Game Thread | Toronto vs Montreal | FINAL SHOWDOWN | 07/05/07

Cataclaw

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, I'm so nervous I'm not going to be able to sleep. Perhaps I should just stay up and listen to the game on Internet radio. :unsure:

In today's on-line Montreal Gazette (last 2 paragraphs).......Jack Todd

"Tonight's game is a reprise of sorts of the gold-medal game at the Torino Olympics 14 months ago, when Mats Sundin's Swedes beat Saku Koivu's Finns for the gold.

Tonight the two captains square off again. Unless the Habs can pull off a miraculous road win, the result will be the same."

Geez, thanks for the confidence booster Jack..............I don't think we need a "miracle" to win this game! GHG!

Well... As a Swede, I must say that this is a different situation. Koivu and Sundin are, as far as I know, the only two players who played in that game, and there were about 38 other players involved that time who won't be there to influence the outcome of this game. So I think there is no comparison to be made here.

In today's on-line Montreal Gazette (last 2 paragraphs).......Jack Todd

"Tonight's game is a reprise of sorts of the gold-medal game at the Torino Olympics 14 months ago, when Mats Sundin's Swedes beat Saku Koivu's Finns for the gold.

Tonight the two captains square off again. Unless the Habs can pull off a miraculous road win, the result will be the same."

Geez, thanks for the confidence booster Jack..............I don't think we need a "miracle" to win this game! GHG!

This is where the actual "mettle" of a fan is revealed. I have a Habs fan friend at my work who says' "we are done", because if it's true, on Monday he won't have to eat the same type of crow I will.

He's just hedging his bets and covering his butt.

chickens02.jpg

Me on the other hand: GO GET 'EM HABS WIN WIN WIN

The best part about this game is that TO needs to win in regulation time to make the playoffs, and Montreal needs it to clinch.

What I'm scared of is the damn ref'ing. Let's all pray they don't ruin what could be an historical game.

My little scenario: Huet has a shaky start and Leafs lead by 3 after 1 period. Carbo comes back with Halak for the 2nd and Habs come back with 3 goals... and we have both teams tied starting the best 3rd period of hockey we'll get to see in a long while.

Remember the last MTL-TOR game, it was a back-and-forth delight. Imagine how great it could be now with the playoffs on the line. Hockey at its best.

The best part about this game is that TO needs to win in regulation time to make the playoffs, and Montreal needs it to clinch.
What do you mean? Two points will secure a playoff spot for the Habs regardless of whether they get those two points in regulation, OT, or SO... right?

this sums up my day perfectly

"Lonely Day"

Such a lonely day

And its mine

The most loneliest day of my life

Such a lonely day

Should be banned

It's a day that I can't stand

Such a lonely day

Shouldn't exist

It's a day that I'll never miss

Such a lonely day

And its mine

And if you go, I wanna go with you

And if you die, I wanna die with you

Take your hand and walk away

Life

Such a lonely day

And its mine

It's a day that I'm glad I survived

this sums up my day perfectly

"Lonely Day"

Such a lonely day

And its mine

Such a lonely day

Should be banned

It's a day that I can't stand

Such a lonely day

Shouldn't exist

It's a day that I'll never miss

Such a lonely day

And its mine

And if you go, I wanna go with you

And if you die, I wanna die with you

Take your hand and walk away

Life

Such a lonely day

And its mine

It's a day that I'm glad I survived

love that song! SOAD :D

One hour to game time and im starting to get nervous.... butterflies in the stomach. Cant imagine what the players are feeling.

love that song! SOAD :D

One hour to game time and im starting to get nervous.... butterflies in the stomach. Cant imagine what the players are feeling.

Hopefully they can relate to the lyrics of the theme song for the new Bond movie...

"The coldest blood runs through my veins

You know my name"

I hope you can fortell the future rafikz!!

Well, to be fair, I did once.

It wasn't a dream, but I anticipated the scenario of the 2005 NBA Finals , game 5.

2 days before game 5, I told my friend how the game would end, and it happened ; and, regarding games 3 and 4 of that series, my scenario was unlikely to happen ; ; exact same outcome ; I told him that it would be a close game, and that Robert Horry (a scrub) would score the winning 3 pointer ... IT HAPPENED:blink: :blink::blink:

Edited by rafikz

I think this game tonight has the potential to have higher TV ratings than a Stanley Cup Final!

Even medias from Europe went to Toronto to cover that game ; amazing

Well it comes down to this.

I have FAITH in Les Glorieux, the Ghosts have made the trip to TO before.

It's time...

Enjoy everyone, I'm off to my basement to watch, pray, scream whatever it takes

Remember, have fun!

Edited by The Saint