Anaheim Ducks Win The 2007 Stanley Cup

I'm going to have a hard time here if the damn Clucks win the cup before the Kings. People who I never thought even knew what a puck was are coming out of the woodwork around here and saying what "big" ducks fans they are. They're lack of any hockey knowledge when trying to rub it in on me is driving me insane !

*sigh*

Go Sens - Time for the Comeback ! :clap:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Alfredsson didn't get a penelty for shooting the puck at Niedermayer only proves once and for all that the refs are blind as bats.

I don't remember Neil diving, but Emery certainly did. I think of the goalie intereference penelty that Getzlaf (or was it Perry?) got as more of a retroactive running-the-goalie penelty. The Ducks got one this time when maybe they shouldn't, instead of all the times they should have gotten penelties in the Red Wings series but got away with crashing into Hasek. It looked to me as if Emery was outside the blue area. I don't like it when people hit the goaltenders and I don't think the goalie should be fair game, but when he embellishes the impact like Emery did, I think both teams should get a minor penelty. 2 for goalie interference for the guy who ran into Emery and 2 for diving on Emery himself.

Beauchemin stunk up the place. Calle Johansson (who is the expert commentator for Swedish Canal +) said at the start of the second period that Beauchemin had about 11:30 worth of icetime in the first period, and under normal circumstances he wouldn't have gotten that much icetime considering how bad he was. Huskins looked shaky too. The weird thing is that the Ducks aer 2-0 with Pronger serving a suspension.

I think the reason why the Sens lost this game was that while they played well offensively, they played horrible defense in the offensive zone. Too many turnovers and too many odd man breaks for Anaheim. And when that happens and they're forced to rely on Emery, you know they're bound to lose.

We all know Emery sucks but I for one am not impressed with Giguere either. He's good at stopping the first shot, but once he has stopped that first puck, he seems to have real crappy awareness and his lateral movement is horrible. I think Giguere is a good goalie, but far from the great goalie everyone thinks he is.

I'd be shocked if the Sens managed to come back after this defeat. I'm surprised myself at how little I care about this Cup Finals series. Even less appealing than last year's Finals. The fact that the Ducks will most likely win it feels to me like the biggest "meh" in recent memory. I just don't care. It doesn't even bother me anymore that this poor excuse for a dirty hockey team is going to taint the Stanley Cup.

Now where is that soccer thread?

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

I don't remember Neil diving, but Emery certainly did. I think of the goalie intereference penelty that Getzlaf (or was it Perry?) got as more of a retroactive running-the-goalie penelty. It looked to me as if Emery was outside the blue area. I don't like it when people hit the goaltenders and I don't think the goalie should be fair game, but when he embellishes the impact like Emery did, I think both teams should get a minor penelty.

Neil dove on the first penalty of the game. Beauchemin hacked him in the leg and Neil crumpled to the ice. When he got up, he was holding his hand. :wacko: I think if the goalie is out of the crease, he should be fair game. If he wants to skate in the white ice, then he should have to pay like everyone else. I kinda liked Don Cherry's idea about diving: give 2 minutes for the dive and renege on calling the original penalty. Would never happen though, because refs are too blind and controversies about whether a guy dove or not would happen too much.

Beauchemin stunk up the place. Calle Johansson (who is the expert commentator for Swedish Canal +) said at the start of the second period that Beauchemin had about 11:30 worth of icetime in the first period, and under normal circumstances he wouldn't have gotten that much icetime considering how bad he was. Huskins looked shaky too. The weird thing is that the Ducks aer 2-0 with Pronger serving a suspension.

Yep, not one of his better games. It was obvious that he was not comfortable on the right side of the ice. When Pronger's in the lineup, Beauchemin is able to play the left side the entire game. With Pronger out, though, he was forced in some situations to play the right side, and it was obvious he wasn't used to it. Just goes to show that which side of the ice you're on is, indeed, a big deal.

I just don't care. It doesn't even bother me anymore that this poor excuse for a dirty hockey team is going to taint the Stanley Cup.

How can you not care? The games have all been very exciting. Hard hitting, good scoring chances, big saves, squirmishes. The only thing missing is a good fight. And as for that "poor excuse for a dirty hockey team," I'd love it if Montreal had that team. They have heart. They have toughness. They have so many things that too many players on the Habs lack. They are an extremely good team. They can play without a guy like Pronger and still win in the playoffs. When the Habs lose Markov or Koivu, the entire team slumps and they can't win. I would love to switch franchises with Anaheim.

They are but something is still missing. First off, I'd like to ask Bryan Murray why Spezza remained on the 1st line til the very end. He was a goof tonight. Murray should have put Fisher on line 1 in the 3rd. Heatley is a major disappointment too. Yeah, he scored. Big deal. In a losing cause with the cup on the line, a goal like that deserves honourable mention only. He did tie the game but the end result and given his performance overall does not impress at the end of the day. I cannot call that rising to the occasion. Heatley went invisible against Buffalo last year and in the last Olympics he was invisible. Big game Heatley? Not yet! He he wants his critics off of his back, he has 3 games to prove it. Now's the time Heatley. Ottawa needs secondary scoring back too - in a big way.

Ottawa needs better depth scoring. IMO, the reason that Ottawa is losing is that Carlyle is outcoaching Murray. Think about it. Make Ottawa's coach - Pat Burns. Just imagine for a sec....

...would they be in this position now?

Murray :blink:

man what are you missing? Ottawa always choke and ever will... bottom line. No europeen captain ever win the Cup and the wind ain't gonna change this year. Hope Koivu will be the 1rst...

man what are you missing? Ottawa always choke and ever will... bottom line. No europeen captain ever win the Cup and the wind ain't gonna change this year. Hope Koivu will be the 1rst...

Do you even know how to use the word choke properly? You need something to choke away first of all, some kind of lead. They've have had a lead in the series and for chrissakes, have never been favored in the Finals so far. Most of the league is EXPECTING Anaheim to win so it's impossible for Ottawa to choke anything away because they haven't had anything to begin with.

Do you even know how to use the word choke properly? You need something to choke away first of all, some kind of lead. They've have had a lead in the series and for chrissakes, have never been favored in the Finals so far. Most of the league is EXPECTING Anaheim to win so it's impossible for Ottawa to choke anything away because they haven't had anything to begin with.

when you beat the Sabres in 5, sorry but it's 50-50 before the final start. Then, when your top line are 1-2-3 leading scorers before final and don't show up, that's a choke. When you just won an hard game, see Pronger get suspended for the next one AT HOME and loose, that's a choke. When you finish top 5 in the league 4 years in a row and get sweep by Toronto Maple Leafs 2 years in a row, that's a choke.

I exactly know the meaning of the word choke since 5 years or so : Ottawa Senators !!!!!

when you beat the Sabres in 5, sorry but it's 50-50 before the final start.

Very few people picked Ottawa to win, even on the pro lines Anaheim is always favored by a couple goals. You need to offer up a surprise for it to be a choke. No one's surprised.

Then, when your top line are 1-2-3 leading scorers before final and don't show up, that's a choke.

You can't blame the entire organization for that, those are individual players not showing up. Alfie has anyway but thats besides the point.

When you just won an hard game, see Pronger get suspended for the next one AT HOME and loose, that's a choke.

So Detroit choked too then? Thats really taking away from a solid team, very few ever see two studs on the blueline. Without Prongs, Anaheim is still tough team to beat. And Ottawa is a crap sports city so the fact they're at home means nothing, they never offer anything as a sixth man anyway.

When you finish top 5 in the league 4 years in a row and get sweep by Toronto Maple Leafs 2 years in a row, that's a choke.

I exactly know the meaning of the word choke since 5 years or so : Ottawa Senators !!!!!

Well now you're just missing the point, bringing up years we did in fact choke. Obviously theres been many chokejobs. This year is far, far away from one.

Very few people picked Ottawa to win, even on the pro lines Anaheim is always favored by a couple goals. You need to offer up a surprise for it to be a choke. No one's surprised.

You can't blame the entire organization for that, those are individual players not showing up. Alfie has anyway but thats besides the point.

So Detroit choked too then? Thats really taking away from a solid team, very few ever see two studs on the blueline. Without Prongs, Anaheim is still tough team to beat. And Ottawa is a crap sports city so the fact they're at home means nothing, they never offer anything as a sixth man anyway.

Well now you're just missing the point, bringing up years we did in fact choke. Obviously theres been many chokejobs. This year is far, far away from one.

I'm sorry but individuals players are part of the organisation. If top scorers don't show up, then the others have to. Only Neil and Fisher filled the role.

by home game, i'm not only talking about the crowd. Ottawa has the opportunity to make the last change on the ice, so oppoing who ever the want against Nieds and Beauchemin. Also, they slept at home, this is their crowd, their rink and they didn't take advantage of that to tie the serie.

for me, choking = be the bests and then crumble. Ottawa have been the best team in playoffs before final, and now they crumbled so they choked.

Game Over Ducks in 5 ! Better luck next time Sens... oh, if a next time comes up!!!

How was the Sens the best team in the playoffs? Yeah they had the best playoff record but the general consensus was that the winner would come out of the west because its stronger at the moment.

I saw many games from all the series and i think Ottawa offered the best level of hockey... Anaheim was fine too, Detroit also, but i prefered Ottawa even if I hate them.

and the concensus was the same for the 2 last season i think...

Edited by JoeLassister

One thing I've forgotten to mention about last nights game. But, how's this for a headline?

"Ottawa loses Stanley cup to Anaheim because the Sens mount for the skate sharpening stone was bent. No one on the staff noticed"

How many blown tires last night from Ottawa? Something was obviously wrong with the Sens skates. PATHETIC! I'm starting to wonder if the mount is bent. :lol:

PS. A good insult from a Canadiens fan to a Senators fan: After almost 100 TRUE YEARS in the game there is no way the BEST STAFF :hlogo: AND THE BEST TRAINERS :hlogo: IN THE LEAGUE would ever let that one slip by them. But that's why :hlogo: can fly.

How many blown tires last night from Ottawa? Something was obviously wrong with the Sens skates. PATHETIC! I'm starting to wonder if the mount is bent. :lol:

Only guy I noticed falling down a lot was Kent Huskins on Anaheim.

Only guy I noticed falling down a lot was Kent Huskins on Anaheim.

Yeah, that was funny.

AC: I noticed it too and I think it was more frequent toward the end of the game. The Sens were probably trying to do too much and were overskating the puck or missing a lot of passes due to stress/excitation.

Can't remember if I said this already or not, but althought I don't like Don Cherry, he was excellent in his "toned down" US appearance on NBC. Very entertaining and I agreed with quite a bit of what he was saying and loved when he called out the hypocrisy of those who say US fans don't want fighting, but love NASCAR for the crashes and football for the hard hitting.

I think Ottawa is being outcoached. The Sens can't find anyway to compensate for Anaheim's gameplan. They are consistently worn down by Anaheim in the first two periods, allowing the Ducks to dominate the third. And why did the Sens put Alfy back with Spezza and Heatley in the third? Eaves setup their second goal and was making things happen. If you're gonna flip lines around, why not stick with what's working? Their big three just haven't been playing well as a unit most of this series. Smart to split them up, stupid to put them back together so quickly.

And I'd still like to know what Alfy thought he would gain with his unsportsmanlike shot at Neids.

For sure Murray is being out coached.

I would split up all 3 of Alfie Spezza and Heatly for game 5 one on each line and let them stay together on the PP.

Well if it was the Habs, the lines combinations would change every shift lol. I was surprised to see they didn't changed their combinations, except few occasions. Like few shifts where Alfie played on Fisher's line.

When Eaves got a shift on the 1st line it created a spark and they scored. I wonder why he didn't tried that combination again. I would play Vermette on the first line with Alfie and Heatley for a few shifts. Spezza is great but has been ugly at 5-5 this serie.

ANyways, we'll say in 30 min. Go Sens!