American Money is now worthless

Pierre the Great

Got to love the British when they come over here. They love (or at least they did until Mr. Danger took over) coming because they can live like kings and queens. Then they go back to their leaky 1 bedroom apartment with no heat in East London. lol

We are their Mexico.

I hope so I am planning a few trips to the US this summer.

It's at 88 or 89 right now.

For the US it's definitely better for them to have their currency high since they import so much. But they export a lot too, so that will get a boost from a lower currency.

The US$ is on a bit of a long term depreciation, one of the driving forces is that a lot of major central banks in the world are diviersifying their reserve currencies away from all USD to include Euro and pounds now that they are viable alternatives (15 years ago the euro didn't exist, and the UK was still recovering from the 70s, now they are both solid). This is putting long term downward pressure on the US$ and driving demand for euros and other currencies.

Got to love the British when they come over here. They love (or at least they did until Mr. Danger took over) coming because they can live like kings and queens. Then they go back to their leaky 1 bedroom apartment with no heat in East London. lol

We are their Mexico.

It's at 88 or 89 right now.

April 19th, 10h40

100,00 CAD Canada Dollars = 88,6592 USD États-Unis Dollars

1 CAD = 0,886592 USD 1 USD = 1,12792 CAD

It's time to buy some USD !!!

For the US it's definitely better for them to have their currency high since they import so much. But they export a lot too, so that will get a boost from a lower currency.

The US$ is on a bit of a long term depreciation, one of the driving forces is that a lot of major central banks in the world are diviersifying their reserve currencies away from all USD to include Euro and pounds now that they are viable alternatives (15 years ago the euro didn't exist, and the UK was still recovering from the 70s, now they are both solid). This is putting long term downward pressure on the US$ and driving demand for euros and other currencies.

To me the Euro will one day be the 'official' money of the world. Heck that probably will come by 2020.

power and influence in the western world is going back to Europe.

I think it's just a phase. Canadian dollar used to be at 62-63 UScents and we managed just fine. I think the value of american money will rise once someone who know how to budget gets in the White House. All that reckless spending and rising debt cant be good for the value of american money.

I think it's just a phase. Canadian dollar used to be at 62-63 UScents and we managed just fine. I think the value of american money will rise once someone who know how to budget gets in the White House. All that reckless spending and rising debt cant be good for the value of american money.

It was at 62 cents because Canada was going through a recession and part of Canada wanted to split from the country.

Referendums bring on dramatically weakened canadian dollar.

Actually it went down to 62 a few years after the referendum

I want a strong greenback. This is a bummer.

Canada's exports will suffer :(

Canada's manufacturers relied on the weak dollar for too long, and didn't make the necessary productivity investments as a result. A stronger dollar now gives them more buying power to make those investments, given that they generally come from the U.S. Over time, hopefully our productivity will improve relative to the U.S. Yes, it will be painful for many and fatal for some, but this is overdue.

Relying on a weak dollar (and resulting relatively inferior standard of living) is not a good long term plan, IMO.

I say yeah I hope the canadian dollar goes above a buck but then I'm on an angry streak at the moment and my anti-american side comes out.

I'm going to go hug my pillow talk to my people on the wall. They give me advice on life. ;) ;)

:lol:

If the C$ is going above a buck, that's fine, but I'd like it to take a few years to get there... any quicker than that and the shock to the economy might bring about a recession. The economy is still adjusting to the more recent loonie ascension.

And, by 'at the moment' did you mean the last year or two? Seems your anti-American side has been out for awhile! ;)

To me the Euro will one day be the 'official' money of the world. Heck that probably will come by 2020.

power and influence in the western world is going back to Europe.

europe has plenty of it's own problems