Game Thread | Toronto vs. Canadiens | 02/26/07

Spider-Man NL

What a nervewracking 3rd. 2 quick goals in the 3rd. The 4th was horrendous. Just can't let in goals like that. Fortunately the Habs held on. It is unlikely Abby can carry the Habs into the playoffs. Rather see Halak in there. Wonder if this will spark Gainey to pick up a tender. Don't mind sending away a 3rd rounder for some goalie help.

I don't mind either as long as we send Abby with it

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For once, the Habs win a game...without having to steal the points, and yet people are yammering about like it's a loss. Wow...seems like ages ago that this was a positive board.

Chill out, it's 2 points, and thankfully, not a 3 point game where the Leafs scavenged a point as well.

After watching Aebischer almost snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, I dont think anyone would disagree with the fact that the habs playoff chances this season will rest on Halak's shoulders this season.

Trading for a goalie would be ridiculous when we have so much great depth in the system. Halak would've made his NHL debut next season anyways, the only difference is now he will get tossed into the fire, but it works sometimes.

You pick up a goalie at the end of his contract.. its a rental... doesn't impact the guys in the system, it means we don't have to rely on Abbey at all....

After watching Aebischer almost snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, I dont think anyone would disagree with the fact that the habs playoff chances this season will rest on Halak's shoulders this season.

Trading for a goalie would be ridiculous when we have so much great depth in the system. Halak would've made his NHL debut next season anyways, the only difference is now he will get tossed into the fire, but it works sometimes.

This analysis is on point. Play the kid and don't mortgage any future when Halak/Danis/Price may all be NHLers soon.

PS - Abby is awful. He ruined this game for me. We deserved a thrashing of the Leafs and all we got was a measly nail-biter.

This analysis is on point. Play the kid and don't mortgage any future when Halak/Danis/Price may all be NHLers soon.

PS - Abby is awful. He ruined this game for me. We deserved a thrashing of the Leafs and all we got was a measly nail-biter.

Like ladt season, we are contributing to kill Leafs playoffs hopes :lool: :lool: :lool:

Plus, they'll play Buffalo tomorrow :1special: :1special: :1special:

Edited by rafikz

Biron would be the perfect replacement Goalie ... especially if they take Abie off our hands. But it might cost us a prospect or a first.

Abie played brutal today. Yikes! We can't expect to win with him.

I thought this was the game thread, not the trade thread.............. :blink:

Anyone remember the breakaway he stopped in the 2nd? Yes he had an off night, but like I said earlier where were Koivu, and Kovalev in the 3rd? I'm sure they got a regular shift But I didn't notice them out there.

I thought this was the game thread, not the trade thread.............. :blink:

Anyone remember the breakaway he stopped in the 2nd? Yes he had an off night, but like I said earlier where were Koivu, and Kovalev in the 3rd? I'm sure they got a regular shift But I didn't notice them out there.

not sure why people keep picking up for this hack.....they gave him a three goal lead going into the third!!

Definitley have to think Halak gets the next start.

I'd go with dumping Aebischer either through trade or waivers, and call up Danis. Let the two kids play net for the Habs and give them some experience. Both of them seem to be an improvement over Aebischer.

I'd also trade Souray to the highest bidder. Should return a good prospect and another 1st round pick.

That would be 3 first rounders in June. With the excellent scouting staff we have Montreal should be able to find a gem in there somewhere. Or they can be packaged for a higher draft pick or a 2nd line centre.

Let the kids play. Call up Kostitsyn, Chipchura and Grabovski and demote Murray. Let these kids try and lead us to a playoff spot. This team is not going to win the Stanley Cup, but the experience these kids will get down the stretch and maybe the playoffs will be invaluable. NOt to mention the fans will fall in love with the kids enthusiasm and hardwork.

On a side note it was nice to see Kovalev show up to the Bell Centre tonight. I was actulaly impressed by his effort

not sure why people keep picking up for this hack.....they gave him a three goal lead going into the third!!

AND THE TEAM IN FRONT OF HIM QUIT! The 5 guys in front of him were running around [basically the whole period] chasing the puck.

Hey Iceman chill out ............. :P

Sabres will keep Biron in my opinion

Yeah, the idiots. They have 8 regulars out of the lineup and injuries to defensman cost them a trip to the Stanely Cup last year. You'd think they would deal their 1 asset for some depth on their blueline. Plus Biron is leaving in the offseason anyways.

I've had enough with all the bitching about the reffing, and there always against us...BLAH BLAH BLAH....and our goalie (insert name here) sucks let us down etc...

It still comes down to a TEAM game, 5 GUYS and a goalie..................

And the bottom line (tonight) is we WON, and moved up and TO is on the outside looking in.

Done with this thread; onto the next game!

I've had enough with all the bitching about the reffing, and there always against us...BLAH BLAH BLAH....and our goalie (insert name here) sucks let us down etc...

It still comes down to a TEAM game, 5 GUYS and a goalie..................

And the bottom line (tonight) is we WON, and moved up and TO is on the outside looking in.

Done with this thread; onto the next game!

[/quote

From what I saw, the team played as a team. Individuals made key plays, and when it was Abby's turn to make a key play or 2, he choked. Especially the Steen goal.