The Great Merged Toronto Thread

rafikz

generally, i would agree with you but we can't forget that we have koivu, souray, bouillon, komisarek, bégin, lapierre, plekanec, higgins... all character players

we have a big wildcard - kovalev who certainly can pull it out of the bag...

other young kids can come to the fore... latendresse, kostitsyn, etc...

our potentially weak area is ryder and maybe niinimaa (who's been playing quite well recently)

certain solid guys are markov & streit, bonk & johnson...

we're not that badly off...

GO :hlogo: GO!

So you named everyone as "solid" except for our leading goal scorer.....I think you might wanna shake your head.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you named everyone as "solid" except for our leading goal scorer.....I think you might wanna shake your head.

yes, he is our leading scorer and he can put a bunch in but, as to hustle, the's not that kind of player... he'd be kind of a weaker brett hull type without some of the game reading skills and killer instinct...

still a good player to have but simply not a super clutch player...

Wow, if Huet starts and is "rusty". Or, if Halak starts and cracks under the pressure, while our #1 is on the bench, Carbo's going to get bombarded.

hmmmmmmmm............. sounds like a definite lose-lose situation

no matter what happens, if the leafs win, it's lynch carbonneau time...

now, there a happy scenario...

If the habs lose on Saturday I better not see the likes of Koivu Kovalev and Begin in a Habs uniform next year. If they win they can stay but if they lose I want changes NOW.

and if you do see them after a loss....?

Edited by shortcat1

when carbnneau was asked why he pulled halak, on eof the reasons he said is that if he wanted huet to play on saturday, he had to play at least a period.

I think we can read between the lines, here.

when carbnneau was asked why he pulled halak, on eof the reasons he said is that if he wanted huet to play on saturday, he had to play at least a period.

I think we can read between the lines, here.

likely the 'between the lines' is correct but it's still not settled... huet may not be ready to play whereas halak is in the groove...

we'll see...

I don't know french... so CBC is definitly my hcoice... even thoi suscribe to RDS.

And i hope those leafs getsmoked and their homecrowd fans boo em!!!!!!!!!!

don't know french then it's easily settled for you...

though i see the subscription to rds as being neat to have so as to watch and still get to see the game and get some of the mood of the game too...

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THIS : SATURDAY'S GAME IS GONNA BE SOMETHING

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

no kidding...

by the way, that's the 1st time i ever see that smiley... looks a bit like a beer with a big head on it...

Huet

Not that Halak has been bad

But Huet was good in the 3rd and he has experience ; he has been involved in playoffs battles

that's a big factor, if not THE big factor

i just hope that halak's head will be called for on a platter for tonight's game though i expect that that kind of person is out there... check rds.ca's talkback... it's all full of 'interesting' people.

that's a big factor, if not THE big factor

i just hope that halak's head will be called for on a platter for tonight's game though i expect that that kind of person is out there... check rds.ca's talkback... it's all full of 'interesting' people.

I know the type : RDS's talkback is horrible

no kidding...

by the way, that's the 1st time i ever see that smiley... looks a bit like a beer with a big head on it...

Looks like a smiley eating popcorn to me. :P

This is the biggest game ever!! You gotta go with your best players! Not that Halak doesn't deserve to play. But Huet is one of the best goalie in the league and doesn't deserve to be left out by a rookie. He's ready, let him play! Go Habs!

:?-

English please!!

Well now the Habs most likley will not finish 7th so they do not have to play the Devils if they beat the Leafs. And most habs fans agreed that the Sabres would be a better opponent.

I am not saying I am happy with the loss just trying to be a little more positive the Habs still control thier destiny.

Turst me I would have LOVED a win tonight.