Ribeiro, about Terrell Davis

Fanpuck33_

Nowhere near the best ever.

Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, and Emmitt Smith (even though I can't stand him) are just the guys off the top of my head who are better than Terrel Davis. And the verdict is still out on guys like Marshall Faulk, Jamal Lewis, and Ricky Williams.

Terrell had what, three good years? And that was on a team with an amazing offensive line. The only reason he got 2,000 yards was becuase they gave him the ball like 40 times in the last game. Denver can put anyone in their backfield and get production. They had 4 different 1,000 yard rushers in 4 years.

[Edited on 4-4-04 by Fanpuck33]

Terrell Davis was the best and could've easily been statistically the best if he never got injured.

It wasn't just a coincidence that Denver and Elway finally with the Superbowl when Davis became their main RB.

In the playoffs he was unstoppable. He won MVP the first Superbowl over Elway.

Terrell Davis averaged 5.0+ per carry only one time. Barry Sanders averaged 5.0 over his entire career. When Davis' injuries began, he was already 29, and everyone knows running backs fade fast at age 30. Had Davis gotten an earlier start to his career, he might be able to be listed with the all-time greats. As it is, he only had a few good seasons. He shouldn't even be voted into the Hall of Fame. To get in, you need to show dominance at the position in your era. 3-4 years is no era.

Davis is one of my favorite, AND the best!!!

And if you wanna talk tight ends, its all about sharpe!!

this year denvers got crazy defence.....picked up john lynch, hearst, champ bailey, and theyve always had deltha oneal, al wilson, john mobley etc.

GO BRONCS GO

Terrell Davis is not the best ever, not even close. When you talk about Denver you are talking about a team that made Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary look like superstars. Davis was better than those two, but he is not the greatest ever by a longshot. I don't think Portis will do nearly as good as a member of the Redskins, he is another product of the Denver running game.

Next season it is all about the Minnesota Vikings and the best WR in the game Randy Moss. (don't bring up the last game of the season please, i still haven't recovered)