Three trades you'd like to see BG make by the Deadline

The-Habby2919

Here it is, we all have been posting our ideas and theyre either liked or shot down. So here is a safe place to post trades and UFA signings for this summer that are both Possible and good for both the future and present of this team. Mines a bit of an overhaul.. but i think we need one.

Mine are:

1. Souray, Samsonov, and a conditional pick to San Jose for Matt Carle, Steve Bernier, Scott Parker. Reason: Souray although I love the guy probably wont stay with us or will cost too much to do so, San Jose gets him and Samsonov in hopes that they would want him and Thornton to rekindle their Boston days. We get two good young players and a true heavyweight. The conditional pick comes back to us if Souray signs with SJ long term.

2. Rivet to the Penguins for ?. Pens need a veteran who can log alot of minutes and more defensive than offensive and Rivets time in Montreal is over, we should at least get something for him.

3. Trade Ryder and Murray to the Panthers for Horton. Nuff said...

4. Sign Lubomir Vishnovski and Ossi Vanaanen to Strengthen our D. And if we could move Dandenault, or Bouillon and replace with Danny Markov... Id be as happy as a pig in well you know.

5. Sign Dainius Zubrus... One of my favourite Habs coming home :D

6. Resign, Markov and Johnson.

7. Im not sure what to do with Zhogs.

That leaves us with....

Kovalev, Zubrus, Bernier (or Zhogs, Kosty)

Higgins, Koivu, Horton

Johnson, Plekanec, Latendresse

Begin, Lapierre/Chipchura, Parker

Markov, Komisarek

Visnovski, Carle

Vanaanen, Markov or Dandenault

Huet, Halak/Danis

Well thats that, I didnt take time to figure up salaries but it should be ok... let me know what u think.

:hlogo:

Hmm.. i just realized that i completely changed gears from what i wrote in the title.. oh well.. could a moderator change it some for me.. thanks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt Florida will trade horton for ryder and murray ... unless it was glen murray from 5 years ago.

also Visnovsky is not an UFA next season .. he's got one more year left with the kings.

Meh, throw in Zhogs, and oh... i thought he was.... insert Hannan then.

:hlogo:

Gainey isnt going to trade anyone but the 8UFA's and 5 of them are Untradeable... Niinima, Downey, Bonk, Rivet, and Abby

that leaves Markov and Souray and Johnson

Johnson is worth keeping til the end even if we dont resign him (I think Bonk is the other one that we should keep regardless if we cant sign them next year

My choice would be trade Ryder, Murray (while they both are scoring) and for prospects and picks only

1. Garth Murray for Richard Zednik

2. Craig Rivet for Kristopher Letang and 4th

3. JP Cote and Duncan Milroy for Gary Roberts

Provided the Roberts contract doesn't put us over the cap.

Lineup:

Higgins*-Koivu-Ryder

Samsonov-Plekanec-Perezhogin

Roberts-Bonk-Kovalev*

Begin*-Lapierre-Johnson

*Injured (Latendresse plays for Higgins, Zednik for Begin. They can sit once the playoffs start.. maybe platoon Lats and Perez.. Zednik play on the fourth once Begin gets injured again blocking a certain goal in game 2 of the finals)

Markov-Komisarek

Souray-Streit

Dandenault-Bouillon

Niinimaa

:puke: :hlogo:

Hahahah!

Take note that I list "none" twice before Roberts, though. :D

I think he'd actually really help this team. Montreal doesn't have nearly enough guys hitting the net and working for garbage goals.

1. I'll trade Souray for carle and EL Diablo.

2. Rivet / Kovalev to anyone who will take him.

3. Ryder + someone for a young forward.

Off season trade the rest of the D except Komi and Markov. They need to start over.

Off season sign a top 2 center. Trade Pleks for a D prospect.

Lineup:

Samsonov Koivu Kosty

Lats New Center Perez

Higgins Chipchura Johnson

Begin Lappierre El Diablo

Carle Komi

Markov New D Like a Hannon

Streit New D

Huet Halak

I don't really care what he does as long as he gets rid of the deadwood.

Murray, Downey, Perez, Janne no-D, can all be traded or free to a good home.

At least it frees up ice for Kosty, Grabovski and Chipchura.

That's all I want....for the kids to play!

That's all I want....for the kids to play!

That's what I want too, habs had only Latendresse this year as a rookie, I would of liked more, next year I hope they sign a couple of rookies... Trade some players for draft picks, and try to get an experienced center for next year...

if we trade ryder i well lose my mind, i been a habs fan all my life and i watch so many good players trade out of montreal.. i am not saying that ryder is the greats player i have every seen but when was the last time we had a player score 20 plus goal in the first 3 years of being in the nhl. i believe if we can bring in a couple of good plays and our "so call superstars" start playing like superstars we might have a good team here.

Kovalev does not need to go, he attracts attemtion away from other players...he frees up room and other teams are afraid of him!

Perezoghin is still young and has upside, id hate to trade him away now unless something with upside is coming back, at worst case we have a bulis on our hands, and thats not a bad thing.

ryder is a good player, but if it involves getting a very good number 1 center, you have to trade good players and he falls into this.

With saying all this, i dont think montreal has too many trades to make, if we can solidify the defense next yr, were going to be a buffalo!

Souray, Kovalev and maybe Rivet.

If we don't move Souray he will leave and we will get nothing for him, his value is too high for Bob to sit on his hands. Kovalev gets too much and brings alot of problems to the table and Rivet would be the one id like to keep but the thread says 3 and he is a really weak defensman.