Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Rangers de New York | 04/05/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Ryder's last even strength was in NOVEMBER, nice production...

Great POST

NOT

Do some research!

Ryder has 3 goals in the last 6 games all even strength.

Once again, I take it back. This was like all of those (after Dec. 23rd-Flu-Samsonov-Carbonneau) dog days and bad times spilled out on the board from me in one big hock. Why are we in this position? Why?

What a disappointing year. I was looking forward to no Theodore contraversy and bad play (dog days) or bad times with Ribs quotes etc. We were going to have consistency. :hlogo: :?-

WRONG! :?-

Kovalev fiasco.

Tonight when it really mattered, they played for junk. They did skate hard which I did appreciate but the transistion play was garbage tonight. They relied on the pass from our D on our blueline to the winger waiting on their blueline too often. How many times was it intercepted tonight? All of our chances came from Dangles (one player) over their blueline.

Anyway, good luck to the Athletics. I hope we can win and take this season and burn it into ashes and start THE NEW SEASON!

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Once again, I take it back. This was like all of those (after Dec. 23rd-Flu-Samsonov-Carbonneau) dog days and bad times spilled out on the board from me in one big hock. Why are we in this position? Why?

What a disappointing year. I was looking forward to no Theodore contraversy and bad play (dog days) or bad times with Ribs quotes etc. We were going to have consistency. :hlogo: :?-

Kovalev fiasco.

Tonight when it really mattered, they played for junk. They did skate hard which I did appreciate but the transistion play was garbage tonight. They relied on the pass from our D on our blueline to the winger waiting on their blueline too often. How many times was it intercepted tonight? All of our chances came from Dangles (one player) over their blueline.

Anyway, good luck to the Athletics. I hope we can win and take this season and burn it into ashes and start THE NEW SEASON!

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

I have been watching the Habs faithfully since around 1985. And I have NEVER been as disappointed in a Habs team as I have been in this year's edition. When we were shit, you had no expectations, so any success was a bonus. When we were contenders, early playoff exits were bitter, but we had Roy and we could always legitimately say 'we'll get them next year.' But this season...I was one of those who thought we were a real sleeper team, with lots of underrated talent - a potential dark horse. This was, I thought, the year we finally return to the status of a *serious* NHL team. And I STILL think we have pretty good talent. I really do.

But instead of a team grabbing the nettle and making a statement, we get the same g**damned midseason collapse we got last season and a total lack of consistency and, apparently, determination. I haven't believed in this crew since about February. Believe me, it's a demoralizing place to be.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

ok. so no one showed of for the game in NY. I'm going to try and forget this happened. and look forward to the next game against Toronto.

AND WE BETTER SHOW UP!

this one is for all the marbles. and for the loser, all the golf balls!

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

Well that was another in a long line of disgracefull efforts. How do not show up when your playoff lives are on the line? This team has so many problems normally masked by outstanding goaltending. So much like the Habs players i will be looking for an early tee time next week. Since the lazy slug players don't care, i'm not even sure i care enough to watch on Saturday. There lack of effort is what's most disappointing the entire year. They have no excuses for not playing hard, and they have no one but themselves for missing the playoffs.

3 fearless predictions:

1. The Leafs will pound the lifeless, lazy slugs on saturday. The Leafs will score first and the Habs will fold like a tent as usual.

2. Half of you will blame the Carbo for not making the playoffs, even though this team is within 2 or 3 points of what it averages over the past 10 years. Please blame the lazy players.

3. The other half of you will blame the goaltending no matter who it is. Even though it is clearly the 18 on the ice with the problem. Example, Theo won the Hart and the Vezina, 8th seed, enough said.

5 things that need to change for this team to improve:

1. Eject the core. They are worthless, never beem more then an 8 seed, never will will be more then an 8 seed.

2. Improve EFFORT, i have not seen a lazier team in years. They should only get paid 1/3 of there salary, since they only show up 20 minutes a game.

3. Increase physical play: These guys are softer then a women's field hockey team. My rec team hits more then these ladies, and it's a no contact league. Every team in the playoffs has more fighting majors then the Habs, coincidence, i think not.

4. Defense: This is the WORST collection of 6 D men the Habs have Had in i don't know how long. Oly keep Markov, Komi and Gorges. Get 3 new ones. They need some D who can skate, win a battle and pass the puck.

5. They need help in how to transition and create offense, if the other 4 areas are addressed, this will happen.

Chris, every single one of your points is exagerrated. How are we to take your apocalyptic rantings seriously?

Then again, I'm sure if we lose, a lot of people will jump on the bandwagon. But that is only if we lose. As of right now, losing is out of the question!