Game Thread | Toronto vs Montreal | FINAL SHOWDOWN | 07/05/07

Cataclaw

This might actually be a blessing in disguise. The way the vets have let this team down in the worst times in recent years has finally caught up with them.

Gainey isn't stupid. If there's one positive in this season, it's the emergence of the kids and young vets. Komisarek on D, Plex, Higgs as sophomores, Kosty, Lats and Lapierre as rookies. Halak in nets. And the staff didnt hesitate to trust in them. So its highly likely that Bob uses the elimination to justify a youth movement, or at the very least a big turnaround.

Question now is: did we just lose Souray forever?

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, can't say we would have won the cup but expierience for the kids would have been cool. Refs f&*ked us, but in all honesty this team wasn't going far that's for sure. The leafs aren't either....so who cares.

One thing that needs to happen is Gainey this summer will trade Souray, Perez and one of our higher 1st round picks so we can Nab Kane in the draft. After that we can develop into a stanley cup team from the inside. I have faith in the Future, but man this really blows. Mostly because hte Leafs ended it.

Go Islanders Go

How do you plan on trading a pending unrestricted free agent?

My second, my first son is 3 and his name is Patrick Roy.

I tried to talk my wife into Alex Kovalev or Sheldon but she would not let me :)

Thanks, to everybody for the congrats.

GOod call on the first name.

Congrats on your wife's choice on the latter two.

Congrats again.

This might actually be a blessing in disguise. The way the vets have let this team down in the worst times in recent years has finally caught up with them.

Gainey isn't stupid. If there's one positive in this season, it's the emergence of the kids and young vets. Komisarek on D, Plex, Higgs as sophomores, Kosty, Lats and Lapierre as rookies. Halak in nets. And the staff didnt hesitate to trust in them. So its highly likely that Bob uses the elimination to justify a youth movement, or at the very least a big turnaround.

I agree. Youth movement.

and

bye bye Souray. Your record breaking season was so valuable to this franchise that we missed the playoffs.

Enjoy your 6 million a season somewhere else

Don't count on it. Bob couldn't move Souray when anybody who knows anything about hockey knows he should have. Tonight was proof positive. Souray did nothing to help this team win tonight and ended up injured which was only a matter of time. Just surprised it wasn't his wrist.

Hopefully SOuray is gone. He's going to get $5.5 Million per year plus for 4 + years and isn't worth it.

If your going to spend $6 Million on a player. I'd rather have Danny Briere or Scott Gomez....not that either will be available, although the Sabres cannot possible sign Briere.....maybe a sign and trade is possible.

Lammoriello will suck Bettmans cock and possibly find a way to resign Gomez.

But seriously Souray needs to walk....

I did read an article or on a radio station that said Gainey was going with pretty much the youth movemenrt next year and will try to move Bouillon and NOT resign the UFA's.

I hope that's true. I would much rather lose with players who play hard then watching these lazy slugs collect high paychecks.

Don't count on it. Bob couldn't move Souray when anybody who knows anything about hockey knows he should have. Tonight was proof positive. Souray did nothing to help this team win tonight and ended up injured which was only a matter of time. Just surprised it wasn't his wrist.

Hopefully SOuray is gone. He's going to get $5.5 Million per year plus for 4 + years and isn't worth it.

If your going to spend $6 Million on a player. I'd rather have Danny Briere or Scott Gomez....not that either will be available, although the Sabres cannot possible sign Briere.....maybe a sign and trade is possible.

Lammoriello will suck Bettmans cock and possibly find a way to resign Gomez.

But seriously Souray needs to walk....

Yep, why wrap up huge cap space on one player who was so invaluable in a career season that we missed the playoffs. PLease do not pull a McCabe Bob!

I did read an article or on a radio station that said Gainey was going with pretty much the youth movemenrt next year and will try to move Bouillon and NOT resign the UFA's.

I hope that's true. I would much rather lose with players who play hard then watching these lazy slugs collect high paychecks.

If you are going to lose, then lose while playing youth and finishing 15 million under the cap.

1 Stanley Cup winner....29 other losers.

If you have a shot at the Cup, take it. The Habs are not close to a cup as currently constituted

Souray wants to go to LA, where he can nail hot movie stars after every game.

Kovalev is probably already piloting a plane back to Russia as we speak with a giant grin on his face (yay, no more extra work!)

Markov already has a list of teams he'd rather be playing for written on the palm of his hand in marker.. he was probably reviewing the list during that Antropov goal.

I agree about one winner, but this current team is too lazy to win, so my point was i would rather see a team that hustles and loses, then stand around and lose.

Hopefully we bring back Markov and not much else UFA-wise. Maybe Johnson and Bonk for cheap but after that, i really liked what i saw out of the young players tonight, they were much more solid than a lot of the veterans.

Kovy has to go, this is the first time I've said it but it just has to happen.

How do you plan on trading a pending unrestricted free agent?

Sign and trade. Gainey won't let him go for nothing......I'm sure of that. You say it like I'm crazy. It happens a lot. Souray respects Gainey and Gainey respects him. Something will be worked out. You'll see.

Hopefully we bring back Markov and not much else UFA-wise. Maybe Johnson and Bonk for cheap but after that, i really liked what i saw out of the young players tonight, they were much more solid than a lot of the veterans.

Kovy has to go, this is the first time I've said it but it just has to happen.

I would let Bonk and Johnson walk. Use the cap space and the youth on the farm to fill out the core of this team. If they can be had for cheap I would reconsider, but not at the ticket price from this year.

I'd like to see Markov brought back and none of our other UFAs, Briere and Phillips brought in and use the farm and if needed some other low price ufas to round out the roster.

Higgins Briere Kostytsin

Latendresse Koivu Ryder

Perezhogin Plekanec Kovalev

Begin Lapierre Milroy

Grabovski

Kosty Jr.

Dagostini

Markov Komisarek

Phillips Streit

Bouillon O'byrne? Emelin?

Dandenault sucked a lot, but if we have to keep him i'd rather him play on the fourth line.

Souray can go, he's not worth alot of money

Kovalev can go, if we can deal him

Sammy should be buried in the minors if we can't trade him.

Johnson or Bonk should be brought back, but only if cheap on short term deals.

Goaltending is fine with Huet and Halak, with Price in the A if needed.

Need two...not one, but TWO solid Dmen. The amount of running around in the defensive zone is ridiculous, and the lack of decent bodychecks is sickening. Let Souray walk, unload Samsonov for a bag of pucks, and use that money on two solid defensive D-men.

I hate all of the refs in that game.

Thanks for ruining our season! Horrible bullcrap calls.

67' Leafs Kiss my @$$!!

Begin call was deserved. Only a couple calls looked soft to me.

UFA Dmen, I wouldn't mind (obviously some more than others)

Brad Stuart

Roman Hamrlik

Scott Hannan

Mathew Schneider

Danny Markov

Kimo Timmonen

Vitaly Visnevski

Chris Phillips

Tom Priessing

Brian Rafalski

That's my list, take your pick, I feel all on this list would upgrade our D immensely in our own zone.

UFA forwards I would be interested in (obviously some more than others)

Joe Sakic

Teemu Selanne

Michael Handzus

Kirk Maltby

Paul Kariya

Peter Forsberg

Daniel Briere

Chris Drury

Scott Gomez

Ryan Smyth

Ray Whitney

That's it for that, A few others that could fill fourth line roles are out there too. But who knows what BG has in mind, I just hope it involves major changes

Koivu's taking a beating on french language radio, that hurts me to hear it.

Well, there are a lot of guys I would call out before Koivu.. Kovalev for one. Did the French dudes notice how sucky Lats was? You know, the great french hope? :LOL

PS.. don't mean to pick on Lats, but the french media figured he would be the top rookie in the league...