63. Lapierre

70 Locke  

72. Urquhart

76 Shea Weber

77. Nurmi

78. Picard

84. J.M. Bolduc

95. Jacques

I wouldn't mind taking Phaneuf... and then trading for a second 1st rounder and grabbing Bernier.

Also, Brown was ranked #2 behind Staal in the CSS N-A rankings... now he's 12th here, didn't think he'd go so low... hell he's within our grasp according to THN.

Go figure.

[Edited on 27-5-03 by Habs77]

I dearly hope we won't take him before a better player just because he's from Quebec...God I'm sick of all that crap...We're doing it with the coaches let's not do it with the players. If there are two players available that are of equal skill, go with the French kid, but man I hope we don't get too tempted...

:eyes:

First off I don't know what you're complaining about since AS's 1st rounders so far have been Komisarek, Perezhogin, Higgins. I don't see a kid from Quebec in that group... do you?

Kids from the LHJMQ are actually penalysed because the league is widely disrespected... so a guy like Bernier might even be ranked lower than he derserves to be.

If the Habs recognize that and feel he's the best available player despite what the official rankings... then so be it.

My liking Bernier (well as much as you can like a guy you've never actually seen play) has nothing to do with where he's from... but more his size and reported grit, combined with skill of course.

He just might be the power forward we could really use on this team.. but like I said I wouldn't waste a 10th pick on him if he isn't worth it. Like I said I favor aquiring another mid-1st round pick and take him later in the 1st round, if that is where he deserves to be picked.

I simply favor aquiring a kid with a combination of size/grit/skill... whoever fits the bill I'll be happy with.

But if the rumor is true and the Habs are focusing on the center position... well Bernier isn't a center so that'll be that.

You didn't quite get my message, but that's ok...

I didn't mean Savard has chosen Quebec players in the 1st round just because they were from Quebec: I mean I'm sick of people getting excited about players from the Q just because they are from the Q.

Originally posted by Markov79

You didn't quite get my message, but that's ok...

I didn't mean Savard has chosen Quebec players in the 1st round just because they were from Quebec: I mean I'm sick of people getting excited about players from the Q just because they are from the Q.

Well in terms of fans getting attached to local guys, I'd say that's normal... nothing wrong with that.

Especially since most of us are saying who we should pick without ever having seen any of these kids play... it's not as if any of our opinions are really all that well thought out to begin with.

And since all the main media always overly dump on the Quebec prospects... why not have some Habs fans show them some support.

So I don't mind it, even if I understand where you're coming from.

Do you think Savard has any chance of getting another 1st rounder?

I want to get Nilsson.

He's dropped pretty far, but he'd be worth it.

Only problem is, a Swede and Saku on the same team? Could it work out?

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

Only problem is, a Swede and Saku on the same team?  Could it work out?

He plays on the same team as Sundstrom doesnt he? ... unless you were joking :D

I would love Parise at #10. He's the total package except for size. In what little I've seen of him, though, he is not afraid of rough play or the corners. He's responsible defensively (though not great) and has true superstar potential. I see him at worst as a quality second line player-at best he could be a Joe Sackic clone.

Bernier would be a nice consolation prize but I think he lacks Parise's pure offensive talent and potential upside.