My New NHL and my vision of Hockey in the world.

yark. You really want that ? Seriously ?

I don't necessarily want it, but I definitely think that result is possible. I definitely think it is possible that an increased effort level from the players could offset a loss in talent. I don't think every team losing a Radulov would the league. Now, if every team lost a star player, it might be another story.

I don't necessarily want it, but I definitely think that result is possible. I definitely think it is possible that an increased effort level from the players could offset a loss in talent. I don't think every team losing a Radulov would the league. Now, if every team lost a star player, it might be another story.

Yeah. I just think that one day, stars players will not aim for the NHL only. That would force the NHL (and NHLPA) to work togheter and stop the bullshit (stupid contracts, stupid expansion, stupid behaviors on ice, etc).

Yeah. I just think that one day, stars players will not aim for the NHL only. That would force the NHL (and NHLPA) to work togheter and stop the bullshit (stupid contracts, stupid expansion, stupid behaviors on ice, etc).

you assume that the khl will be a success, not a lot of evidence to support that idea. They survive based on a few very rich individuals who may one decide they have lost enough money. And hey haven't you heard the nhl and the nhlpa are partners now. :lol: :hlogo:

Another case of NHLPA being ain't shit : fired Paul Kelly who was the 4th executive director in 5 years. Pat Flatley and Bob Lundquist both decided to leave in reaction to this firing.

Vincent Damphousse, who has been an active member of the NHLPA for years, seems to think that the players want now a director who will be hard with the NHL and active in terms of "fighting" with the league, just like was Bob Goodenow.

Doesn't smell good for 2011-2012...

The KHL has been looking to expand into Sweden, Czech Republic, Finland and others. There were teams in the SEL that said last year they would be willing to switch leagues, but that has apparently been put on the back burner (Five teams to leave Elitserien) They've decided to hold off and try to make some changes to the SEL that will make them more competitive with the KHL. There haven't been many teams from the other European leagues express an interest in joining the KHL, and with the reported payroll problems in the league, they aren't a real threat to the NHL from a salary point of view just yet. Their annual salary cap for the coming year is $20 million, with one player exemption per team. Of course there's always the money paid under the table.

I dream about a rounded triangular rink, with two pucks and three teams. Two points for the team with the most goals, 1 point for the middle team, 0 for the loser.

Can't go wrong with entertainment, eh!

I dream about a rounded triangular rink, with two pucks and three teams. Two points for the team with the most goals, 1 point for the middle team, 0 for the loser.

Can't go wrong with entertainment, eh!

Indeed. Remember the Slamball ? That was sick man !

There are KHL teams that couldn't even pay their players. Their biggest grabs so far are an aging Jagr, Radulov, and Hudler. Why on Earth would Malkin or Ovechkin sign in Russia for 2 million a year? Do you really think either of them are going to forfeit 6-7 million a year to play in Russia? If US and Canadian stars don't sign for 2 million to stay near home, why would Geno or Ovie? Do you really think Geno would give up that much money just to have his mom cook for him?

Looks like Ovechkin could do it...

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/news...html?cid=rsstsn

"Nobody can say to me you can't play for your country in the Olympic Games," Ovechkin told ESPN.com.

"I don't care," Ovechkin continued. "I'll go play in the Olympic Games for my country. If somebody says to me you can't play, see ya."

Edited by JoeLassister

• 1 year later...