Dear Mr. Samsonov

beliveau1

I know first we gotta to make the series WITH the players that brought us there but i just want to bring a upside to this downhill thread on the Samsonov case.

Having Samsonov Murray and Perezhogin as depth players for series.

Who can say in the top 8 teams got 2 quality forwards like that ?? Nobody.

Samsonov can change the curse of a game just by skating throught. With the speed he has and defense wore down he could be a very dangerous weapon if we need him.

Perezhogin can take over third-fourth line duties with experience and good two way plays.

Murray has been all year long decieving offensively but he is effective when he uses his body.

I didn't intend for this thread to be negative - it was just a sad attempt at a bit of comic relief in the tense moment of the playoff race? Unfortunately it has gone south a bit.....

I should have included Niinimaa as a guest lecturer on the topic: Life in the NHL Pressbox - Tips, Protocol & Insights from the Pressbox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are quite right beliveau. I understood you're trying but it was going down a bit.

To continue the topic of the thread i would suggest him.

The Morozov course : Road back to Russia B)

Hilarious - that would make for a great training movie for hockey seminars :clap::lol::clap:

I know it won't happen but when you think about it Rask for Raycroft is similar to Tlusty for Samsonov. :lol: Imagine the Habs actually getting something of value for Samsonov? :blink:

I know it won't happen but when you think about it Rask for Raycroft is similar to Tlusty for Samsonov. :lol: Imagine the Habs actually getting something of value for Samsonov? :blink:

progressive thinking, I like !!

who's the worst gm so BG can give him a call ???

progressive thinking, I like !!

who's the worst gm so BG can give him a call ???

Actually if there is one thing JFJ is good at is reclamation projects.

As for the worst GM I would go with ........ darn I wish Mad Mike was still in control in the Island I guess Barnett in PHX.

Actually if there is one thing JFJ is good at is reclamation projects.

As for the worst GM I would go with ........ darn I wish Mad Mike was still in control in the Island I guess Barnett in PHX.

he would be my choice too.

Dear Mr. Samsonov

Please attend the following lecture series this summer.

Attendance is compulsory.

Course: Ethics of Team Discipline 101

Course Outline: the Code of Ethics When Benched - 5 easy steps to handling a benching

1/ protocol for accepting management decisions

2/ ethics of behaviour with fellow teammates & fans

3/ media diplomacy - saying the right things to the media

4/ Player Agent role - not involving agent as your spokesman

5/ 10 Easy Steps to redeem your worth - proving management wrong

Professor at Large: Saku Koivu

Guest Lecturers: Jean Beliveau - Class & Dignity

Scotty Bowman - Coaching Psychology & Cruelty

Dick Irvin Jr. - the History of Discipline in Montreal

Peter Mahovlich - Paying the Fines for Having Fun in the NHL

Mandatory Course Reading: Lion's in Winter; Ken Dryden's 'The Game'; all books on Jean Beliveau, Toe Blake, Al Arbour, Fred Shero & Dick Irvin Sr.

hmmm.......... very funny...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Dear Mr. Samsonov

Please attend the following lecture series this summer.

Attendance is compulsory.

Course: Ethics of Team Discipline 101

Course Outline: the Code of Ethics When Benched - 5 easy steps to handling a benching

1/ protocol for accepting management decisions

2/ ethics of behaviour with fellow teammates & fans

3/ media diplomacy - saying the right things to the media

4/ Player Agent role - not involving agent as your spokesman

5/ 10 Easy Steps to redeem your worth - proving management wrong

Professor at Large: Saku Koivu

Guest Lecturers: Jean Beliveau - Class & Dignity

Scotty Bowman - Coaching Psychology & Cruelty

Dick Irvin Jr. - the History of Discipline in Montreal

Peter Mahovlich - Paying the Fines for Having Fun in the NHL

Mandatory Course Reading: Lion's in Winter; Ken Dryden's 'The Game'; all books on Jean Beliveau, Toe Blake, Al Arbour, Fred Shero & Dick Irvin Sr.

that's quite a load... for anyone, i suppose but i get the point and, if such a thing could be done, i don't know if sergei's of the mind to run with it...

that's quite a load... for anyone, i suppose but i get the point and, if such a thing could be done, i don't know if sergei's of the mind to run with it...

If we'd enrolled him earlier he'd have had a lot of free time on his hands for reading up there in that pressbox..... :D:rolleyes:

Not to be rude, but this post just misses the point completely. Say for example, I'm p****d off because my boss is a jerk. If I then take out a full page add in the local paper saying so and detailing what a mistake I made joining the company etcetera how long do you think I would remain employed? I somehow do not think I would be sent home with full pay. If Samsonov was unhappy he should have kept his mouth shut and done his job better. The proof is in the pudding... NOT one team was willing to take a chance on him when he was put on waivers... the team is winnining without him.

Bottom line: this is ALL on Samsonov because he kept whinning in the press. He blew his chance for redemption in MTL. The coach's job is to win--not make the individual player's happy. Koivu understands that; Rivet understood that; Nininema understands that....

as a teacher, if i was to do that, i'd not only have my hand slapped but i'd likely get severely reprimanded both by my own federation and my professional association... (maybe even suspended)...

whether one disagrees with one's boss or not, to make it a public issue... :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I completely agree with this but it in no way excuses what Sergei did.

Samsonov was completely out of line for a pro being paid big bucks when he whined in public like that. He really blew it.

Guys like Kovalev and Koivu have been under a lot of pressure too, and they've handled it like pros, Samsonov disgraced himself.

This is nonsense. MarK Messier one of the the undisputed greatest leaders in hockey whined about Roger Nielson and had him fired. Henri Richard the Pocket Rcoket and winner of most Stanley Cups as a player whined about Al McNeil and had him shipped off. This happens all the time

Not to be rude, but this post just misses the point completely. Say for example, I'm p****d off because my boss is a jerk. If I then take out a full page add in the local paper saying so and detailing what a mistake I made joining the company etcetera how long do you think I would remain employed? I somehow do not think I would be sent home with full pay. If Samsonov was unhappy he should have kept his mouth shut and done his job better. The proof is in the pudding... NOT one team was willing to take a chance on him when he was put on waivers... the team is winnining without him.

Bottom line: this is ALL on Samsonov because he kept whinning in the press. He blew his chance for redemption in MTL. The coach's job is to win--not make the individual player's happy. Koivu understands that; Rivet understood that; Nininema understands that....

Frankly my opinion was totally different. If Samsonov had said nothing then I would have thought he did not care. Why whine if you don't care. He was frustrated and he said the things he said. Frankly hockey is entertainment and reporters are there to get a story. I doubt your job is interesting to the general public. You mentioned Craig Rivet but does my memory fail me that he did not take his benching all that well either??? As for Ninimaa I saw him on TV said better let things remain unsaid as to what he thought of being benched. He clearly did not think much of it

I dont know what code there supposedly is in hockey. The same code when Patrick Roy went ballistic before he was traded? The same code that brought Reggie Jackson and Billy Martin to blows? The same code that has soccer players throw things when they are substituted?

Edited by Strummerman

I do not think this is fair and balanced criticism.

First off, Carbo is really responsible for this disaster. He castigated Samsonov after 4 games. Sammy had just had a kid and was obviously distracted. Carbo almost never played him on the powerplay. He stuck Samsonov with Kovalev almost all season. Anyone with half a brain would have realized that their playing styles did not mesh. It didn't have to take 40 games to realize this. Finally he started to lift his game when put on the Bonk line. He played a great game in Nashville when they won. The very next game or the game after he was benched???

Second, no one has ever complained about Sammy before. He was on a Stanley Cup finalist last year. And where are the Oilers this year without him. One could even ask where were the Oilers last year without him. Second, Samsonov outplayed Joe Thornton for almost 4 years before Thornton started to mature with the Bruins. The Bruins fans still think highly of him.

So what happened??? I think what was as bad as Sammy and Kovy not meshing was Sammy and Carbo. Finally, in the second half his attitude started deteriorating. His play right before the final benching was gruesome. So Sammy quit on the team after being provoked all year by Carbo.

I totally agree.

This is nonsense. MarK Messier one of the the undisputed greatest leaders in hockey whined about Roger Nielson and had him fired. Henri Richard the Pocket Rcoket and winner of most Stanley Cups as a player whined about Al McNeil and had him shipped off. This happens all the time

Frankly my opinion was totally different. If Samsonov had said nothing then I would have thought he did not care. Why whine if you don't care. He was frustrated and he said the things he said. Frankly hockey is entertainment and reporters are there to get a story. I doubt your job is interesting to the general public. You mentioned Craig Rivet but does my memory fail me that he did not take his benching all that well either??? As for Ninimaa I saw him on TV said better let things remain unsaid as to what he thought of being benched. He clearly did not think much of it

I dont know what code there supposedly is in hockey. The same code when Patrick Roy went ballistic before he was traded? The same code that brought Reggie Jackson and Billy Martin to blows? The same code that has soccer players throw things when they are substituted?

the difference between richard and messier and sammy is they were the captains of their team and were leaders on and off the ice They were not underachieving overpaid offenceless highly paid whiners. He wanted to be the go to guy but he didnt score any goals I think 2 or 3 months in hamilton next year might MIGHT teach him a little humility and he could then try to rebuild his career or we could trad him to boston since apparently they still love him there GO SAMMY GO!

!

Salvaging players whom many think are done or are usless.

Then maybe he'll trade us Tlusty for Samsonov after all. :)

the difference between richard and messier and sammy is they were the captains of their team and were leaders on and off the ice They were not underachieving overpaid offenceless highly paid whiners. He wanted to be the go to guy but he didnt score any goals I think 2 or 3 months in hamilton next year might MIGHT teach him a little humility and he could then try to rebuild his career or we could trad him to boston since apparently they still love him there GO SAMMY GO!

!

I wouldnt mind him being sent to Hamilton. I would be interested to see if he plays real well. If he does then who was to blame for his lack of productivity in MONTREAL?

I'll take a loud mouth 50 goal scorer to a saint 10 goal scorer any day

So would I, but he is damaged goods atm, he really shot himself in the foot and nobody will touch him anymore. he went on waivers and not one of the league's 30 GMs wanted a guy who was an impact playoff performer last season.

I think that fact really highlights how bad his behaviour was and what a betrayal of the team it is considered to be in hockey circles. I wouldnt be surprised if he never got another NHL contract and went back to Russia.

That said, I think he could still repent by swallowing his pride and making a public apology asking for forgiveness. Perhaps he is waiting to see if the habs make the playoffs or not.

I would like to see him back because he does have a lot of potential to light it up in the playoffs, but the ball is in his court atm.

So would I, but he is damaged goods atm, he really shot himself in the foot and nobody will touch him anymore. he went on waivers and not one of the league's 30 GMs wanted a guy who was an impact playoff performer last season.

I think that fact really highlights how bad his behaviour was and what a betrayal of the team it is considered to be in hockey circles. I wouldnt be surprised if he never got another NHL contract and went back to Russia.

That said, I think he could still repent by swallowing his pride and making a public apology asking for forgiveness. Perhaps he is waiting to see if the habs make the playoffs or not.

I would like to see him back because he does have a lot of potential to light it up in the playoffs, but the ball is in his court atm.

Let's get real dirty harry. No one took him because of his salary. Frankly from what I saw of the likes of Latandresse last night I think Sammy would be a vast improvement. Sammy won't be playing with the Habs next year and when he starts playing great with another team I hope everyone will question what happened in Montreal. I don't think you have to look further then Carbo. If the Habs don't make the playoffs Carbo won't last long next year.