Plekanec gave big bang for the buck

mathieu30

Study shows forward was Canadiens' best bargain at $22,500 per goal and $9,574 per point

Plekanec is the NHL's fourth-best value at forward, behind San Jose's Milan Michalek, Lee Stempniak of St. Louis and Colorado's Paul Stastny.

Read the full study at canadianbusiness.com/rankings

Can Canadianbuziness recognise what is a bargain in hochey ? Crosby is no bargain according

to the statsmachine,.......the statsmachine has gone crasy already and needs a psy pronto.

Can Canadianbuziness recognise what is a bargain in hochey ? Crosby is no bargain according

to the statsmachine,.......the statsmachine has gone crasy already and needs a psy pronto.

That analysis states that Aebischer was a more cost effective option than Marty Brodeur.

There is one thing thats becoming very clear to me... I'm obviously in the wrong line of work... these guys get paid way too much an hour and way too much for playing a game. For that matter, all sports figure out this way. And us hard working people get crapped on everyday making pennies and working our tails off. Geesh! I give up. when will we learn? more importantly when will I turn PRO and sign my million dollar contract for being a star employee in my 9-5 gig? NEVER!

There is one thing thats becoming very clear to me... I'm obviously in the wrong line of work... these guys get paid way too much an hour and way too much for playing a game. For that matter, all sports figure out this way. And us hard working people get crapped on everyday making pennies and working our tails off. Geesh! I give up. when will we learn? more importantly when will I turn PRO and sign my million dollar contract for being a star employee in my 9-5 gig? NEVER!

Try looking at it this way: there are, what, maybe 900 roster positions in the NHL...ballpark? That means there are only 900 people in the whole world that are good enough at playing hockey to play in the NHL. That means they have a very rare skill, and thus, are in great demand.

What do you do for a living? How many other people in the world are capable of doing what you do? Probably a hell of a lot more than 900, right?

Supply and demand...simple as that.

Not to mention the fact that there are a lot of people that pay a lot of money to watch what they do. I will just take a stab in the dark and guess that no one in thier right mind would pay 100$ to watch 3 hours of what you do.

It's the same for movie stars and musicians, eventually society will grow up and maybe they will get paid a respectable income.

Try looking at it this way: there are, what, maybe 900 roster positions in the NHL...ballpark? That means there are only 900 people in the whole world that are good enough at playing hockey to play in the NHL. That means they have a very rare skill, and thus, are in great demand.

What do you do for a living? How many other people in the world are capable of doing what you do? Probably a hell of a lot more than 900, right?

There are alot more people who have the talent to play in the nhl but for whatever reasons arent. Also hockey is not that popular and the time frame to become a hockey player is short, if you don't start young you wont make it.

Can you justify making 6 million a year for knocking a piece of rubber around? Hell no but thats capitalism for you.

Good way to look at it.

Personally I blame the Laffs. :lol:

Basically why all Pro sports players make so much can all be blamed on Harold Ballard. :rolleyes: The greedy bastard. Back when players earned only $10K a year, Ballard sold Mahovolich for $1 million. The players did the math and started thinking aboot it. It wasnt like he would be able to play for 100 years, so what was going on? They quickly realised how much money they were actually worth, and the crazy amounts of profits the owners were making off of them. If the players didnt make millions, the owners would make billions instead.