Line-up I'd like to see in Oct.

You're probably in the minority on that issue. Personally, I thought Bonk wasn't as bad as many made him out to be, but he definitely played much better this past year.
Know of any other players that can play the same positional style as Bonk, roughly the same size, but a little faster? I can't think of any.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know of any other players that can play the same positional style as Bonk, roughly the same size, but a little faster? I can't think of any.

Chipchura??

What is funny in that ?? He is not faster both are not very fast, but he is well positionned,

handle the stick very well creates space and play a very good 2 waysand he has a winning attitude.

Wich Bonk never had.

I sense some irony on your last 3 post revin5.

-Patrick Stefan a heartless no hitting no scoring no attitude guy, you must be joking.

-Tom Poti at defense? He learned to make blind pass and blurs at Patrice Brisebois school.

-Radek Bonk was a complete disaster the first year in Montreal playing with an injury ans skating like he pooed

in his jackstrap. He gave a good run this year to stay in the league and get another contract.

Are you joking around because i am not sure at all if you're not a Corvina clone or something :P

Souray is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY faster than Hatcher, than Hal Gill, McGillis, etc...

They don't use that stride that Souray has. If you study the way a cheetah runs, it extends its boby and lands on a dime and extends again. Leap leap leap etc. Souray strides like that and he is very fast given his size. He's also excellent at pushing off the ice while being stationary to start a rush. Strong legs. His backward skating transitioning to forward on a D play is the concern.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

They don't use that stride that Souray has. If you study the way a cheetah runs, it extends its boby and lands on a dime and extends again. Leap leap leap etc. Souray strides like that and he is very fast given his size. He's also excellent at pushing off the ice while being stationary to start a rush. Strong legs. His backward skating transitioning to forward on a D play is the concern.

I'll say it again: He'd be an amazing LWer

What is funny in that ?? He is not faster both are not very fast, but he is well positionned,

handle the stick very well creates space and play a very good 2 waysand he has a winning attitude.

Wich Bonk never had.

I sense some irony on your last 3 post revin5.

-Patrick Stefan a heartless no hitting no scoring no attitude guy, you must be joking.

-Tom Poti at defense? He learned to make blind pass and blurs at Patrice Brisebois school.

-Radek Bonk was a complete disaster the first year in Montreal playing with an injury ans skating like he pooed

in his jackstrap. He gave a good run this year to stay in the league and get another contract.

Are you joking around because i am not sure at all if you're not a Corvina clone or something :P

Not joking at all and no irony at all. Stefan can fill Bonk's role but with a bit more speed, Poti can fill Souray's role (not PP, but 5 in 5) with a bit more speed and more shot blocking, and Radek Bonk did everything that was needed of him the first year he was here (he was a big shutdown center, he wasn't here to score goals). What's a Corvina clone mean?

Bonk was very good in his first year with us and incredible in his second year. definitely a great pickup by Gainey in the Garon deal.

Bonk was very good in his first year with us and incredible in his second year. definitely a great pickup by Gainey in the Garon deal.

Heh, most definitely. Aside from Mathieu30, has anyone else really missed Garon?

Bonk sucked most of his first year it was not until the end when he started to play well.

hopefully Price on the roster as the second goalie. But oh what to do with Halak.

Gainey and Timmins have already said Price is a started no matter what next year he WILL NOT BE A BACKUP>

Those who think he was brutal are thinking that because he wasn't scoring at all. When Gainey brought him in, he clearly said that we'd use him in a checking role and don't want him to focus on offence. Once people realized that he just wasn't capable of putting up the numbers he did with Ottawa, they noticed how good his defensive play was.

Those who think he was brutal are thinking that because he wasn't scoring at all. When Gainey brought him in, he clearly said that we'd use him in a checking role and don't want him to focus on offence. Once people realized that he just wasn't capable of putting up the numbers he did with Ottawa, they noticed how good his defensive play was.

Even Gainey said he struggled when he first came. And he definitely knows what positional hockey is about. It could've been Julien's fault... Once Bob took over behind the bench, he started to improve.

Even Gainey said he struggled when he first came. And he definitely knows what positional hockey is about. It could've been Julien's fault... Once Bob took over behind the bench, he started to improve.
He played exactly the same the first half as the second half (only the puck went in the net a few times in teh second half).

He played exactly the same the first half as the second half (only the puck went in the net a few times in teh second half).

He was a -7 with 1 goal the first half of the season while playing about 15 minutes per game.

The second half he was +4 with 5 goals same playing time.

But by his own admission he played much better in the 2nd half, he also potted 2 goals in the playoffs.

He was a -7 with 1 goal the first half of the season while playing about 15 minutes per game.

The second half he was +4 with 5 goals same playing time.

But by his own admission he played much better in the 2nd half, he also potted 2 goals in the playoffs.

I thought everyone here had agreed that +/- is a meaningless stat. We'd have to rewatch the entire season to prove what I'm talking about, because being in position is not a stat.

This is what my team would look like in October if some players do want to come to montreal. lol Also keep in mind it's just a dream, not realistic but what the heck

(Smyth)- Koivu- Ryder

Kostitsyn- Plekanec- Kovalev

Higgins- Chipchura- Milroy

Latendresse- Lapierre- (Laperriere)

Begin-Murray

Markov-Komisarek

(Schneider-Hannan)

Streit-Dandenault

O'Byrne-Gorges

Huet-Halak

Price

This is what my team would look like in October if some players do want to come to montreal. lol Also keep in mind it's just a dream, not realistic but what the heck

(Smyth)- Koivu- Ryder

Kostitsyn- Plekanec- Kovalev

Higgins- Chipchura- Milroy

Latendresse- Lapierre- (Laperriere)

Begin-Murray

Markov-Komisarek

(Schneider-Hannan)

Streit-Dandenault

O'Byrne-Gorges

Huet-Halak

Price

between 25th and 30th position... Milroy :puke: