What's up with CJAD?

DJ_Laszlo

Why aren't they broadcasting on the SurferNetwork anymore? I hate this windows media player - only 32 kbps, and it's buffering like crazy! Drives me nuts....

And what's up with Andy Murray and Dino Sisto? Sisto was replaced by some other guy last night, and some games before that, Murray had somebody to replace him. Are they about to quit? I really like those two guys. :( I'm not saying these new guys blow - but when you've gotten used to the voices of Murray and Sisto after all these years listening to the Canadiens games, it feels a bit ackward to hear these new voices.

Originally posted by DJ_Laszlo

Why aren't they broadcasting on the SurferNetwork anymore? I hate this windows media player - only 32 kbps, and it's buffering like crazy! Drives me nuts....

And what's up with Andy Murray and Dino Sisto? Sisto was replaced by some other guy last night, and some games before that, Murray had somebody to replace him. Are they about to quit? I really like those two guys. :( I'm not saying these new guys blow - but when you've gotten used to the voices of Murray and Sisto after all these years listening to the Canadiens games, it feels a bit ackward to hear these new voices.

Open your windows media player... and goto...

Tools > Options > Performance > Buffer

Change the buffer-type from default to "buffer" ...

I think that will fix your problem.

The actual problem is that CJAD has been removed from Surfer Network's list of stations. Therefore, no more quality radio for free.

Why they did it just before the playoffs, I don't know. Methinks they aren't the sharpest marketers in North America.

Right now I've been relying on NHL.com'd radio which is broadcasting terribly (the 32 kbps that Laszlo was talking about). If someone has a better option, please advise us ASAP. I have to sound up super loud, and any error messages tend to break windows with their volume.

Cheers

I've the same problems with the buffering ... I tried it with 10 sec. buffering, then 60 sec. buffering and finally with automatic/standard buffering. But it isn't working really good, Windows Media Player is such a crap.

Now I can't even listen to the games because of this dmd player. :wall: :puke: :wall:

Originally posted by simonus

i hate to even mention this, but does the boston broadcaster offer a good web feed?  It's the best bandage i can think of.  

Do you have a link of the Boston radio station?

I also tried it with the french radio station CKAC, but they also only broadcast via Media Player. :eyes:

I used to listen on my Mac (love the post-game show). My browser would simply open up iTunes to play the file and it never skipped and worked perfectly.

Now, I have to go over to my PC and use WMP. It skips and stops so many times.

:mad:

[Edited on 2004/4/8 by Ribeiro]

Ugh, I used a Mac for 5 years, it's amazing you were able to listen on it. Now that I have a PC, I will never go back. I have dial-up where I am right now, so I couldn't pick the game up very well on cjad.com, but most of the time I'm on a newtowk, so hopefully I'll be able to pick the games up better there.

And what's up with Andy Murray and Dino Sisto?

Should be Murray Wilson, Andy Murray is coaching the Kings :D

I don't have a solution and I have the same problem too.. I do not mind the quality, but the buffering is quite disturbing.

:ghg:

Originally posted by jeppa

And what's up with Andy Murray and Dino Sisto?

Should be Murray Wilson, Andy Murray is coaching the Kings :D

I don't have a solution and I have the same problem too.. I do not mind the quality, but the buffering is quite disturbing.

:ghg:

:wall::)

The latest version of VideoLan Media Player plays .asx streams.

Download here: www.videolan.org

And best of all, this player is a freeware :)

[Edited on 2004/4/9 by DJ_Laszlo]

• 2 weeks later...

I read in the Gazette last week that Dino Sisto was given time off to deal with family issues. For a broadcaster this is akin the upper body injury so common in the playoffs.

Rick Moffat isn't bad. He does all of the Alouettes broadcasts with Tony Proudfoot doing colour. However, I hope that all is well with Dino and he is back soon.

PMAC :hlogo: