Anaheim Ducks Win The 2007 Stanley Cup

I am SO glad the Ducks won that cup, it really goes to show how well the sport is doing that no matter what team you are, whether you are the Red Wings, the Devils or the friggen Anaheim Mighty Ducks you can win the cup if you work hard and show integrity.

Whats with all these people whining about Bettman and how Canada is crying that the classless Sens didn't win it? I am a Canadian and the Sens will never be "my team". Whether it is the face slashing Emery, the cheap shotting Neil or that stunt Alfredssen pulled I would never cheer for that miserable franchise.

Anaheim was the better team, they showed it in class, integrity, skill and most importantly on the scoreboard. I am proud that the better team won after watching in utter hatred last season when that putrid Carolina team injured their way to the cup. But this year they didn't even make the playoffs and no team was more deserving of that honor.

I don't see Ottawa making a more serious run for awhile, this was their chance they wont be as good next year.

Don't try and talk for all Canadians PTG.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get the admin comes up with the old thread about predictions and stuff like that. No matter what, i took Anaheim in my 2 fantasy pools.

Did you have a different account name? Because this one only goes back to December.

Now we can talk about the likelihood of a repeat!

None of Anaheim's big 3 on defence are going anywhere, so the defence will remain solid. All of their other D are UFAs, but does it really matter if one or more leave, given the amount of minutes they play? The only vital players that are UFAs are Teemu and Giguere. Arguably, they could risk letting go either one of them to save money that will be spent on the RFAs who will be due raises. They may have enough confidence in Bryzgalov to give him the reins next year. Of course, if everybody was just so thrilled at the experience that they are all willing to settle for lower-than-market salaries to keep the gang together, the increase in salary cap (if they spend up to it) may be enough to keep the team largely intact.

Overall, I think they have a pretty fair shot at repeating (understanding it's about getting hot at the right time, etc. etc.). I definitely will expect they will remain an elite team in the league next season, and not suffer the steep decline that we saw from other recent Cup champions/finalists (Canes, Lightning, Oilers).

Did you have a different account name? Because this one only goes back to December.

true wasn't on this board. But I just won 20$ yesterday. 5$ each, we were 4 friends on october 5th, i chose the Ducks, the others had : Buffalo, Nashville and San Jose.

One of them is waiting for his 1rst kid and he's only 23, i think i won't ask for my little 5$...

I don't see Ottawa making a more serious run for awhile

This is true in other ways too. How many finalists repeat their performance? Look at Calgary and Edmonton. They didn't exactly bounce back to the finals yet. Far from it. Some could argue that Ottawa has a better nucleus. But, other teams will make changes. Heck, even the Canadiens are a good example of a team that is going to be in Ottawa's kitchen. What if they draw the Leafs again etc?

I agree, probably a long time for the Sens.

pronvt6.png

Well, I took Buffalo to beat the Sens and I was wrong because the Sabres were FLAT. Ironic that the Sens pull the same trick against the Ducks that the Sabres pulled against the Sens. FLAT :blink:

Wicked, that means I have something in common with the Sabres and Sens. :lol:

Niedermayer bros were awesome. I'm happy that they were able to win one together. Now, next year I won't feel that bad when the Canucks knock them out of the playoffs. ^_^

;)

Greatest thing ever. I look forward to seeing our own pair of brothers lift the silver mug sometime in the future. B)

Niedermayer bros were awesome. I'm happy that they were able to win one together. Now, next year I won't feel that bad when the Canucks knock them out of the playoffs. ^_^

;)

Holy crap! You should seriously consider doing standup comedy. I think you'd be great at it. :lol:

Well, the best team won. No complaints here.

You should see all the bitching on a Red Wings forum I stumbled across the other day. Pretty funny stuff. "I wouldn't be so pissed if the Ducks were actually the best team in the playoffs or had actually earned it." Hahahhaa.

You should see all the bitching on a Red Wings forum I stumbled across the other day. Pretty funny stuff. "I wouldn't be so pissed if the Ducks were actually the best team in the playoffs or had actually earned it." Hahahhaa.

Well, Detroit had the Ducks on the ropes, they just couldn't "Finnish" 'em off. Should have played Filppula more. :P

They were up 2-1 and had the chance to take a stranglehold on the series with Pronger out of the lineup.

That reminds me, the Wings fans there hate Prongs even more than PTG does, haha. Granted, they have more of a reason to hate him than Habs fans do for hating Justin Williams. Pronger may not have seriously injured Holmstrom, but at least the hit was dirty. Williams' was an accident.