Kostitsyn Sent to Hamilton.. Recalled

habsfan88

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, who do you take off the roster if both Begin and Kovalev are playing tonight? Montreal has too many forwards right now and Kosty would be better in the AHL to help that team make the playoffs in a good position.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Kovalev

Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson

Begin - Lapierre - Latendresse

Ex: Murray, Kostitsyn, Milroy, Downey... etc

These are by no means official lines, just what I figure we might see tonight. There really is no room for Kosty (except in a limited role) so moving him to the AHL where he'll get top minutes makes sense.

However, I do wish he'd get a better chance, but perhaps with the Habs fighting for a playoff spot right now, it isn't the best choice. Rather have Begin in there instead.

I don't know, but we'll know within 24 hours who is staying and who is going.

Kosty did look alot better on this call up, he was physical, better skater then i thought, looked good in his own end.

Maybe the roster confusion is all related to the trade deadline and possible deals that come and go. Having Kovalev come back way ahead of "schedule" to play a game just before the deadline. Waiving Aaron Downey. Koivu and Samsonov coming down with a breif case of Craig Rivet's flu and missing practice....... :wacko:

Hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but it does make you wonder...

Begin (broken foot) won't be playing today. He is a maybe for Tuesday if we are lucky.

According to habs-insideout, he is a game time decision. He skated this morning and felt good and might go tonight and that Kosty being sent down was to open a roster spot for both of them.

Downey CAN still play tonight, being on waivers doesn't prevent him from doing so if needed (which we are all hoping isn't the case)

I predict Begin will play, as will Kosty and Sammy will sit with the flu. Koivu will fight through it and play a Michael Jordan style game where he is dominant.

kostitsyn could be back real soon if we can trade a foward. however I think he'd be better off playong 25 mins in hamilton then 1 game out of two in montreal.

from francois gagnon.

Aaron Downey, boudé par toutes les équipes de la LNH à midi alors que son survol au ballottage a été confirmé, n’a pas accompagné le Canadien à Montréal. Il sera envoyé au club-école pour le moment.

translation: downey will go to hamilton, he didn't make the trip to new york !!

I predict Begin will play, as will Kosty and Sammy will sit with the flu. Koivu will fight through it and play a Michael Jordan style game where he is dominant.

I always laugh when guys make all these crazy predictions. You pretty close on this one.