best place to watch habs for anglophones in montreal?

Peel Pub maybe?

Also, some sports bar on St-Laurent boulevard (forgot their names)

you're thinking of champs !!

I'd say any small with a giant screen would do it. just look around concordia and mcgill university. plus: french are not allowed in so it's english only :P you'll still have to suffer through RDS though.

Go to a random east-end tavern mahn, do it real, do it right :P

(are there still taverns in the east end?)

Go Habs Go!

Thanks guys...I live in the East End ( Anjou)

usually watch the games alone at home! (RDS) muted and CJAD english radio although once in a blue moon ill watch in french.

Went to peel pub once it was nice, it was OK.

I heard champs was cool...i used to go there for benfica games ( my soccer team ) however i didnt like champs too much BECAUSE there are other TVs there and other fans watching other teams and other sports and their oooos and ahhhhhhhhhhs dont coincide with the match Id watch...

Le Cage Aux Sports

The food is not the best but they have tons of big screens.

you're right about the food. how a sports bar like that have such a terrible menu ??

everywhere you are you'll have a good view of the game though.

Le Cage Aux Sports

The food is not the best but they have tons of big screens.

So much for their "chicken wings" when Habs score 5 ; thanks god, they are free

Go to a random east-end tavern mahn, do it real, do it right :P

(are there still taverns in the east end?)

Go Habs Go!

La Taverne du Coin is but a souvenir isn't it......made ways to the brasseries then vanished.

to me when i wanna watch games of the habs i would go to la cage aux sports how many places have an atmosphere like that when it comes to the habs lol, and its a mix of french and enlish

I really don't care if the game is in English or not, but I usually watch them at "Le Pistole" or "Frappe" on St-Laurent st. I'm pretty sure both places play it in English. Also, if you are really set on watching it in English, I'm pretty sure any place on Cresent or Stanley will have it.

rafikz!!! yeah? Invite some fellow fans from habsworld : )

bacchuss? Most places cant show the game in English because most habs games are not broadcast on english language channels...however even if they where they would probably show it on the french feed...

Many a times places abide by the sacred code to completely eradicate the english language from montreal and quebeck.

ANYWHO...cage seems to be popular...I remember when I was living in ontario it was called something else...anyone remember? pity about the vouchers for the chicken wings tho...i guess its a means of getting ppl to return...