Who Remembers ...

jl.roberts

I saw a mention of Doug Gilmour somewhere and it got me thinking about the Playoffs and how exciting and thrilling they are for us habs fans.

I found this page, and I'm telling you watch the videos because it really is awesome reliving the stuff that our boys did to the Bruins that year. Saku's goal in Game 3, Kilger working his butt off, Killer standing up and giving a speech to the players, Audette and Perreault scoring game winners, Zednik and Petrov driving hard, Souray fighting Mclaren, etc.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup...ens-bruins.html

It really was awesome that year. :clap::hlogo::clap:

Game 3 was so memorable for me because i was away for the first two periods (man that pissed me off) and we were down 3-1 when i returned. As soon as i sat down Audette scored off a faceoff. I believe Gilmour tied it up a 3 and then Koivu contributed the winner.

I can't wait for this year's playoffs!

That year was awesome....The Koivu goal in game three I think was the best moment for me that year!

That series was amazing...

Speaking of the Habs in the PLayoffs, if you want excitement, look at the 93 cup run....I was watching it not too long ago on the NHL network, and it still gave me goosebumps 11 years later...IMO that year with all the OT excitement, that had to be the ultimate playoff year for habs fans...

My favorite memory was when Desjardins capped off his hatrick in game two of the final, everyone went wild!!!

Hopefully we can relive the experience soon!

:ghg:

My best friend is a huge Bruins fan, so it was fun :lol:

Also it was great cause my little cousin who is 4.5 right now, was watching the game with me when we elimanated Boston.....Till this day he tells me that Bosotn is "YUCK" as he hold his nose....But the best is what he says when you ask "whats the Leafs" he tells ya..."The Leafs are.....tongue_smile.gifthumbs_down.gif

He has learned well...:/)

Absolutely awesome memories. I used to live in NJ at that time (back in MON now :can: ) and actually missed a few games cuz of ESPN's crappy coverage (and Barry Melrose :wall: ) but the ones i did see were THE BEST hockey i've ever seen especially by an underdog team. One thing i still remeber is that their PK was awesome and even scored some shorthanded goals (shouldnt have let carbonneau go to dallas).

[Edited on 2004/3/14 by thejackal]

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by jl.roberts

I saw a mention of Doug Gilmour somewhere and it got me thinking...

Gilmour was awesome. At this point I'd switch Kovalev for Killer without hesitation. He brought so many intangible qualities to the Habs - the intensity, leadership, intelligence and determination that the Habs now need to find within themselves if they're going to win this series. One thing the Habs showed me last night is they're not going to roll over and die. They dominated - really dominated - at points of that game. The Habs CAN do it.

:ghg:

Mmmm... Memories.

I think we all remember since playoffs are rare to Canadien fans.

This year Boston is a better team. But so are we. But they might win this time.

But if Montreal can stand the pressure in the next two games it's wide open.

I don't like to spell it but, GO HABS GO!

Eller som det skulle låta på svenska: GÅ HABS GÅ