally have something right.

Ottawa have always been gutless whiners who could never win the big game. And to be honest I still prefer those whiners to the arrogant Leaf Nation who believe that they are the center of the universe and the rightful home to the cup resides in Toronto even though most of them have never seen a Championship.

He got rid of the Tyson mask. I think that he's got Muhammed Ali on his mask now.

Ray Emery

Did this guy ever box, or does he just think he's some kind of hard-ass. I hope he gets his ass kicked. Trying to fight lapierre like he did is comparable to throwing a punch after the ref gets in the middle of you. He knew nothing would come of it.....pussy :angry:

Ottawa have always been gutless whiners who could never win the big game. And to be honest I still prefer those whiners to the arrogant Leaf Nation who believe that they are the center of the universe and the rightful home to the cup resides in Toronto even though most of them have never seen a Championship.

I think its safe to say that Ontario is just one giant shitshow, what a bunch of hosers.

Edited by Dirty Harry