Huet to start full practice Tomorrow

JMMR

would you want him to play one and halak the other? I'd be afraid of pushing him into playing BOTH back to back games so soon after an injury.

Yeah I think that would be the best course of action if he were ready.

Hopefully we win our next 3 games (Boston, Washington, NYR) and at that point we can afford to start him against one of the powerhouse clubs (Ottawa/Buffalo). I figure we can only afford to lose 2 games in regulation the rest of the way, going 6-2 or maybe 5-2-1 depending on who the wins and losses are against. I figure to realistically do this we need a split of that weekend. Maybe start Huet in the second game. We can't easily risk using a rusty goalie.

If halak is playing well i would not try and put huet in the net, remember halak will not be warn down because he hasnt played a lot of game this year so far, he's had time to rest and he's young. If we somehow guarentee us a playoff spot before then, through huet in. If we fall out of the race, again theres no reason to have huet in net. I say send huet down to the minors on conditioning actually just to test him

If halak is playing well i would not try and put huet in the net, remember halak will not be warn down because he hasnt played a lot of game this year so far, he's had time to rest and he's young. If we somehow guarentee us a playoff spot before then, through huet in. If we fall out of the race, again theres no reason to have huet in net. I say send huet down to the minors on conditioning actually just to test him

Huet CAN NOT BE SENT TO THE MINORS FOR CONDITONING - as per the new CBA.

Hopefully Halak is now the real deal and the habs can keep riding him to wins, cuz Huet is coming off a hamstring injury and that is something that needs to be given proper time to heal.

Like saskhab said, another 10 days for those back to back games against sens/sabres would be best.

If Halak keeps playing like this then it will be tough to risk using Huet. Hopefully he is ready for one of the back-to-back games.

I hope they don't risk him and try to rush him if things get worse playoff wise?

i'm sure that they won't both because it would be foolish to do so for huet's health and also halak is doing ok at the moment...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I think if all goes well tuesday against NYR, Halak will play vs Ottawa and a rested Huet will play vs Buffalo at home on saturday night.

I think Halak should play against Ottawa because they know nothing about him! Huet seems to be pretty good vs buffalo, it should be interesting to see how things unfold :hlogo:

I think if all goes well tuesday against NYR, Halak will play vs Ottawa and a rested Huet will play vs Buffalo at home on saturday night.

Ya, I think that would be a safe assumption. It's a tough decision though. You have to play your hot goalie.

That is Halak right now.

Habs will ride halak for sure as long as he's hot -- why rush huet after his surgery? i'd say play halak the first of the back-to-back games and if he wins then the next day evaluate whether he's tired or not -- if not let him start again, why not?

Habs will ride halak for sure as long as he's hot -- why rush huet after his surgery? i'd say play halak the first of the back-to-back games and if he wins then the next day evaluate whether he's tired or not -- if not let him start again, why not?

Also a good point should he play well and feel good enough to play Saturday then he may get the start.