Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens | 03/17/07

Spider-Man NL

HALAK IT LIKE THAT!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how many points has KSr gotten since his last call-up?

this was his 1st goal but how many assists does he have too?

GO :hlogo: GO!

Leafs and Habs tied at 78 pts, Habs have more wins, so they should move up to 9th spot.

so far as i understand, the leafs stay ahead of the canadiens due to the fact that they've played one game less

Wow. Habs win 3-2 in shootout.

This is the best regular season game I've seen in quite a while. Tight as hell all game long.

I said before the game the Habs needed a big game from Halak and it was even better than that. He owned his nickname tonight and was trully the difference maker.

Whatever Carbo & Co. told Kostitsyn when they sent him back earlier this season; it worked. I know fans were impatient to see Kosty prove the hype and he did so tonight. His first goal was a natural goal, just a reflex thing. His SO goal was huge as well, and he completely deked Raycroft out of his short.

Koivu was huge tonight as well. His SO goal basically saved the Habs season.

A great overall effort and a big big point won in SO is definitely something to build on for the last stretch.

My new superstitition.. I don't post until after we win...

GREAT game. We fell back on our heels, mid-game, but solid goaltending from Halak kept us in it. We shoulda had 2-3 goals in the first, so I'm overall happy with our effort tonight. NO ONE took a shift off, and the new line combos seem to be working.

I hope Kostitsyn is here to stay. And how about our Captain? Clutch SO goal...

Wow that was intense I almost started crying when Halak stopped Tucker. Seriously I was so nervous for tonights game I have not eaten all day long. Now that they one I will enjoy some pizza!!!

Very good game by Kostitsyn...

But I just wonder why Carbo would put Kovalev? The guy might just colapsse during shoot out... He has vertigo, why put him? Why not put Lats, he had a shoot out chance, but did pretty bad, but he did a good shot during his first penalty shot goal... Or why put even Plec? He's not the great in shoot out, and the goalies are gonna soon know his trick that he's gonna shoot on the left side of the net, just by the way he takes the pucks and leaves...

My new superstitition.. I don't post until after we win...

GREAT game. We fell back on our heels, mid-game, but solid goaltending from Halak kept us in it. We shoulda had 2-3 goals in the first, so I'm overall happy with our effort tonight. NO ONE took a shift off, and the new line combos seem to be working.

I hope Kostitsyn is here to stay. And how about our Captain? Clutch SO goal...

it'll take you about 31 years to make 10,000 posts that way ;);):P:P;);)

so far as i understand, the leafs stay ahead of the canadiens due to the fact that they've played one game less

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to the GP column, just the win column. Good news is that Habs will have two more wins than both TOR and NYI.

Very good game by Kostitsyn...

But I just wonder why Carbo would put Kovalev? The guy might just colapsse during shoot out... He has vertigo, why put him? Why not put Lats, he had a shoot out chance, but did pretty bad, but he did a good shot during his first penalty shot goal... Or why put even Plec? He's not the great in shoot out, and the goalies are gonna soon know his trick that he's gonna shoot on the left side of the net, just by the way he takes the pucks and leaves...

My guess would be because Kovalev is the best Canadiens player in the shootout and he strikes fear in the opposing goalies. The choices tonight were perfect if you ask me.

Panthers score 2 empty netters 8-5.

Edited by JMMR

it'll take you about 31 years to make 10,000 posts that way ;);):P:P;);)

It's the price I'll pay for our boys...

Plus, there's other threads than game-threads :D

My guess would be because Kovalev is the best Canadiens player in the shootout and he strikes fear in the opposing goalies. The choices tonight were perfect if you ask me.

Panthers score 2 empty netters 8-5.

Plec got only 2 shoot out chances and the only goal he did he interfered with the goalie in my opinion.

It's the price I'll pay for our boys...

Plus, there's other threads than game-threads :D

as long as it doesn't lead to kenny's demise too... that would be too high a price... poor child

Plec got only 2 shoot out chances and the only goal he did he interfered with the goalie in my opinion.

You are correct but he also scored on a penalty shot this year.