Perezhogin signs in Russia

Talon

This is all too neat for me, if it were a bargaining thing, there'd already be a big hoo-haa in the media over here. Except he quietly signs that way.

Where is the "money or walk" article? Where is the "I want a bigger role on this team" speech? He'd have to be a fool to run away because of that, he hasn't got the name like Kovalchuk to manage a little ultimatum but Semin had a lot more complex situation such as militiary service and his reluctance to report.

I don't think Perezhogin's coming back any time next season.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to thank Carbo for mishandling and mistreating Perezhogin....Carbo didn't like Perezhogin for some stange reason and now hes gone...I hope hes happy....Rivet pooped in Carbo's corn flakes and he got traded away for next to nothing.....I don't know about the rest of you but Spidey is starting to think that Carbo is the next coming of Mario Tremblay. :angry:

Rivet pooped in Carbo's corn flakes and he got traded away for next to nothing

If someone had told you before the season that the Habs would get a 1st rounder for Rivet, would you honestly have been upset about it?

Back to Perezhogin, if this signing is strictly a "I'm done with Montreal thing," why didn't he demand a trade? If he wanted out of Montreal, he wouldn't just go home. He try to get on another NHL team so he could still make NHL money.

I would like to thank Carbo for mishandling and mistreating Perezhogin....Carbo didn't like Perezhogin for some stange reason and now hes gone...I hope hes happy....Rivet pooped in Carbo's corn flakes and he got traded away for next to nothing.....I don't know about the rest of you but Spidey is starting to think that Carbo is the next coming of Mario Tremblay. :angry:

hey guys does everything have to be carbo's fault? ok we did not make the playoffs get over it. by the way the deal for rivet was so lopsided to montreal's favor that it was crazy. If Bob had not made that deal then he SHOULD have been shot. This is a a normal russian negotiating ploy. let's see what develops. I really like you spiderman but I think you are off base on this one.

I would like to thank Carbo for mishandling and mistreating Perezhogin....Carbo didn't like Perezhogin for some stange reason and now hes gone...I hope hes happy....

I agree that he's mishandled Perogie completely.

hey guys does everything have to be carbo's fault?

No, but the mishandling of perogie definitely does.

If someone had told you before the season that the Habs would get a 1st rounder for Rivet, would you honestly have been upset about it?

Back to Perezhogin, if this signing is strictly a "I'm done with Montreal thing," why didn't he demand a trade? If he wanted out of Montreal, he wouldn't just go home. He try to get on another NHL team so he could still make NHL money.

bah, some of Russian teams offer around 2 mils per season to their players... exactly the same as here.

anywhay, i don't like this guy, he never shows anything. I will only remember him as the guy who ended Keith Primeau's carreer..

I am a big Perezhogin fan and was upset with how he was not given a chance ( more than 1 game or 2) with an offensive trio. I hope this is a ploy and a business decision as fanpuck as stated. Should Perezhogin wind up on a different NHL team the Habs will regret not keeping him. Or at least thats what I believe.

Last season when he was with Kovalev and Koivu that line was magic until Zednik came back.

Back to Perezhogin, if this signing is strictly a "I'm done with Montreal thing," why didn't he demand a trade?

Probably cause he looked and saw what happened to Samsonov, so he didn't bother demanding a trade.

This pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of any UFA wanting to sign in Montreal. There is something really wrong with this organization. You can't keep treating players like shit. Yeah the guy took some bad penalties but he was also your leading +/- guy. THe kid needs a chance to play and not just on the 4th line

anywhay, i don't like this guy, he never shows anything. I will only remember him as the guy who ended Keith Primeau's carreer..

With an accidental hit...It makes me laugh that some Philly fans were upset over that.

As for Perezhogin, apparently his agent doesn't even know about this, so perhaps it is untrue. If it is true I do think Carbo is to blame a bit, he has shown that he is not very good at dealing with his players.

Wait and see.

Edited by Talon

Probably cause he looked and saw what happened to Samsonov, so he didn't bother demanding a trade.

This pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of any UFA wanting to sign in Montreal. There is something really wrong with this organization. You can't keep treating players like shit. Yeah the guy took some bad penalties but he was also your leading +/- guy. THe kid needs a chance to play and not just on the 4th line

We are in a Catch 22 situation. All of this angst is due to one thing. The team is not winning. Unfortunately, we need some FA to expedite this process. If Bob does eventually build a consistent winner the Habs will have no problem with FA.

look at NJ, Lou L treats a lot of the players like crap but players go to NJ because the team is a contender every year

I agree that he's mishandled Perogie completely.

No, but the mishandling of perogie definitely does.

When Julien put Perogie on with Koivu and Kovy, Kovy couldn't say enough about how great he was......the line never produced.

Kovy talks of being , not a great player but the best.....yet he doesn't produce.

Perogie talks about being used the wrong way, still does not produce......

The problem is...... no matter what situation you put these clowns in they find a reason to whine about it. They all need to look in the mirror and realize maby it's not anyones fault but they're own.

Bulis thought he could be a fifty goal scorer too if used in the right situation.

All these players need to simply grow up and start playing hockey to the best of they're abilities no matter what situation they are put in. Any player not buying into it needs to be moved if we want a Stanley Cup anytime soon.

Carbo and Gainey have a plan and I for one trust in it. Trade Perez with the 1st rounders for something we can use.

This is actually good. Some team will think more highly of Perez's abililities thinking he's just unhappy in Montreal and the way he's used. When the truth is he's just not as good as he thinks he is.

When Julien put Perogie on with Koivu and Kovy, Kovy couldn't say enough about how great he was......the line never produced.

Kovy talks of being , not a great player but the best.....yet he doesn't produce.

The problem is...... no matter what situation you put these clowns in they find a reason to whine about it. They all need to look in the mirror and realize maby it's not anyones fault but they're own.

Bulis thought he could be a fifty goal scorer too if used in the right situation.

All these players need to simply grow up and start playing hockey to the best of they're abilities no matter what situation they are put in. Any player not buying into it needs to be moved if we want a Stanley Cup anytime soon.

Carbo and Gainey have a plan and I for one trust in it. Trade Perez with the 1st rounders for something we can use.

This is actually good. Some team will think more highly of Perez's abililities thinking he's just unhappy in Montreal and the way he's used. When the truth is he's just not as good as he thinks he is.

:clap::clap:

1- Koivu, Kovy and Perogie DID produce, they were broken up as a line not because they couldn't produce, but because the other lines weren't producing, so it was an effort to get the scoring spread across other lines

2- Perogie's never complained about being misused, but he has been misused. He's taken it all on the chin, and now he's signed elsewhere because he's sick of the way he's treated here. I don't blame him.

Bargaining tactic - love how the Guy-haters pop up everywhere.

Agree, bargaining tactic - love how the "soft-Russians have no heart" argument pops up everywhere.

Note * not directed at smon..just showing that the anti-euro/russian etc., bandwagon was just as quick to jump on this as the anti-Carbo one*

With an accidental hit...It makes me laugh that some Philly fans were upset over that.

As for Perezhogin, apparently his agent doesn't even know about this, so perhaps it is untrue. If it is true I do think Carbo is to blame a bit, he has shown that he is not very good at dealing with his players.

Wait and see.

where'd you hear that? If it's true that his agent doesn't know, it's potentially good news...

2- Perogie's never complained about being misused, but he has been misused. He's taken it all on the chin, and now he's signed elsewhere because he's sick of the way he's treated here. I don't blame him.

and you know he is unhappy in montreal exactly how?

HEY GUYS! RDS.ca just reported that Perezhogin DIDNT sign with a Russian team!!!

RDS talked to Don Meehan (which is Perezhogin's agent) and he said that Perezhogin RECEIVED an offer but he DECLINED...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/228149.html

7 Full games together

Perezhogin 3 goals 4 assists +2

Kovalev 2 goals 7 assists +2

Koivu 4 goals 3 assists +2

Yeah that line sucked they did nothing. After that Zednik came back and Perezhogin saw only 10+ minutes twice in the next 12 games.

I am very happy to see he turned it down.

and as I recall we all bitched the young guys were not being used properly and julien is fired. Now a bunch of guys say Carbo is good with youngsters and the (russian ) vets have a problem with him so we should fire carbo

THANK GOD THAT BOB GAINEY IS RUNNING THIS TEAM.