Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Thrashers d'Atlanta | 03/08/07

Spider-Man NL

Wow, I really admire all the true believers who still keep hoping that the habs will make the playoffs. I told a friend a few days ago that the most likely scenario is a total melt-down, them going 3-10 or something. I gave up on these clowns sometime in February.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another sad display...considering we play a defensive style game. We're not even good at that! :puke:

Guess I switch over and watch the curling............

5 on 3

That's how we'll win, riding Mark Streit like the Messier-esque thoroughbred he is :lol:

All kidding aside...he has been great. A cheap top four blueliner.

5 on 3

All kidding aside...he has been great. A cheap top four blueliner.

I agree, but I've got a bee in my bonnet about how Carbo has gotten the most out of a cipher like Streit and nowhere NEAR the most out of the Kovalevs, Samsonovs, Ryders, Koivus, Perezhogins, etc., of the world. All props to Mark Streit but if he's chewing up major minutes on your team, then your team just sucks. Alas.

Why is Lats on the PP?

'cause carbonneau put him out there

GO :hlogo: GO!

Painful to watch! First goal was a bad one and then confidence is shot. Brutal turnover by Sammy. Horrid power play. Not much to be positive about, except the Habs outshot Atlanta. Where is HUET when we need him.

Painful to watch! First goal was a bad one and then confidence is shot. Brutal turnover by Sammy. Horrid power play. Not much to be positive about, except the Habs outshot Atlanta. Where is HUET when we need him.

hmmm.......... would you be associated with aebischer4life?

hmmm.......... would you be associated with aebischer4life?

yeah him he's Huet4life... Sometimes I can't beleive how funny I am...

Anyways Demers is saying that the Veterans are doing mistakes that they shouldn't be doing and that the rookies are playing better then them.

Cause i speak the truth??

nope... i was just waiting for the 'game's over' comment...

I'm hoping the Habs can still comeback. I've seen most of the games this year. Early in the season i would have a much better feeling about a comeback, but lately they aren't playing well and can't seem to catch a break.

True, this team has played 60 minutes maybe five times all season. So by that logic, there IS reason to hope that they evaculated their bowels early and the next 40 minutes will be at least decent.

But don't bet the rent on it. :angry:

I still have great faith in Bob but his failure to deal Souray for something solid last week was a weak move. He couldn't honestly have believed that this team was making the playoffs.... Habs could have gotten a great return for Souray and this was his worst (non) move as Habs GM.

Some sloppy play so far. We've gotta play more openly - but every time we try here seems to be a lack of chemistry. If this is he type of hockey we're going to play then we have no need for guys like Kovalev, Samsonov, Markov, Kostitsyn, Koivu, Perezhogin, Plekanec or Streit. We've got a lotof skilled guys yet w don't play using a system to ou advantage. :huh:

nice effort by higgins on that rush... and nice stop by halak on the thrashers rush

True, this team has played 60 minutes maybe five times all season. So by that logic, there IS reason to hope that they evaculated their bowels early and the next 40 minutes will be at least decent.

But don't bet the rent on it. :angry:

The alternative is sitting through 40 minutes for hockey for absolutely no reason since it is a given that we are going to lose?