Who Gets the Bump?

Alkaholiq

With the possible return of Jan Bulis tonight(most likely tuesday vs. Colorado), who will get the bump from the third line to make room for Bulis?

My guess would be Jason Ward, because Begin and Dowd have developped a great chemistry together and Bulis is too good of a player to be on the 4th line. Ward will obviously bump Dackell out of the lineup and complete a trio with Langdon and Juneau for the moment.:/)

Originally posted by Alkaholiq

With the possible return of Jan Bulis tonight(most likely tuesday vs. Colorado), who will get the bump from the third line to make room for Bulis?

My guess would be Jason Ward, because Begin and Dowd have developped a great chemistry together and Bulis is too good of a player to be on the 4th line. Ward will obviously bump Dackell out of the lineup and complete a trio with Langdon and Juneau for the moment.:/)

whats funny is that your 3rd line is in fact the 4th ;p bulis will be back with juneau and dackell in my opinion. We got 2 solid off line, a good def line with juneau, dackell and bulis and a grinding line langdon/ward/dags, begin dowd

depth baby.. depth

Begin Dowd and Ward have taken over the third line....

Even though Perreault is starting to play well, i'd move him off the top line and put Bulis back where he was before he left....

But you could leave Perreault on the top line until he cools off, and use Bulis with Dowd and Begin which would be good as well...

Bubu is going to cause some havoc when he returns:

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik

Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev

Begin-Dowd-Ward

1st and 3rd lines are working very well right now, and 2nd will be working very soon.

Until Perreault stops scoring, Dagenais will be playing 4th line or watching from the press box. Langdon we'll need for the rest of the season until the playoffs. Juneau will probably rest one of the games against NJ, while Sundstrom is still out indefinitely.

Look for a line of Bulis-Juneau-Langdon or Langdon-Bulis-Dackell against Colorado. Bulis will just be returning from injury, so he won't be forced into a major checking role yet.

Also look for Souray to make a return against his former team, the Devils. He won't be worked a lot of minutes, but it will be good to have him back, so Cube and Komo can take turns being the 6th D.

I think Bulis should be playing a more defensive part as he did when he was on a line with Juneau and Dackell. In my mind there he had the most success so far with the HABS ... though he also built a good line with Koivu and Zednik, but I think Perreault is a bit better offensively and he also found his game lately. So I would like to see Bulis playing alongside Bégin and Dowd and Perreault staying with Saks and Zed. :/)

According to the RDS article linked from the main page, Julien has decided on:

Perrault-Koivu-Zednik

Dagenais-Ribiero-Kovalev

Ryder-Dowd-Bulis

Langdon-Begin-Ward

Not meant as a punishment for Ryder, but an attempt to bring more speed to the 3rd line... I worry about Dagenais returning, but like the possibility of 3 scoring lines.

They claim Juneau and Dackell are being "rested" for the playoffs...

[Edited on 2004/3/16 by TruthMonger]