2007 HW Summer league

sakiqc

League ID: 277775

League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/277775

Password: habsworld

Draft: Saturday April 7

Everyone from HW forums are invited to join

League settings can be edited. Feel free to comment on the scoring system

no thanks... i don't really know how to deal with a fantasy league thing and, really, it doesn't interest me...

if there was a straight pool thing, i'd do it though...

GO :hlogo: GO!

If you are interested, these are the setting used the year I ran the HW baseball league:

Roster Positions: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL

Stat Categories: GP, R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SH, SF, SB, CS, BB, K, GIDP, E, GS, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, H, ER, BB, HBP, K, WP, BLK, SVOP

Stat Modifiers: GP (0), R (1), H (1), 2B (1), 3B (2), HR (3), RBI (1), SH (1), SF (1), SB (1), CS (-1), BB (1), K (-1), GIDP (-1), E (-1), GS (0), IP (3), W (10), L (-5), CG (5), SHO (10), SV (15), H (-1), ER (-1), BB (-1), HBP (-1), K (1), WP (-1), BLK (-1), SVOP (-5)

If you are interested, these are the setting used the year I ran the HW baseball league:

Roster Positions: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL

Stat Categories: GP, R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SH, SF, SB, CS, BB, K, GIDP, E, GS, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, H, ER, BB, HBP, K, WP, BLK, SVOP

Stat Modifiers: GP (0), R (1), H (1), 2B (1), 3B (2), HR (3), RBI (1), SH (1), SF (1), SB (1), CS (-1), BB (1), K (-1), GIDP (-1), E (-1), GS (0), IP (3), W (10), L (-5), CG (5), SHO (10), SV (15), H (-1), ER (-1), BB (-1), HBP (-1), K (1), WP (-1), BLK (-1), SVOP (-5)

uh..... ?????? :?- :?- :?- :?- i don't understand...

likely that's the reason i don't do these things...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Off-topic, but who wants to get together to watch an Expos game?

:unsure:

Oh.

*Raises Hand*

---------------------

Honestly, I'd do worse at this than the basketball tourny thing that's happening right now... lol.

Well Matt, I've signed up. Next to fantasy football, baseball is my favourite. After my terrible showing in the HW football league I need to redeem myself through a solid baseball season.

I like fanpuck's settings because it makes for a challenging league, but if we're looking to bring in inexperienced players then we might be better off with a simplified settings structure.

Well Matt, I've signed up. Next to fantasy football, baseball is my favourite. After my terrible showing in the HW football league I need to redeem myself through a solid baseball season.

I like fanpuck's settings because it makes for a challenging league, but if we're looking to bring in inexperienced players then we might be better off with a simplified settings structure.

Sure, we can use the scoring system above.

Fanpuck are you joining?

Fanpuck are you joining?

I learned the year that I ran the HW baseball league that doing two baseball leagues was not for me. I realize I finished 2nd in both leagues that year, but I absolutely hated having to root for two different sets of people. Plus I can't stop myself from trying to draft the same team twice. For some reason, it doesn't bother me as much in football. Probably because I spend a lot more effort on baseball than I do on football.

Plus I wouldn't be around for the draft and don't have the time to put together a pre-rank list.

P.S. Did you get the message I sent you on YIM?

I edited the stats and draft time to 9am on saturday. Is it alright with everyone? I'm going back home for Easter break, so I'm not going to spend the saturday afternoon on fantasy baseball lol

I also handed the commish access to Q60 who's been the commish of past HW pools if I recall.

I look forward to the pool. I don't know much about baseball. I just want to know who's who and have something else I can talk about when I meet people here in the US. Sports is often a good icebreaker. (*sight*i should find an icebreaker for girls*sight*.. kidding lol)

I learned the year that I ran the HW baseball league that doing two baseball leagues was not for me. I realize I finished 2nd in both leagues that year, but I absolutely hated having to root for two different sets of people. Plus I can't stop myself from trying to draft the same team twice. For some reason, it doesn't bother me as much in football. Probably because I spend a lot more effort on baseball than I do on football.

Plus I wouldn't be around for the draft and don't have the time to put together a pre-rank list.

And we all know who won the league that year...or at least those who were in the league know...or at least those that stuck it out to the finish...you get the point.

I'd join, but I wouldn't have the time to dedicate, particularly since I'm working 45-50 hour weeks with regularity...including the day and time the draft is.

League is looking a little weak. I also don't know if Ill be able to make the draft, Im only home for a couple of days and need to find a job for when school is out...

Unless we get more people im kind of wondering if we should go through with this thing...

4 teams doesnt seem like too much fun.

yah i was just going to post something about this.... I would really love for there to be a baseball league this year but with 4 teams there doesn't seem to be much of a point. Sign up people!

yah i was just going to post something about this.... I would really love for there to be a baseball league this year but with 4 teams there doesn't seem to be much of a point. Sign up people!

The year I ran it, I ended up opening the league and filling it with random stiffs.

The year I ran it, I ended up opening the league and filling it with random stiffs.

Im already in a league so i dont know how much dedication i would give a secondary league with random stiffs filling out the roster of managers.

If the other two people in the league (sak and PTG i think) could weigh in on this and let me know what they think that would be cool.

Ill go through with 4 teams but again, i dont know how much dedication I will be able to show the league in this scenario...