The Samsonov Mega Thread

CBHabs_fan

I was discussing this with some people this year and there was some difference in opinion. In reference to the regular season only and regardless of what you "hope". do you guys think we'll see him lace up for the Habs this year?

Personally, I have a feeling the answer is "yes". I think at some point we'll be looking for a little spark, maybe some fresh legs. Also, we may hope to showcase him "just a little" with those fresh legs before the offseason..

Thoughts?

Edited by simonus

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he doesn't play against Boston this week, consider his season over. He might have crossed the line with his comments last week...

I agree but it might take until thursday. It's obvious to me that Sammy has to impress in practice to get to play. That's not easy considering recent media events. Carbo's probably not going to mess with a good thing (lineup) until they go on the road. This is likely the scenario regardless of whether or not Sammy should suit up agianst the B's.

Yeah with two games against the Bruins he may get a chance to get back in. I figure if he has not been sent home for the year and is still coming to practice and travelling with the team Carbonneau still may have plans for him.

I think the only chance he'll get to play is if there's too many injuries on forward and they have to play him. Or if we get COMPLETELY blown out by another team... but I don't think it's likely he'll play. I think Carbo will only play him if he has to.

Of course he will... he'll likely play in at least one of the home & home games vs Boston.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Only considering those who can play forward, I think the following players are more likely to play than Samsonov (including the obvious)

1 Koivu

2 Kovalev

3 Bonk

4 Higgins

5 Johnson

6 Kostityin

7 Perezhogin

8 Streit

9 Plekanec

10 Latendresse

11 Ryder

12 Bégin

13 Lapierre

14 Dandenault

15 Murray

16 Downey

17 Milroy

18 Grabvorsky

Thats a lot of guys to pass :lol:

Only considering those who can play forward, I think the following players are more likely to play than Samsonov (including the obvious)

16 Downey

Thats a lot of guys to pass :lol:

Downey is gone. But you make a good point on the depth. :hlogo:

I wonder who has the goalie mask from the St. Louis game now. I bet Kosty does. :clap:

Note: Is Downey only loaned to the Bruins or is he theirs?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Downey is gone. But you make a good point on the depth. :hlogo:

I wonder who has the goalie mask from the St. Louis game now. I bet Kosty does. :clap:

Note: Is Downey only loaned to the Bruins or is he theirs?

loaned for sauve

t will take a few key injuries for samsonov to play another game for montreal this year. he didn't play when kovalev was sick and now that he is back, I really don't see why he should play.

the guy should've shut up when he had the occasion to.

I don't know if he will, but that pisses me off. It was the team's own fault for throwing 3.5 million on this guy, if Sammy got paid 1 mill people wouldn't ever bitch about him.

He isn't producing, but I still think with his backchecking and hustle and passing skills, this team is not being hindered with him on the ice. Carbonneau just expected too much out of him I think, and I did too, however I still hope he will get another chance to prove us all wrong, it is a pleasure to watch him play.

On one hand, we brought Samsanov in through free agency, he'll probably be traded in the offseason, so we gave up nothing but money and will get some kind of asset in return.

On the other hand, what kind of publicity did Samsanov bring to the attention of potential free agents this summer with his bitching? My guess: bad publicity. So what was the tradeoff; an eventual asset (of undetermined value) for bad atmosphere for free agents in Montreal. Not the greatest deal, by any stretch of the imagination.

On one hand, we brought Samsanov in through free agency, he'll probably be traded in the offseason, so we gave up nothing but money and will get some kind of asset in return.

On the other hand, what kind of publicity did Samsanov bring to the attention of potential free agents this summer with his bitching? My guess: bad publicity. So what was the tradeoff; an eventual asset (of undetermined value) for bad atmosphere for free agents in Montreal. Not the greatest deal, by any stretch of the imagination.

I fear that this really will be Sammy's contribution to the team... the bad publicity. I don't think he did it all by himself, since Carbo set him up to fail, but I still can't stand him for speaking up last week when he should have just kept his mouth closed...

I don't think Samsonov will play another game for us. Carbonneau has run out of patience with him and even if he starts tearing it up all of a sudden, it still wouldn't heal the wounds between them.

So it is pretty obvious that this guy is done in Montreal. I won't go as far as saying he has no talent, but he definitely doesn't fit in on this team. Something needs to be done with him this summer.

Worst Case: They keep him on for next year and he continues to produce the same numbers. This would mean the Habs would be out 3.5 million towards the cap and some young player (AK46) would be bumped from the lineup.

Next worst case: They buy out his contract. We now have 2.3 million against the cap (2/3 of his salary) but we get to play a young guy.

What is the best case scenario here? What can/should BG do in this situation? Go nuts armchair GMs.

P.S. I would like to go on record as saying that wherever Sammy ends up (in the NHL) next season, he will light up the Habs at every opportunity.