Duncan Milroy Called up

mathieu30

After playing 255 games in Hamilton (58G-76A), the former 2nd round pick (37th overall in the 2001 Entry Draft) got called up saturday afternoon. Milroy leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 23 goals & 29 assists.

I don't think I have ever seen him play so this will be a treat for me. Anyone know what number he wears?

On canadiens.com he's listed with #62.

Edited by mathieu30

I doubt he will add too much offence. Kostitsyn was the guy ... but good for Duncan for finally getting a chance.

BTW, Bulldogs must be hurting right now with their 3 top scores out, and their top goalie too!

I doubt he will add too much offence. Kostitsyn was the guy ... but good for Duncan for finally getting a chance.

BTW, Bulldogs must be hurting right now with their 3 top scores out, and their top goalie too!

Grab's played last night.

Well, Milroy should make the best of this because this will most likely be his only legit shot to prove himself worthy of the NHL.

Personally, I would have called up Kosty (if his girl wouldn't be giving birth that is) and Grabs before him. Either way, Milroy DOES like staying in front of the net and score on rebounds.

could be very interesting. between halak and milroy there is some reason to be excited...

EDIT: except now I see that halak isnt starting tonight... well, should still be good.

Also, there might be something to a: grabs just coming back from injury so not quite ready for prime time and b: milroy is a natural winger.

Edited by simonus

Hmm, maybe see if Milroy can cut it because we're going to move one of our centers? Bonk?

Nahhhh.

He derserves the shot, he showed up this season in Hamilton, so he gets his chance. Should be interesting to see where he plays. I'm guessing:

Perezhogin - Lapierre - Milroy (Or Milroy will play center)

Yes!!!

I was hoping he'd get at least one game in a Habs uniform. He's earned this call-up.

Not expecting too much but he has been putting up very good numbers in Hamilton this year.

I won't be too surprised if he turns his career around and makes the NHL. Unfortunately, I think it may end up being with another team.

Woo-hoo.

Personally, I would have called up Kosty (if his girl wouldn't be giving birth that is) and Grabs before him. Either way, Milroy DOES like staying in front of the net and score on rebounds.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised too. I know Kostitsyn won't be back until Sunday, but I expected Grabovski to get the call if anyone was.

Mil is a natural winger... RW Downey and Murray are scratches (RDS)

so I would see Johnson take Kovy's spot

and where is Sammy playing? last game was he with Koivu?

Higgins-Koivu-Mil (why not)

Sammy-Plek-Ryder

Begin-Bonk-Johnson

Perez-Lapierre-Streit

Mil is a natural winger... RW Downey and Murray are scratches (RDS)

so I would see Johnson take Kovy's spot

and where is Sammy playing? last game was he with Koivu?

Higgins-Koivu-Mil (why not)

Sammy-Plek-Ryder

Begin-Bonk-Johnson

Perez-Lapierre-Streit

Where's Latendresse mahn?

haha.

Imagine after four years and you finally get your shot...and TSN has your story on their front page...with the headline "Desperate times."

Makes me laugh.

Desperate times... call for desperate call-ups. :P

Snap!