Stupid Defensemen!!!

huzer

I played nets tonight in a game for the first time in 12 years tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed it, only gave up 1 goal as the team played pretty well in front of me....except...

I was letting a centering pass go through the crease, as I knew there wasn't any offensive pressure on the other side of the net. (Strange, I know, but hey, I'm a little rusty) And what happens? One of my own stupid defensemen came into the crease and redirected the pass right into the net. At least the other team didn't score, but giving up garbage like that has always pissed me off. I had to keep shoving my own defensemen out of the crease until they finally got the idea that I didn't want them there. Argh. The same dman repeatedly tried to dig the puck out of the trapper when I had it smothered too, for some unknown reason.

So the one goal I give up is scored on me by my own dman. :nono::nono::wall:

[Edited on 2004/3/26 by huzer]

Originally posted by huzer

I played nets tonight in a game for the first time in 12 years tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed it, only gave up 1 goal as the team played pretty well in front of me....except...

I was letting a centering pass go through the crease, as I knew there wasn't any offensive pressure on the other side of the net. (Strange, I know, but hey, I'm a little rusty) And what happens? One of my own stupid defensemen came into the crease and redirected the pass right into the net. At least the other team didn't score, but giving up garbage like that has always pissed me off. I had to keep shoving my own defensemen out of the crease until they finally got the idea that I didn't want them there. Argh. The same dman repeatedly tried to dig the puck out of the trapper when I had it smothered too, for some unknown reason.  

So the one goal I give up is scored on me by my own dman. :nono::nono::wall:

[Edited on 2004/3/26 by huzer]

Ahh that sucks. You would of gotten a shutout if not for your own dumb teammate. How many saves did you make? (On the other team ... :lol: )

Hey, arent you the coach of your team? Just bench the D-man next game! Problem solved.

Yeah, I'm also the coach. It was a Brodeur style shutout, only had to make 18 saves. The other team really sucked though, we've beaten them a combined 30-4 in our 2 games against them this year.

I may play nets again next week. I'm a wandering goalie, as I can't stand the puck in my own end, and the team really liked that, as our other goalie will never leave the crease at all, even to stop the puck behind the net on dump ins.

You play goalie now ?? :nono:

Humm are you getting too old to play upfront? :lol:;)

Didn't knew Traverse was playing in your team hehe ":mad: Hey, we score on the other side! the other side"

Nah, I've played goalie before and our regular starter is out of town. Since I never trust anyone that says "i can play nets", I figured I'd do it myself instead of watching someone flop around in the crease like a dying fish. I just need to teach our goalie how to handle the puck better. No way an I playnig nets full time, although it is fun every once in a while. I may play in another, less competitive league and be goalie for that team.

Otherwise, I'm still the pain in the ass fat guy flying around out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, don't worry about it. I play goalie too and whenever I let in a goal I say to myself " I'm gonna make a majorly huge save next" and don't blame yourself. There's always other reasons of why a goal is scored, a defenseive lapse, giveaway etc. Unless its's on a penalty shot then that's your fault. But otherwise don't worry about it.:hlogo::devil::hlogo::devil: