Game Thread | Toronto vs Montreal | FINAL SHOWDOWN | 07/05/07

Cataclaw

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Habs are lucky its just 2-1... Higgins' goal was an awesome individual play. For the rest, Montreal didnt generate any offense at all. They're gonna have to control the puck much better in the Leafs zone. Its the same old story though. Next thing you know, they might just pot two quick goals and it's a whole new game. This team is so predictably unpredictable.

Considering the pressure from Toronto, that period could have been a lot worse

It's a miracle we're only down by 1. But Huet's got to shut them out for the rest of the game to make up for that last goal.

Let's hope they wake up in the 2nd and 3rd and no more crap goals go in for the leafs...

Wouldn't hurt if the refs would open their eyes. I still don't understand why they let that net penalty go. The ref watched him do it while the puck was in the scramble...

In any case, after a effort like that, the Habs should be thanking their lucky stars they are only down by one. I sure hope the rest of the game is more fun to watch then that.

Maybe it's not the refs :unsure:

Maybe it's the fact that the Habs were on there heals the whole period and the Leafs were taking it to them. Teams that are having there asses handed to them usually are the ones taking penalties ... if the Habs can come out in the 2nd with the same fire as the leafs did in the 1st, maybe the leafs will have some calls go against them.

Just a thought :wacko:

Maybe it's not the refs :unsure:

Maybe it's the fact that the Habs were on there heals the whole period and the Leafs were taking it to them. Teams that are having there asses handed to them usually are the ones taking penalties ... if the Habs can come out in the 2nd with the same fire as the leafs did in the 1st, maybe the leafs will have some calls go against them.

Just a thought :wacko:

It's not the refs. But there were 2 blatent calls missed.

It's a miracle we're only down by 1. But Huet's got to shut them out for the rest of the game to make up for that last goal.

He's already made up for that goal! Without Huet its already game over :hockey: :hlogo: :hockey:

Given the context, and what's at stake, that might have been one of the WORST periods in the history of the Montreal Canadiens.

These f*cking worthless useless stinking befouled vile and despicable JERK OFFS!

Did we win a single battle along the boards? Did we win more than 1/3 of the faceoffs? I'd be amazed.

Good news: Souray is playing like a Norris candidate. And Higgins is flying.

Now if THE REST OF THE $^&%$^&%&^$& PIECES OF RATSH*T COULD GET THEIR FAT HEADS OUTTA THEIR F*CKING ASSES WE MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE A %^%&^$% HOCKEY GAME ON OUR HANDS.

CALICE DE TABERNAC! MAUDITS FACES DE CHIEN!!!!

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

He's already made up for that goal! Without Huet its already game over :hockey: :hlogo: :hockey:

I demand more! :D

It's all over anyway... Cherry has called it.. Leafs are gonna win.

CC, we're 10 for 23 on faceoffs.

I have to echo the post above, win or lose Im really getting tired of this team. I just can't understand how they can come out this flat (sounds familar, maybe I said that on Thursday too...)

If you cant get yourself motivated to come out and play for a game like this, when are you motivated? I've been saying it for months, this teams needs to blow up the nucleus, there's just a terrible attitude amongst the core players that we dont wont influencing the young up and coming guys in our system.

Has anyone even noticed Kovalev, Koivu, or bonk on the ice? Talk about invisible...

If not for one single person effort (Higgins), there would be no goal scoring opportunities for the Habs in that period.

Brutal, but I expected it based on the season.

I have to echo the post above, win or lose Im really getting tired of this team. I just can't understand how they can come out this flat (sounds familar, maybe I said that on Thursday too...)

If you cant get yourself motivated to come out and play for a game like this, when are you motivated? I've been saying it for months, this teams needs to blow up the nucleus, there's just a terrible attitude amongst the core players that we dont wont influencing the young up and coming guys in our system.

B) Vancouver%20Canucks%20Classic%20Collection%20Throw_large.jpg B)

We can still win this game!

I dont disagree, we should be thankful to be this close. I think its just a general frustration with the lack of effort this team consisently shows that has everyone so aggravated.

This is the lowest of the low. That team, that period, was completely unworthy of the uniform they just shat all over. I am absolutely beyond disgusted with these worthless ###### ups. They are the single most disgusting team ever iced by the Montreal Canadiens.

As I predicted. The Leafs come out flying, with grit and character, and we just...roll over and let them dance on our stomachs.

Having said that, we're still in the game, thanks to the miraculous performance of Huet. I wouldn't be too surprised to see us coming out of this with a completely unmerited victory.

In a way it might be better for the young players if we LOST. It might teach them a lesson about actually WINNING GAMES during the regular season.