Thank Goodness for Habsworld

Fanpuck33_

Since finding out about this site, I have primarily posted here, but still visit the ESPN boards now and then. That will stop though. Right now Guru is threatening to go to a kid's house and shoot him in the head. Nothing productive ever happens over there anymore. If you say a player played poorly, someone will call you an idiot. "Idiot" and "stupid fukker" have to be used more than any other words on there. Ever since the Habsworld people left there, it's worthless, save a few posters.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Since finding out about this site, I have primarily posted here, but still visit the ESPN boards now and then.  That will stop though.  Right now Guru is threatening to go to a kid's house and shoot him in the head.  Nothing productive ever happens over there anymore.  If you say a player played poorly, someone will call you an idiot.  "Idiot" and "stupid fukker" have to be used more than any other words on there.  Ever since the Habsworld people left there, it's worthless, save a few posters.

Hey, we do the best we can :) , glad you like it.

I also read ESPN daily, (along with basically every forum out there... sad. lol) Guru is hilarious (in a "laughing at him, not with him" type of way)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by BigRedBob

Hi everybody, I'm new here!  

Been a :hlogo: -fan since late 80's/early 90's...  

:ghg:

Welcom to HW! You're here just in time for the playoffs! :/)

How did you became an Habs fan?

Thanks a lot! :) BTW I found this site totally by an accident, which was weird. But just in time for playoffs! :que:

I'm also a big fan of Helsinki IFK, a finnish SM-Liiga team, and there are many similarities between IFK and Habs, like IFK's colors are same bleu-blanc-rouge, they are known as minority language area's team in finland, IFK also has a respected history and traditions (but not as many championships, as Habs ;)), so it became like... naturally. I just got attracted to Habs, started studying more and more of Habs' history, next thing I know, is that I'm spending money to order Habs stuff and hockey cards, totally hooked. And I also am interested in Montreal/Quebec area in general (not visited there yet, hoping some day...).

And there was also one thing, man between the pipes, #33...

Originally posted by sakiqc

Interesting !:/)

Are you a big fan of Saku.. even if i think there's a rivalry between Turku and Helsinki?:)

Yes I am a fan of Saku, but I don't like Turku at all... There is a pretty big rivalry. Saku's dad is their coach and his younger brother plays there also. But Saku is a great player, good captain and a fighter, gotta respect that 100%.

:clap:

[Edited on 2004/4/5 by BigRedBob]

Originally posted by habsfan88

Have no idea, but if he is, we should trade for him!!

lol. just over a year ago I started ranting about how we need to trade Hossa for Koivu (and I mean seriously ranting). I reckon that if we'd tried that before Hossa played (and flopped) this season, we could have got him. But right now, he's too good a prospect for us to use Hainsey or Hossa up front, but not blue chip enough for the likes of Higgins or Plekky.

Remember, never in the history of the NHL has a younger brother been better than his older brother. I doubt if Mikko will be the one to change that.

Brothers...

A younger brother has never been better than his older.

Daniel Alfredssons older brother Henrik is playing in a beer-leauge in Ontario. He was drafted and spent a year in the farm.

Henrik was the big prospect but it was his brother who made it all the way.

But this one won't change your state since Henrik never played in the NHL.

Originally posted by ch_nl

Brothers...

A younger brother has never been better than his older.  

I have to disagree a bit...

Jarkko Ruutu - Tuomo Ruutu?

Tuomo is definitely better player than Jarkko.

But Jarkko also is damn good at what he does, and that is provocating and pissing opponents off.

I guess we'll have to see with that - but yes, you do have a point. Maybe I should have said star players (Lindroses for example, or Gretzkys, or Hulls, or Howes, etc.)

I wouldn't mind trading for Jarko though, he does do a good job.

Jarko vs Avery in a fight, who would win? Battle of the young'ns...

My point was only to state, that not always older brother is better player... and I don't think that Habs should trade for Mikko Koivu, even though he is a talented young forward.

Jarkko Ruutu should play for Habs, at least in my dreams, he was a captain of my favourite finnish team. Sometimes plays dirty, but also does anything for his dream.