Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Rangers de New York | 04/05/07

Spider-Man NL

Habs are just not a good team yet

That is why they were flat.

But the youth on the team and the farm and our picks and a good free agent signing and you never know.

I will always cheer for them, but winning on Saturday just delays the golf game for a week and a half.

Go join another board. The Habs don't need this negative energy.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only bad scenario is a regular time win by the leafs...

Oh is that all? Well heck thats not so bad! :rolleyes:

Yeah it wont be so bad to be kicked out of the playoff race at the finish line by our most hated enemy, thats all.

No we lose Saturday and Carbo should be severly reprimanded.

this has to do with the match-up between the leafs & canadiens...

it's a copy of a post i made on a related site: really, i'm confident for our boys...

"all i can say that the only thing that the leafs have over us is potentially more hustle...

we have better goaltenders... our offence is just as good if not better than theirs just as is our defence...

potentially the other leafs advantage is that paul maurice has more 'experience tools' in his tool box than carbonneau but that's pretty well it...

on balance, i'd give our team the advantage even on leafs ice...

their crowd can be silenced and brought to booing which will take them out of the total factor"

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

If Montreal wins on Saturday, the Isles are eliminated. If Toronto wins and the Isles run the table on their last two games, they're in.

If Montreal wins on Saturday, the Isles are eliminated. If Toronto wins and the Isles run the table on their last two games, they're in.

You are right...my bad

What are you talking about? Buffalo is in for a rude awakening this year, they are gonna get upset first round.

It's possible. We've already played two series worth of playoff style hockey. Our engine's warm and running, they have yet to fire up.

Yeah it wont be so bad to be kicked out of the playoff race at the finish line by our most hated enemy, thats all.

Don't lose faith. I missed the game against Ottawa, but this is the first game that I've seen the Habs look this shaky in a long time. Regardless of what happens on Saturday, the boys kept it exciting. I think next year will look good. The youth continues to develop every day.

What are you talking about? Buffalo is in for a rude awakening this year, they are gonna get upset first round.

THat is the Leaf fan in you talking. Anything can happen, that is true.

Very improbable, that is for sure

Yeah, I had faith in them in last years playoff pool. I believed they would win against Carolina. I had Briere and Connolly. Losing Connolly killed me when Schaefer took him out.

This year I have many more doubts.

3 mins to go Isles

Go join another board. The Habs don't need this negative energy.

Oh OK. I will leave now...please. It is a forum for opinions. You don't like it. I don't care

maybe you should send him an angry letter because he won't get reprimanded by the ones who count (gainey & co.)

he'll get hazed by the press but that's to be expected... long-distance knives which will have no final effect in the canadiens family...

by the way, even if they make it in only to get eliminated on the way to the cup, the same will happen... bitching by some of us and hazing by the press... for any canadiens coach/player/gm/whatever, it's only a win situation if they go all the way to the cup (and even then....)

in an interview carbonneau said that there's a real possibility that huet will start saturday... he didn't solidly commit himself but he left the door open for both guys...

Well one way or another, April 7th 2007 is a day that will go down in history and be remembered for years to come.

You could see this coming a mile away. It has "storybook ending" written all over it. Question is.. who deserves most to be the "good" guys and capture the win?

The poor Laffs who haven't won a cup since 67? Or captain Koivu and his Habs who deserve to win a cup for their captain and for all that he's done for this team?

You know what i think...

Edited by Cataclaw

Well, lets take the positives tonight. At least we do not have to win on Saturday to make the playoff :)

Winning on Saturday would be sweet....losing would be extremely painful!

SO LETS WIN IT BOYS!!

Well, lets take the positives tonight. At least we do not have to win on Saturday to make the playoff :)

Winning on Saturday would be sweet....losing would be extremely painful!

SO LETS WIN IT BOYS!!

Another plus Saku got his 50th assist (ties career high) and his 72nd point(new career high)

Congrats Saku