HW Tennis Fanatics

Fanpuck33

Holy crap! Roger Federer shut up his recent doubters by ending Rafael Nadal's incredible 81 match winning streak on clay. Looks like Roger is tuned up nicely for a run at the French Open, the one major he has yet to win.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nadal will still win Paris, though. he's too good on his own field.

I like federer better, though...hope I can see him this summer in mtl.

:clap: to Nadal for the record :clap: but i wonder, can we be a tennis fanatic? the man who hurt Monica Seles was one, but... are they any others??? Edited by JoeLassister

:clap: to Nadal for the record :clap: but i wonder, can we be a tennis fanatic? the man who hurt Monica Seles was one, but... are they any others???

yeah I'm a joeLassister fanatic :ninja:

Stinking thread hijackers...

we did it Joe !!!

still I'm more of a women tennis fan then men. I don't like that power tennis, I'd rather a good strategic exchange.

oh and the sound that some of them make when they hit the ball :rolleyes:

we did it Joe !!!

still I'm more of a women tennis fan then men. I don't like that power tennis, I'd rather a good strategic exchange.

oh and the sound that some of them make when they hit the ball :rolleyes:

I like watching sports at their highest levels, and that happens in men's tennis. Federer isn't all about power, he can do it all. I half expect him to one day start playing left handed, just for fun. :lol:

As for the grunting in women's tennis, I can't stand it. It's not sexy, it's annoying. I remember a Sharapova vs. Williams (forget which one) match I was watching, I had to watch the bloody match on mute.

Federer and Nadal aren't about power.

Now that punk emo fool Roddick is.

What is up with you and emo? Everyone you don't like is emo all of a sudden.

Anyways, I don't like Roddick much either. My favorite American is easily James Blake.

Your making a fool of yourself there Pierre....i havent seen so much nonsense in 1 post in my live!

btw Andy rocks!! I like hardhitters like that, its an art!! Its so difficult to hit a ball that hard and get it over the net and between the lines. I played tennis for so long now, and have really respect for andy. He also messes with the rules of Physics. They measured it once, he shouldnt be able to serve so hard. His shoulder should break! Its not the prettiest tennis, but its damn Impressive!!!!!

I like watching sports at their highest levels, and that happens in men's tennis. Federer isn't all about power, he can do it all. I half expect him to one day start playing left handed, just for fun. :lol:

As for the grunting in women's tennis, I can't stand it. It's not sexy, it's annoying. I remember a Sharapova vs. Williams (forget which one) match I was watching, I had to watch the bloody match on mute.

I don't watch tennis often, but Nadal and Federer are easily my favourites. As for women's tennis, you couldn't pay me to watch it. I will admit, there are some female players who don't grunt, but it's more the exception than the rule.

Federer and Nadal aren't about power.

Now that punk emo fool Roddick is.

Punk emo fool? :wacko:

Emo to me is white kids from the suburbs with made up problems (Ben Folds line)

Punk to me is someone who wears a cap to the side, head cocked, and walks in a gimp, with an attitude. Thinks he's better then everyone.

Emo: Originated in the late 80's as an offshoot of punk and goth. Emo is shorthand for "emotionally driven hardcore punk." Someone who is emo is generally sensitive, shy and in touch with his/her emotions (often manifested in a combination of anger and depression). Today, people who are "alternative" consumer whores, write terrible poetry, and talk about self-mutilation, suicide and depression are commonly derided as being "emo."

Punk: Originated in the early-to-mid 70's on the East Coast of the USA, but soon sprang up in London and LA as well. Punk is mostly an ideology that espouses such ideals as personal freedom, DIY, anti-conformity and political awareness. Unfortunately, many modern "punks" are actually poseurs and are only punks in "appearance."

So yeah, your definitions are kind of wrong.

I don't watch tennis often, but Nadal and Federer are easily my favourites. As for women's tennis, you couldn't pay me to watch it. I will admit, there are some female players who don't grunt, but it's more the exception than the rule.

Punk emo fool? :wacko:

Emo: Originated in the late 80's as an offshoot of punk and goth. Emo is shorthand for "emotionally driven hardcore punk." Someone who is emo is generally sensitive, shy and in touch with his/her emotions (often manifested in a combination of anger and depression). Today, people who are "alternative" consumer whores, write terrible poetry, and talk about self-mutilation, suicide and depression are commonly derided as being "emo."

Punk: Originated in the early-to-mid 70's on the East Coast of the USA, but soon sprang up in London and LA as well. Punk is mostly an ideology that espouses such ideals as personal freedom, DIY, anti-conformity and political awareness. Unfortunately, many modern "punks" are actually poseurs and are only punks in "appearance."

So yeah, your definitions are kind of wrong.

Fall Out Boy

My Chemical Romance

=

Andy Roddick

Andy Roddick comes from the school of Bode Miller. Which is I'm better then the game and I'm going to do my own thing even if its the wrong thing to do.

Andy Roddick the biggest American failure of all time.

Fall Out Boy

My Chemical Romance

=

Andy Roddick

Andy Roddick comes from the school of Bode Miller. Which is I'm better then the game and I'm going to do my own thing even if its the wrong thing to do.

Andy Roddick the biggest American failure of all time.

What the hell? Fall Out Boy and MCR embody "I'm better then the game and I'm going to do my own thing even if its the wrong thing to do?"

Also, I doubt Roddick is the biggest failure of all time. I mean, he's made tons of money doing something he enjoys. I'd call that being rather successful.