Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Thrashers d'Atlanta | 03/08/07

Spider-Man NL

I still have great faith in Bob but his failure to deal Souray for something solid last week was a weak move. He couldn't honestly have believed that this team was making the playoffs.... Habs could have gotten a great return for Souray and this was his worst (non) move as Habs GM.

I totally agree, UNLESS we sign Souray. Which, if the LA rumours are right, is unlikely.

To lose this guy for nothing, in the name of a last-ditch playoff push with a team that has obviously been a disaster since December - that will go down as possibly Gainey's worst move as GM. IF, again, Souray walks.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 sign of a slump - Every mistake turns into a goal against.

#1 sign of a slump - Every mistake turns into a goal against.

and again. 4-0

good grief... is halak a shirt on a clothesline or what?

GO :hlogo: GO!

:clap:

the more we play, the better are our chances to get a top 10 draft pick.

simply pathetic.

Got home from the gym...had the TV on for about 30 seconds. Two Atlanta goals...4-0

Say goodnight, Gracie...

hey, isn't this the guy that right after he "left" in the Buffalo game we started to make a great comback?

*prays to God*

Blow up this team AND coaching staff........................ :rolleyes: If we're going to keep playing this style (and lose) at least change the focus/direction (and staff ) to purely an offensive team; at least it'll be a little more entertaining to watch........and we still might lose but we'll score a few as well

:angry: This team has given up....or it sure as hell looks that way. Bring up some rookie to give them a taste for next year. Man am I getting tired of always saying "next year" :puke:

I'm out, guys. Sorry for being a fair weather fan, but the forecast is too foul for me to continue. I had mentally packed it in 3 weeks ago, and now I'm physically done, too.

Can't listen to/watch any more of this rubbish this season. There's a lot of work to do this off-season.

Good night.

They're OBVIOUSLY better than they're showing, or have showed since January...

The problem is psychological and maybe, as many have suggested, Carbo's system. But with the single exception of that Toronto game, I've seen NOTHING from this team - NOTHING - in the last four months that indicates that they even WANT to make the playoffs or truly believe that they can.

These players don't want to be on the ice. They want to go home and golf, because they don't believe in themselves or each other.

5 - 0 ....Wow.....I think it's time to give Carbo the hook, not Halak.

The team is playing like absolute ass, look at them watch the THrashers work, 2 Dmen stare at a thrasher go in take a rebound and score. Wonderful D.

Carbo's plan for the rest of teh game: tighten up the D....HELLO, OPEN IT UP AND TRY AND SCORE A FRIGGIN GOAL.

i'm listening to yvon 'the voice of god' pedneault describe halak's play...

he was at fault for the 3rd goal... he should have stopped that... it wasn't a hard shot...

he went out of his crease so he wasn't able to get back for the relay and shot...

this is the same guy who will criticize a goalie for staying too far in his crease and not 'challenging' the shooter...

he's a despicable colour commentator.... and anal orifice...

the kid's left alone out there and still he's criticized...

GO :hlogo: GO!

only bright spot for me is that i have Hossa and Kozlov in the pool.

I have to believe that something is wrong in the room. This is one of the worst collapses I have ever seen. This is not a .300 hockey team. And after all the talk this week they lay an egg in a must win game?

I imagine the truth will come out in the offseason.

After Abby dropped the ball, it is way to much to expect Halak to be able to take us to the playoffs. I will not give up hope until they are mathematically eliminated. But it does not look good!

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

I hope carbonneau and muller are in game shape cause they're playing on saturday

Edited by marky_and_komi