When did we last blow someone out

Peter Puck

I have seen all the habs's games for a large number of years now. What I've noticed especially this year is that I never seem to have a confident feeling. So I been wondering when was the last time we had a laugher (from our point of view). In the last month we've got up 3-0 a couple of times but we ended up making it close.

I have an idea in my mind of the last blow out we had but maybe I've forgotten a game. So my question is when did we last obliterate the opposition. And: Why can't we win big even occasionally.

The last time we obliterated someone was Pittsburgh as far as I can remember. The 9-1 game where Souray set a couple of records with a goal and 4 assists.

The last time I remember us having a real easy win was against San Jose last season in one of Gainey's first couple of games behind the bench. I believe we may have won 6-2 (it was 5-1 after 2, Markov with 4 assists in the 2nd period). It wasn't quite a blowout but we don't usually play games like that where we can breathe easily the whole way through knowing we were going to win.

Last 2 goal win was 5-3 vs.Wash on Feb 20

Last 3 goal win was 4-1 vs. Tor on Jan 27

Only 4 goal win was 4-0 vs. Car Nov 2

Since January 4, the Habs are 1-10 in games decided by 3+.

Bad Karma.

Last 2 goal win was 5-3 vs.Wash on Feb 20

Last 3 goal win was 4-1 vs. Tor on Jan 27

Only 4 goal win was 4-0 vs. Car Nov 2

Since January 4, the Habs are 1-10 in games decided by 3+.

Bad Karma.

I don't remember the last time I stopped watching a game because I knew it was in hand. Maybe the win against Pittsburgh in December at home. Did the Habs beat the Leafs 4-1 this year?

I look at it this way................

If you win/lose by 1 goal = close game.

If you win/lose by 2 goals, maybe an empty-netter. Still close.

If you win/lose by 3+ goals, you were likely the far better/worse team.

An average team like Montreal should be .500 in these games, but 1-10 since Jan. 4 ?

BTW, 8-13 overall for the season in +3 games.

Habs beat the Canes 6-1 Game 1 of the playoffs last year.

I was only looking at this year's stats. Last year's results were just a bad memory. :angry:

I don't remember the last time I stopped watching a game because I knew it was in hand. Maybe the win against Pittsburgh in December at home. Did the Habs beat the Leafs 4-1 this year?

With much regret, the Habs have 3 one goal wins vs. the Blue Team. and 5-1 and 4-1 losses and a shootout loss.

Habs beat the Canes 6-1 Game 1 of the playoffs last year.

Thanks JMMR, - I'd forgotten about that. 6-1 is a blowout. I was thinking of the game BTH mentioned when we won 6-2 right after Gainey took over as coach. I don't consider the 4-0 game over Carolina a real blow out (definitely not a laugher) since we scored the last 2 goals in the final 7 minutes.

Thanks JMMR, - I'd forgotten about that. 6-1 is a blowout. I was thinking of the game BTH mentioned when we won 6-2 right after Gainey took over as coach. I don't consider the 4-0 game over Carolina a real blow out (definitely not a laugher) since we scored the last 2 goals in the final 7 minutes.

Habs played really well that game though Carolina had very few scoring chances.