An A for Higgins

MAK

By the way he called off Kovalev for not playing to his full potential, I think that Higgins as decided it was time for him to take some of that leadership he was said to have when he was drafted.

while Koivu is our captain and souray is an alternate captain, I think it's time for higgins to have an A on his sweater. no disrespect for Bégin but he's a fourth liner, ditto for kovalev( that guy doesn't even deserve a number in his back, let alone a letter in front).

I'm sure Higgins now knows that next year he'll have to elevate his game a notch, you just don't call off a teammate publicly for not showing up if you don't show up yourself. he'll have to and will put up better numbers on board. that 38 pts season as to become a 55pts minimum next year.

It's time for younger players to step up and take the lead.

ps: BOB, would you do me a favor and sign higgins for 4-5 years so I can safely buy my higgins jersey?? thanks !! if you sign him for longterm, I'll a buy you that chicken breast special at ST-Hubert that you're so fond of !!

Great post, mahn!

Higgins with an A would be fine by me. Considering he'll have more ice time than Begin, it's probably a good idea to have him on the ice to talk to the refs whenever possible.

If Gainey doesn manage to keep Kovy around though, I expect him to have a much better season (he better, or he won't be able to find work anywhere).

Just the same, should his ankle be fully healed, I believe Higgins will get to the same solid start he did this season. Hopefully this time nothing will slow him down.

I think Komisarek might be a better choice, at the moment. Maybe it would be best to wait another year or two for Higgins. If Bonk comes back, they may give him an A - didn't he take it once Rivet was traded? Or when some guys were injured.

I think Komisarek might be a better choice, at the moment. Maybe it would be best to wait another year or two for Higgins. If Bonk comes back, they may give him an A - didn't he take it once Rivet was traded? Or when some guys were injured.

don't count on bonk to be back in montreal. komisarek will be an assistant one day but I just think that higgins has the edge right now.

don't count on bonk to be back in montreal. komisarek will be an assistant one day but I just think that higgins has the edge right now.

Agreed. Komisarek's great, but I think he does the whole "nice" thing, and isn't as likely to call someone out if they're not working hard enough. I would prefer Higgins as an A next year for sure. I believe I said this in anohter post, but I'm glad someone else agrees.

Absolutley Chris Higgins should be given an A next year. Not only is he smart, but fast, highly skilled and has the best work ethic I've seen on Montreal Canadien is some time. This kid is going to be better than Bob Gainey. Atleast equal defensively and probably better offensively. He's faster, and is going to be the face of the franchise for the next 10 years.

Higgins has to put together a full season playing as he can. Once he does that, he'll be a star in the NHL and a major, major leader on the Habs.

And yes, this is the first sign of the young players stepping up and assuming the leadership of the team. The transition has been painful, but we're getting there...

A+

Higgy and Ryder fought hard in the Toronto game ; they stepped up

Ryder is really concerned with the team too ; the look on his face when the To-Mtl game ended said it all (like "I can't believe we blew that lead because of stupid penalties" )...man, that look said it all ; I'm not saying he is captain or assistant material, but somehow, his reaction put a smile on my face because it showed that he wants to win with this team.

Should Souray not re-sign possibly give Komisarek the A and if Kovalev is gone he should get his A.

But I believe both will be back and Souray and Kovalev will keep thier A's. One day both Higgins and Komisarek will both wear A's and possibly one will wear the C.

Should Souray not re-sign possibly give Komisarek the A and if Kovalev is gone he should get his A.

But I believe both will be back and Souray and Kovalev will keep thier A's. One day both Higgins and Komisarek will both wear A's and possibly one will wear the C.

I would give Kovy's A to Higgins whether Kovy's back or not. If Souray's back, I'd definitely give him his A. Despite his mistakes in D, he works hard and he speaks up when it's needed, and sticks up for his teammates.

Factor in that Higgy's a Yale grad, and you have to think that he'll make his case eloquently, no?

I'd be happy with Higgins taking Kovy's A. If Souray's back, he deserves the other A.

Komisarek? I like the guy a lot, but I haven't seen leadership attributes from him, unlike Chris Higgins. He works hard, so leadership by example I guess...

I doubt you'd see both Komi and Higgins get the 'A' next year, likely just one of them (Higgins), and maybe not even that. It's still an honour usually reserved for the veterans.

Factor in that Higgy's a Yale grad, and you have to think that he'll make his case eloquently, no?

I'd be happy with Higgins taking Kovy's A. If Souray's back, he deserves the other A.

I'm pretty sure he never actually graduated from there. Did 2 years before leaving to play in Hamilton. Still a good choice for an A though, imho

Komisarek is the one player on the team with the potential to be a superstar. No offense to Chris Higgins, but I think that the team will revolve around Komo and Plekanec moreso than him in the near future.

ps: BOB, would you do me a favor and sign higgins for 4-5 years so I can safely buy my higgins jersey?? thanks !! if you sign him for longterm, I'll a buy you that chicken breast special at ST-Hubert that you're so fond of !!

If he signs long-term, I'm getting a beautiful white #21 jersey. He's my favourite player, as my avatar clearly shows. The only thing stopping me from getting it is that he doesn't (yet) have a long-term contract and that hasn't played a full consistent season. Oh, that and I don't have the required $213.21 lying around :D

Edited by les_glorieux

If he signs long-term, I'm getting a beautiful white #21 jersey. He's my favourite player, as my avatar clearly shows. The only thing stopping me from getting it is that he doesn't (yet) have a long-term contract and that hasn't played a full consistent season. Oh, that and I don't have the required $213.21 lying around :D

me neither, I think I'll ask my GF for it for christmas. I'm giving her a kid so I guess it's fair trade, isn't it ??

Komisarek? I like the guy a lot, but I haven't seen leadership attributes from him, unlike Chris Higgins. He works hard, so leadership by example I guess...

I doubt you'd see both Komi and Higgins get the 'A' next year, likely just one of them (Higgins), and maybe not even that. It's still an honour usually reserved for the veterans.

Komisarek talks a lot on the ice and on the bench. He's great in interviews and you can tell he's a mature and smart guy. He stands up for his teammates as well and is a tough customer. His play is pretty good too and he does his best.

I imagine there will be screaming and blood.

I'll wrap it a leafs pj so it'll be ok if there still some blood or it has to poopie.

once it'll be clean he/she will HABS gears all over the room.

I'd like to see the look on her face when she unwraps THAT on Christmas morning...

I hope it won't cry, I really wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

I can't believe that nobody has suggested Markov?!?! This guy, if he is resigned, will have been on the team for a long time and is probably one of the most important players on the team. Not to mention the fact that he often plays more minutes than any other player on the team, so he would logically be most available to talk to the refs.

I can't believe that nobody has suggested Markov?!?! This guy, if he is resigned, will have been on the team for a long time and is probably one of the most important players on the team. Not to mention the fact that he often plays more minutes than any other player on the team, so he would logically be most available to talk to the refs.

Markov doesn't even talk to himself, let alone teammates. I see markov as a great soldier, not as a leader.

If he want to speak with the refs, he need to undertsand them first. I don't think Markov will ever have a letter on his jersey. I think Komi is the best choice for the A. He's a true leader on the ice and on the bench, I assume he is in the locker room too, you see him talking alot to the ref. I think Higgins will fit perfectly with the A on his jersey when Komi will be our captain.. ;)

Koivu C

Souray A

Begin A

Higgins A

Komisarek A

That would be fine for next year, but... all of this depends on Bob and Sheldon now...