Where is Alexander Perezhogin?

Strummerman

Carbo says Perezhogin probably won't play tonight but it would be nice to have him back in one or both of the final two games.

The way Dandy is playing tonight, if Perogie was ready for next game, I'd bench Dandy, play Streit in his spot on D and give Perogie the spot Streit's playing with Koivu and Ryder's line.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i look forward to seeing perezhogin coming in with the other kids and growing with them...

i know that this has been poo-poohed but at hockeysfuture.com, he's rated an 8.5B which means that he's potentially a VERY STRONG 1st liner...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I say give the kid a chance on the first line and play streight instead on Niinni, but I ain't the coach :D

Really? Put me on a line with Crosby and put an 'ov' at the end of MY name, dammit! I'm parkin' on the goalie's doorstep!

Colinov, eh?

Where is he indeed....................................LET HIM OUT OF YOUR BASEMENT!!!! :angry:

:rolleyes:

That is what I am hoping for Streit with Souray was a pretty good paring for a few games.

As for the defender to scracth any of Bouillon, Dandenault or Niinimaa would be fine with me. Dandeanault would be my first choice but with his 3 cup rings I doubt he will ifnd his way out of the line -up.

I agree with you cfposi - I like l'il Streit, but I don't think he's a good fit on the 1st like with Koivu. Put Perezhogin in there (when he's ready) and put Streit back on defense and scratch Niinima (I'd rather see Dandenault scratched personally).

Also, I'd like to see Ryder and Higgins switched up. I don't see much chemistry between Ryder and Koivu... put Higgins back with Koivu and put Ryder with Plekanec and Kosty. Doing that also "spreads out" the defensive liabilities a bit (separate those big ugly minuses that Koivu and Ryder both have... both those guys on the same line are a nightmare in the defensive end). Higgins gives the Koivu line a bit more defensive awareness plus more speed and jump.

I know it means breaking up the successful Higgins-Plekanec-Kosty line, but I'd like to see it tried anyway.

Break up the Higgins Plekanec Kostitsyn line would upset me they are a threat to score on so many shifts. As for the Koivu line if Perezhogin took Streit's spot he would improve the defensive play of the line he is afterall the teams best +/- player.

Break up the Higgins Plekanec Kostitsyn line would upset me they are a threat to score on so many shifts. As for the Koivu line if Perezhogin took Streit's spot he would improve the defensive play of the line he is afterall the teams best +/- player.

Agreed, if it ain't broken...

Whether or not Perezhogin now plays depends on practice too. He might show a little rust and Carbo may decide not play him. It may have nothing to do with the reward/failure system.

It's going to be difficult for Carbo to scratch their Masterton nominee so I say forget that possibility.

Poor Perezhogin might be the victim of the numbers game which Kosty was earlier this year.

I trust in Carbo. Just as long as he doesn't push too much. The Koivu "benching" thing has me concerned.

Well it looks like Streit will stay at forward for now.

Alex Kovalev, Andrei Markov, and Andrei Kostitsyn were all absent from practice. All three are expected to suit up tomorrow against the Rangers. Alexander Perezhogin skated with the team but won't be in the line-up. Cristobal Huet's papers have finally gone through with the league and he'll dress as Halak's back-up in New York. - TSN

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

It is on the RDS site i don't want to spoil JMMR news so i will let him make his link if he want to.

They don't say if he will play the Koivu-Ryder line although.

All they say is that he will play allowing Streit to play defense and bench Ninimaa. Ninimaa looked like a fool with Dandy, Streit is more able to get the puck out of the zone safely.

I would like very much to see Latendresse on the first line and Perezhogin with Kovy and Lapierre. Kovy was -2 last night and Perez is much more accountable defensively than Latendresse, while Latendresse is more dangerous offensively than Perez.

The second and third line should not be change in my opinion.

Even if Perezhogin starts on the first or forth line, Carbo has a tendancy to mix things up, so I'm sure either way something will change, lol.

Perezhogin +/- 11 rating is the best for Habs. Koivu and Ryder combine for -48

If we see the good Perezhogin from the beginning of the season, and taking no stupid penalities, this could be a good line at 5-5.

Ah, can't wait to see the game!

Wherever Zhogs is, we could use him against Toronto tommorow night...

always plays so well against them

Big time he scored one of the goals of the year against him this season.

I think I would have to disagree about Perez not being more dangerous than Lats. I know that the numbers don't indicate it and Lats does use his size to his advantage. However, if I was in goal and had a choice of who I didn't want to go up against, Perez would be the one I wouldn't want to face. I just think he has more overall skill and has more weapons than Lats (decent size, speed, better vision, better shot, better defense). IMO

I think Lats has been lucky so far, alot of his goals have been earned with a wild spinning shot move or luck. I don't think he is as talented with the puck as Perez. He does use his size well which is great but in shootout Perez has him beat hands down. And lets not forget Perez's ridiculous amount of speed.

I think Lats has been lucky so far, alot of his goals have been earned with a wild spinning shot move or luck. I don't think he is as talented with the puck as Perez. He does use his size well which is great but in shootout Perez has him beat hands down. And lets not forget Perez's ridiculous amount of speed.

I take Lats before Perezhogin anytime! Perezhogin is so overrated... He had many chance to play on offensive line, he never showed up with good result.

I would take both and happy the Habs do have both.

Gui is good with the puck and has a dirty toe drag. - OSM

Perezhogin has scoring talent and has a lot of offensive skill as well as great speed. -Kayc906