Samsonov regrets signing with Habs

mathieu30

Bye bye Samso , hello Kosty :clap:

It would be hilarious if the Habs dumped him on waivers again and no one took him. Just ask a 8th round pick for him and be done with it... hes a poison for the locker room.

Are you saying 8th rounder because you know the draft is only 7 rounds now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was surprised nobody signed Allison, but apparently he was looking for upwards of 3 million a season even during the regular season, past training camp.

This would be according to Satellite Hotstove

Allison couldn't skate faster than a turtle even if his life depended on it.

Yeah, but nearly a point per game means that some team somewhere would take a chance on him. Or so I thought, lol

maybe he's just a guy with a bad attitude !!

You know, I regret Samsonov signing with the Habs too, particularly because of the way Kostitsyn has been playing in his last few games. For a guy who is supposed to be a shooter, he is showing off his playmaking skills. Last night's performance of his with three assists, especially on that beautiful set up on the last goal, was impressive. I'm seeing more confidence in his play lately, and if benching Samsonov for the rest of the season gives Kostitsyn the chance to play regularly, then so be it.

I was especially surprised to hear Chris Higgins comments a couple days ago, about how he thought Kostitsyn and Ryder were the Habs two best shooters! For a rookie who has not played that much with the Habs, that's a very big statement to make.

As for the waiver issue, I don't think that will happen. What Gainey may consider doing is buying out Samsonov's contract. I believe he can do this a few days before the start of the UFA session, which should be July 1st this year. The NHL CBA has a clause that will allow a 2/3 buyout of a player's salary, but it appears that the 2/3's of Samsonov's salary would count against the Habs' cap for 2007-08. If the cap goes up the projected amount of between $3-4M, then it may be a worthwhile move.

Bye bye Samso , hello Kosty :clap:

It would be hilarious if the Habs dumped him on waivers again and no one took him. Just ask a 8th round pick for him and be done with it... hes a poison for the locker room.

Edited by habscout

Gainey will do his best to off load the salary for Sammy; I'm sure someone will have space in the cap next season to take a chance on Sammy, he can fly and has the skill, he needs a different system and a change of chemistry to bring his game back.

Plus everyone here better start speaking nicely about Sammy or else no one will take him off our hands... :( I'm certain that may of the NHL GM's read up on this forum daily because of the brilliant posts.

I certainly was a sammy supporter but the team and the habs come first. GO HABS GO!

sorry Sammy GOOD BYE!

Edited by Chips

Are you saying 8th rounder because you know the draft is only 7 rounds now.

Oops :blush:

Oops :blush:

but even if yuo meant a 7th rounder - wh ywould someone pay something when they could have had him for nothing? Like someone else suggeste, we may have to make a Mogilny-type deal where we trade Samsonov + 4th for a 5th.

Plus everyone here better start speaking nicely about Sammy or else no one will take him off our hands... :( I'm certain that may of the NHL GM's read up on this forum daily because of the brilliant posts.

I'm pretty certain that most of the posters are actually other GM's. Surely no one else could have the inside info many posters display here daily.

Edited by Peter Puck

I'm pretty certain that most of the posters are actually other GM's. Surely no one else could have the inside info many posters display here daily.

Well, Stream turned out to actually be Kirk Muller, so ya never know!

send Sammy to Hamilton leave him there.PERIOD no cap hit no losing draft choices let the whiny little bastich learn about work and riding buses. If he wants to be released give it to him as long as he waives his salary for next year. He needs to learn that the team is a lot bigger than him. Thank God Kosty is beginning to show some real offence.

Sammy's attitude is da reason why he wont play another game this season.

My money is on da habs buying him out at season's end.

ADIOS!! GOODBYE!!

Wouldn't it be cheaper and a smaller cap hit to put him on recall waivers and hope some team takes him at half price?

Wouldn't it be cheaper and a smaller cap hit to put him on recall waivers and hope some team takes him at half price?

Yeah it would be but thats a bad risk in my opinion. This summer I am sure he can be traded one of the teams that misses out on the UFA market wil take a flyer on him.

send Sammy to Hamilton leave him there.PERIOD no cap hit no losing draft choices let the whiny little bastich learn about work and riding buses. If he wants to be released give it to him as long as he waives his salary for next year. He needs to learn that the team is a lot bigger than him. Thank God Kosty is beginning to show some real offence.

If we send Sammy to the AHL, does his salary still count against our cap? If not, why isn't THAT the best option. I mean, if no other team wants him, why keep him (or even buy out his salary) if there is a way to get rid of him for free???

If we send Sammy to the AHL, does his salary still count against our cap? If not, why isn't THAT the best option. I mean, if no other team wants him, why keep him (or even buy out his salary) if there is a way to get rid of him for free???

...well, "free" is relative. gillete is out 3.5 million bucks for zero return.

...well, "free" is relative. gillete is out 3.5 million bucks for zero return.

Yer right but my bet would be tha he will refuse to go, prob re sign in russia, which would void his contract and save us all a load od headaches. BYE BYE SAMMY MR BOYO. :clap:

Ya, true, but if they buy him out, he is still out 3.5 and then we can't use the cap space. At least this way, we still pay the tab for his last year (and keep him on the trading block while with hamilton), but it doesn't count against the cap. Assuming my information is correct.