Perezhogin signs in Russia

Talon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY GUYS! RDS.ca just reported that Perezhogin DIDNT sign with a Russian team!!!

RDS talked to Don Meehan (which is Perezhogin's agent) and he said that Perezhogin RECEIVED an offer but he DECLINED...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/228149.html

I am sick of the Montreal media reporting rumours as facts without getting the story staright the first time. Only the Quebec media reported this crap...the rest knew enough to look into the facts before they start a controversy.

Just wanted clarification.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/04/perez...ntly_didnt_sig/

HEY GUYS! RDS.ca just reported that Perezhogin DIDNT sign with a Russian team!!!

RDS talked to Don Meehan (which is Perezhogin's agent) and he said that Perezhogin RECEIVED an offer but he DECLINED...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/228149.html

False news.. Perezhogin declined the offer. Cool!

Confirmed by RDS: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/228149.html

I for one would want Perezhogin back on the team. It is hard to try and develop players, then discard them and start over with draft picks. He is young, fast and was not utilized like most of the team. Carbo has to get some offensive coaching help as the current assistant coaches are not helping.

WEAKNESS that killed this team is what I rediculed Leaf fans in the 2005 season, cannot score 5 on 5. No plays, no momentum no desire. Who was our best 5 on 5 guy for scoring, watch someone say Samsonov.. :blink:

an other factor of the underuse of player such as perez is the fact that he never plays on PK and canadians takes a lot of penalities and i havent seen him on the PP either.

I'm also a fan of giving the guy more time.

Also, he's gonna be 24 yrs old on august....he's still a young kid in my mind. Off course, some recruits start producing younger, but i bet they have been put in a better context of developpment with better linemates...

WEAKNESS that killed this team is what I rediculed Leaf fans in the 2005 season, cannot score 5 on 5. No plays, no momentum no desire. Who was our best 5 on 5 guy for scoring, watch someone say Samsonov.. :blink:

I think it was Johnson, actually. Which is really sad.

I am sick of the Montreal media reporting rumours as facts without getting the story staright the first time. Only the Quebec media reported this crap...the rest knew enough to look into the facts before they start a controversy.

ummm... i gotta say that radio-canada first came out with that *scoop* saying Perezhogin signed a contract in Russia... then RDS investigate about it and they came out saying this is not true.

so if we have to blame, blame radio-canada coz they didnt verify their infos and make sure that it's TRUE... if they were not sure about it, then they just had to mention that's a rumor... not a fact...

Perezhogin will probably start next season on the first line with Koivu and Ryder. Unless, of course, Gainey brings in a new player. Nice to know that we have a guy like Perezhogin as our worst-case scenario. He's a darn good player.

Perezhogin will probably start next season on the first line with Koivu and Ryder. Unless, of course, Gainey brings in a new player. Nice to know that we have a guy like Perezhogin as our worst-case scenario. He's a darn good player.

Agreed, he is a player with potential and speed. Maybe a first line jolt is all he needs.

There aint no smoke for nothing, he is a RFA and didn't sign yet,

the good news is that we still have a guy relatively cheap with NHL experience and good potential.

It's relieving because he could fill a spot that Bob will have to buy back.

Kovalev and Samsonov i mean.

The key in his case would be communication once again.

He doesn't have a clue what his role his in the club. The look in his face tells all. Am i a two way more defensive player?, why do they put me on the first line, What did i did wrong being outside of the line up.

We will see what comes out of the smoke after the winds come...

ummm... i gotta say that radio-canada first came out with that *scoop* saying Perezhogin signed a contract in Russia... then RDS investigate about it and they came out saying this is not true.

so if we have to blame, blame radio-canada coz they didnt verify their infos and make sure that it's TRUE... if they were not sure about it, then they just had to mention that's a rumor... not a fact...

My point remains exactly the same....where is radio-canada? Was this posted on english CBC....

Also, RDS did report it as true and then a day later did their research to prove it false.

It is the Montreal media only.

Pat Hickey also reported it as true in the Gazette. But in his defence, once it's on RDS, it's usually true.

Hi Guys,

I am new here (I have been reading forums for a while, though) - never signed up but finally decided to do that. I am originally from Russia (although I live in the US), so I read Russian sport media quite often. I was reading Sport Express today and they are saying that Perezhogin signed in Russia. Seems like and old news, right? Well, they are saying he signed with Salavat Yulaev and not Avangard like everybody was saying before. According to them, he originally committed to Avangard but at the end signed with Salavat Yulaev from Ufa. I can provide link but is going to be in Russian. Just though you might wanna know.

Hi Guys,

I am new here (I have been reading forums for a while, though) - never signed up but finally decided to do that. I am originally from Russia (although I live in the US), so I read Russian sport media quite often. I was reading Sport Express today and they are saying that Perezhogin signed in Russia. Seems like and old news, right? Well, they are saying he signed with Salavat Yulaev and not Avangard like everybody was saying before. According to them, he originally committed to Avangard but at the end signed with Salavat Yulaev from Ufa. I can provide link but is going to be in Russian. Just though you might wanna know.

I hope that this is not true. He was my favorite player... almost got a new jersey to substitute #26 for Perezhogin's number. If any of what you are saying is true... I'll be terribly sad.

Welcome to the board... sniff, sniff. :?-

Hi Guys,

Is Sport Express a reputable paper? do they usually report stuff that's true, or do they report just anything?

Sounds like more BS to me. I will believe it when I see the Canadiens say something about it or it to be confirmed for more than a day in North America.

Hi Guys,

It is on the team's website. Apparently it says he signed for 2 years? We'll see, I guess.

http://www.hcsalavat.ru/?show=210

Apparently this board can't read the Cryllic alphabet, I was going to put up a brief translation of what I'd seen on HFboards... but it looks like the team thinks they have a contract signed with Alex.

Edited by saskhab