Claude Julien Fired

MAK

just heard on the radio. source was pierre mcguire

holy crap !! the last time lamoriello did that , they won the cup .

now I really wish they get the boot in the 1st round.

tsn

Edited by marky_and_komi

if it's a april 2nd prank, they got me. but i doubt it !!

just heard it on espn radio update.

Edited by marky_and_komi

Maybe Lou just like to coach in the playoffs, not the regular season! it's a new trend fire the coach gm coaches for playoffs. there are lots of coaches around but they better start hiring them one year at a time. lol this is the most wacked out thing I have ever heard ok maybe garth snow as gm was crazier, if this is a joke it got me.

let the rumours fly...

Does the salary cap depend on coaches too?

Does Lou feel like he's bored now that the trade deadline is done!?

Did he wakeup from the wrong side of the bed or did he not sleep at all last night?

Will Broduer be promoted to GM a la Garth Snow?

So many question... but not many answers...

How will Lou define this now to the media, since we are so close to the playoffs. Is Julien out with a lower body, upper body or groin injury?

Can't wait to get the answers to all these questions... Go LOU GO!

Edited by Chips

Wow, all this about an ex-Habs coach on his way to greatness, and now he's fired? There must be something horribly wrong w/ Julien. Either he did something or... who knows. Pretty random in my mind.

That's a bizarre move - something has to have gone on to prompt this move? :?- :?- :?-

Did Julien come to practice with 5 o'clock shadow?

If you're a coach and Lou Lamoriello calls you up in June and asks you to interview for the vacant coaching job, do you really want to take it?

In Robbie Ftorek's case, they were on top of their division with nine games left to go when they fired him, the reason being that Lou didn't like the way they were playing. Apparently not everyone was asleep by the second period. Yeah, they won the Cup that year, but it wasn't exactly an underdog team. Now this is the second time he's fired his very successful coach with a handful of games left in the season.

We all know that Lou likes things done in a specific way, and anyone who doesn't tow the line in that regard is evidently dealt with in a very definite manner. His (in)famous "no facial hair" rule which applies to every employee in the organization, from players to office staff, is seen as the prime example of just how much control he has, and how much power he weilds in the Meadowlands. But I wonder if this could backfire on him, and could end up costing Lou his own job. Under previous ownership, Lou was given free reign. How will the current ownership react to this change behind the bench? Lou almost has to win it all now. Robinson doing it was one thing, but Lou didn't get very far in the playoffs last season. And I'm not sure that a finals appearance will suffice. It could be all or none for Lou.

Edited by RobRock

Did Julien come to practice with 5 o'clock shadow?

It could be all or none for Lou.

he must have forgotten to shave his head for the last game and the stubble just did not cut it for LOU!

therefore, give CLAUDE who isn't God the BOOT LOU!

This is not a performance firing. Something SMELLS for sure IMO

that would be the aftershave! the new colone for coaches from new jersey. "parfum LOU"

the really stinky part of all this is that there seems to be a total lack of details from all media sources.

this ones top secret and will remain on a need to know basis and we don't need to know... apparently.

Edited by Chips