Michael Leighton

mathieu30

Leighton rencontre ses coéquipiers

Le gardien Michael Leighton a finalement rencontré ses coéquipiers du Canadien, vendredi matin, à Buffalo, soit trois jours après avoir été réclamé au ballottage des Flyers de Philadelphie. L'accueil, dit-il, a été chaleureux.

He received a warm welcome

«Je suis quand même heureux de me retrouver ici. C'est la première fois que je fais partie d'une équipe canadienne»

-Michael Leighton

Leighton is happy to be in Montréal. It's the first time he will play for a team in Canada

Il pratique le style papillon comme la majorité des gardiens . J'ai remarqué qu'il est travaillant. Je vais donc l'aider à corriger de petits détails. C'est souvent ce qui fait la différence.»

-Roland Melanson

He's a butterfly goalie. A hard worker. Melanson is going to help him working on details, often these little details make a big difference

I like this guy and I'm looking forward at how he will improve working with Roland Melanson. I watched some tapes of Leighton the last couple of days and one thing I noticed -in my humble opinion- is that there's room for improvement in his skating. He's one lucky guy, being able to work with Mr. Melanson.

:hlogo:

Well sucks to say it but he shouldn't start unpacking his bags yet, I have a feeling he'll be gone way before he even gets a shot to start a game for the Habs.

Could be, but I'm not convinced about that.

We'll have to see how he reacts to working with Mr. Melanson.

Hey, stranger things have happened. Time will tell.

:hlogo:

If Melanson was the guru everyone seems to think he is, the team wouldn't have to pick a Michael Leighton off the waiver wire...

:huh:

If Melanson was the guru everyone seems to think he is, the team wouldn't have to pick a Michael Leighton off the waiver wire...

he's a result of a conjoncture. had huet and danis not been injured, leighton wouldn't be in mtl.

he's a result of a conjoncture. had huet and danis not been injured, leighton wouldn't be in mtl.

...and if Melanson was such a magician, Theodore and Thibault would be the goalies, and both would be All Stars.

...and if Melanson was such a magician, Theodore and Thibault would be the goalies, and both would be All Stars.

Coaches can only do so much, they can't play actual games. If they could, we probably would have seen him by now.

Ex-Spit Leighton keeping the faith

Leighton stayed for six weeks in Nashville while Tomas Vokoun was injured and was waived again earlier this month.

The Ducks and Kings both put in claims for him. But the Flyers, with the worst record in the NHL, got first dibs on him.

Hmm.. that's interesting. The fact that Anaheim tried to reclaim him.

Like I said before, Michael Leighton is a good goalie ;)

Leighton has some potential in him for sure. I managed to see some of the NHL games he played this season and he's a mix of Abby and Huet, plays with his instincts and isn't afraid to move his body around (Abby) and has good positioning (Huet).

I wouldn't be surprised if he became a solid back up goalie in the NHL (above average).

i got to see a lot of this guy when he was playing for the windsor spitfires in junior, he was good back then but not considered a top goalie in the lague, but was always able to suprise and came up big in the games. good movement but a bit unorthadox. looks big in the net, suprisingly quick glove